The Student Room Group

I work in a cattery, ask me anything! <3

Ask away! ^_^

Scroll to see replies

how far away from you do have I have to be to not smell cat piss?
Do you know how many people are jealous of you rn? :ahee:

Spoiler

Original post by fallen_acorns
how far away from you do have I have to be to not smell cat piss?

Not far... The cat hotel is clean.
Original post by typicalvirgo
Do you know how many people are jealous of you rn? :ahee:

Spoiler

I get told that A LOT! <3
Reply 5
Ever accidentally stood on a cat?
Reply 6
How are you feline?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
Ever accidentally stood on a cat?

Yes... :'( I always pick up the baby and cuddle them, telling them how sorry I am for hurting them and asking for their forgiveness...
Original post by UWS
How are you feeline?

I am fine, yes.
When new clients come how long does it typically take for the cats behaviour to return to normal?
Are there really vets on site? Or do they just put this in the brochure for marketing purposes?
Do you ever find yourself making a special connection with a cat, then find it hard to say goodbye a couple of weeks later?
Do cats sulk really badly and are disturbed when owners are away and they are in a strange new environment? If so, what can you do to make them feel better?
is a cattery like a battery but ermm for cats ?
What's your 5th favourite shop in Tanzania?
Original post by VMD100
When new clients come how long does it typically take for the cats behaviour to return to normal?

It depends on the cats. Some cats can be quite aggessive. I was looking after one, she was really scared due to her past eperiences... She would lash out at anyone who came near her pen.
Original post by waitingtoexhale
Are there really vets on site? Or do they just put this in the brochure for marketing purposes?

Yes, there are vets, the cattery is riht next to a vet clinic.
Original post by XMaramena
Do you ever find yourself making a special connection with a cat, then find it hard to say goodbye a couple of weeks later?

Yes... I had my heart broken by a really special girl.. Her name was Bonnie... I really didn't want to let her go... I miss her so much...
Right now I'm getting attached to a 14 year old Burmese named Tom.. He's so affectionate, I always make sure I cuddle him at least 3 times...

Original post by 303Pharma
Do cats sulk really badly and are disturbed when owners are away and they are in a strange new environment? If so, what can you do to make them feel better?

Yes, some of them do react badly to being in a new environment, they mostly hide and do not eat, it cna be quite concerning... We use Feliway which can help to calm them down.

Original post by the bear
is a cattery like a battery but ermm for cats ?

No?
Original post by FireFreezer77
What's your 5th favourite shop in Tanzania?

I don't know.
Does your cattery do the euthanising thing that some do, when the cat hasn't been adopted in a long time?
Do you own your cats?
Original post by Athena64
Does your cattery do the euthanising thing that some do, when the cat hasn't been adopted in a long time?

I think OP works in a boarding cattery, not an adoption shelter. Like, what you'd send your cat to if you went on holiday for a week...
Original post by bluemadhatter
Do you own your cats?

No. I have a HUGE hatred for the term owner in regards to other animals.

Original post by XMaramena
I think OP works in a boarding cattery, not an adoption shelter. Like, what you'd send your cat to if you went on holiday for a week...

Yes, that's right.
What is your favourite animal and why?

Quick Reply

Latest