The Student Room Group

Any Problems With Deciding Your Future?

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone on here is struggling with deciding what they want to do for their future? I know that struggled with this personally and I'd love to hear of any problems you have about this subject. I'll try to help the best I can!
yes, kinda
Reply 2
Original post by Blackstarr
yes, kinda

Hi bud,

I apologise if you're not but are you the guy who's just asked me about child nursing? I've just answered your question on that thread if you want to check it out!
I know what career I want to go into but atm everything is uncertain and by that I mean I'm not sure if I will even be able to get in to uni, I don't really have any other "back up" plans
Original post by KieranAdam
Hi bud,

I apologise if you're not but are you the guy who's just asked me about child nursing? I've just answered your question on that thread if you want to check it out!

I am a girl:smile:

Yeah, i did post about child nursing
Reply 5
Original post by Blackstarr
I am a girl:smile:

Yeah, i did post about child nursing

I'm so sorry hahahahahaha. I wouldn't care but I thought as soon as I posted the message 'Hang on, what if this is a girl?.........' I will try to be more considerate in the future hahahahaha
Reply 6
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I know what career I want to go into but atm everything is uncertain and by that I mean I'm not sure if I will even be able to get in to uni, I don't really have any other "back up" plans

Grab a notepad and pen and figure out some back up plans, revolve them on what you're passionate about and where your best skills lie, that would be my first recommendation. Don't wait for the iceberg to hit, plan how you're going to react once you've hit it. Is there any chance you could provide a little more detail? Just so I can help you more!
Grab a notepad and pen and figure out some back up plans, revolve them on what you're passionate about and where your best skills lie, that would be my first recommendation. Don't wait for the iceberg to hit, plan how you're going to react once you've hit it. Is there any chance you could provide a little more detail? Just so I can help you more!

I want to be a primary school teacher and I know to be one I will definitely need a degree and a QTS.
Reply 8
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I want to be a primary school teacher and I know to be one I will definitely need a degree and a QTS.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I've had a few other posted threads at the same time which just blew up so I needed to take a step away from the forum for a few days hahahahahaha. In all honesty I think it's just about acknowledging that the career or most things aren't 'do or die' situations. Sure you might have to do something while working towards your goal (Which I'm doing at the moment, working on my projects while working a day job) but even if you fail the tests you can still do them again. Maybe if things don't go your way you could look at becoming a support assistant for a school while you train up to be a teacher. Then you'd have a great advantage because you're already working with kids. Just a thought, I again apologise for the late reply and hope this helps!
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I've had a few other posted threads at the same time which just blew up so I needed to take a step away from the forum for a few days hahahahahaha. In all honesty I think it's just about acknowledging that the career or most things aren't 'do or die' situations. Sure you might have to do something while working towards your goal (Which I'm doing at the moment, working on my projects while working a day job) but even if you fail the tests you can still do them again. Maybe if things don't go your way you could look at becoming a support assistant for a school while you train up to be a teacher. Then you'd have a great advantage because you're already working with kids. Just a thought, I again apologise for the late reply and hope this helps!

Yeah I have seen level 3 apprenticeships in teaching assistance so that's probably my back up plan, thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest