The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jp14utd
Ah well, good luck anyway!
Thanks, will be needing loads of that :tongue: You too! :h:
Original post by jp14utd
Ah fair enough, I mostly use my frees to relax because I feel like I can barely catch a break with the amount of lessons I have per day

Yeah fair enough, I mean 4 frees; take advantage of it
Original post by jp14utd
-
Santan Dave (who btw has a new EP out that I would highly recommend).

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm Jade.
I enjoy ice skating and go every week, I am taking German, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics.
My favourite subjects are Maths and Coding and Astronomy.
I think I'm the future I would like to go into astronomy or computing, both would be amazing, I really love space, maybe I'll program the mission to mars, you never know. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Good, thanks, really fun! I was settling in well until I got bronchitis :frown:

Yourself?

Original post by hamza772000
Good, but tiring :tongue: Wbu? :smile:

It's good :smile:
Original post by AdeptDz
This

Right? Can't believe he's only a year older than us
hey guys...I think I've posted on here like twice since school began :biggrin: oops
is anyone else finding aqa chemistry hard? like super duper incredibly hard? my teachers are going through the topics really quickly and it's stressing us all out :frown:
I'm finding edexcel snab biology, aqa french and (i think aqa?) maths fine so far, it's just chem that's killing me slowly!

edit: I have 14 frees per fortnight. we're not allowed to leave during them but we can leave during lunch. after half term we can leave at lunch if we don't have any lessons after it. I normally spend my frees doing homework or relaxing~
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey I'm *withholds name in fear of people from school finding me*

I play the violin and did my Grade 7 in May (in 5 orchestras - feel free to lol @ my geeky life) I got 11A* and an A^/A** in Further Maths at GCSE, but I swear its just because i have a photographic memory!

Im taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature, and I think at the moment my favs are Chem and bio they're super interesting!

I'm hoping to become a doctor and study medicine at uni (liking the look of UCL, Imperial and Cambridge atm although i keep changing my mind!). Hopefully my A levels turn out as well as my GCSEs, and I can get some good work experience which is SO hard to find and I'll get a place (fingers crossed!)
Original post by Tea2345
Hey I'm *withholds name in fear of people from school finding me*

I play the violin and did my Grade 7 in May (in 5 orchestras - feel free to lol @ my geeky life) I got 11A* and an A^/A** in Further Maths at GCSE, but I swear its just because i have a photographic memory!

Im taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature, and I think at the moment my favs are Chem and bio they're super interesting!

I'm hoping to become a doctor and study medicine at uni (liking the look of UCL, Imperial and Cambridge atm although i keep changing my mind!). Hopefully my A levels turn out as well as my GCSEs, and I can get some good work experience which is SO hard to find and I'll get a place (fingers crossed!)

omg I got 11A* (one of them in further maths) and 2A and saaame I just have a good memory so I crammed like the night before each exam :biggrin:
good luck with your studies!
Original post by icy_typhoon
omg I got 11A* (one of them in further maths) and 2A and saaame I just have a good memory so I crammed like the night before each exam :biggrin:
good luck with your studies!

well done!! hahaha my memory isn't that good, literally revised for months and made revision cards for EVERYTHING like i now have piles just sat in my room because i can't bring myself to throw them away lol so tragic
Original post by jp14utd
Right? Can't believe he's only a year older than us

Yep, Jkyl + Hyde is still my favourite
Anyone going to Cambridge masterclass soon? I booked for Chemistry :awesome:
Original post by AdeptDz
Yep, Jkyl + Hyde is still my favourite

I really like Picture Me personally, but yeah Jkyl + Hyde is a great song as well
- Introduce yourself
Hi, i'm Erin and I'm a 17 year old girl who has just started year 12 at my school's sixth form and I am hoping to get into Cambridge!
My GCSE grades are as follows:
English Language (CIE) - A
English Literature (WJEC) - A
Maths (Edexcel) - A*
Further maths (AQA) - A^
Biology (AQA) - A*
Chemistry (AQA) - A*
Physics (AQA) - A*
History (AQA) - A*
French (Edexcel) - A
Media (AQA) - A
RE (Edexcel ) - A*

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I am quite creative. I enjoy drawing , singing and playing guitar occasionally. I love music and have such a varied music taste. I also really enjoy fashion and beauty; such as doing makeup. I'm very girly and my favourite colour is pink. I also like playing some games and going out with my friends. I sometimes enjoy a good book, but i'm very picky! I like memes and cats.
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I take Maths (Edexcel), Chemistry(AQA) , Biology(AQA) and Sociology(AQA)

- Your favourite subject(s)?
My favourite subject is maths without a doubt.

- Your ideal future occupation?
I have no idea lol, but i want to go to university definitely!
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow this thread went quiet, everyone into their studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1035
hiya everyone, im joining a little late to the party. right now im really kicking myself because im really unorganised when i get home, can someone share their work routine with me to get me a bit more inspired?? :tongue: im doing biology, chemistry, maths and art and my self discipline is awful :s-smilie:
Original post by jp14utd
I was interested in applying for Oxford medicine but I read a book talking about the sorts of questions they ask you in the interview and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have a chance!

Those books are not especially accurate. Besides, its not like you're supposed to know the answers to the questions they ask - they deliberately give you something you won't know then you work with their prompts and clues to figure out the answer.

Don't let that of all things put you off!
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Wow this thread went quiet, everyone into their studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol pretty much. I'll probably only pop up during some weekends and free periods in college, of which I have 2 of 25 hours.
Original post by asphyxiax
hiya everyone, im joining a little late to the party. right now im really kicking myself because im really unorganised when i get home, can someone share their work routine with me to get me a bit more inspired?? :tongue: im doing biology, chemistry, maths and art and my self discipline is awful :s-smilie:

Mines basically all the below reminding me and nagging me or I'll get bad grades. Not exactly a routine because I'm bad with routines but definitely a way to get your past-self to annoy or guilt you into doing it

What I do is have all my work next to my computer or whatever I'm doing so while I'm gaming/doing stuff I see it, I do let myself have some leisure time or I'd die. I also put my phone on top of it so when I grab my phone I'll be reminded. Oh and also a post-it note that simply says what'll happen if I don't do it, mine says "DDD? I thought you were going to prove yourself?" and then I feel real guilty and do it 99% of the time. Also phone alarms every 5-10 minutes reminding you if you go over your leisure time. They get annoying and also persuade you to do it.

I've also seen on the Internet study goals. Put a small sweet (Jelly beans, milk bottles etc) every few paragraphs and when you reach it you can eat it.
Reply 1039
I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Politics. I am really struggling to focus and not get distracted but I'm finding it so difficult to concentrate. I have plenty of work to get on with and I'm so motivated to do well but for some reason I'm struggling to concentrate. Anyone have any tips?

Latest