The Student Room Group

My boss keeps approaching me at work in a bad way and flirts with me all the time : |

So I am working in a competitive environment in London and that job pays very well for someone who has just graduated in a 'soft' subject from Oxbridge: 35k GBP plus average with commission.

However, for some time now my boss seems to be basically flirting with me, in various of ways. He's 32-36 years old. He knows I'm single. I am afraid he's goal is to sleep with me which I don't really want, and I also feel awkward around other co-workers. I do not want to quit my job, and of course there's no HR to report to. What do I do? How do I say no when he tries to seduce me? I was also thinking about pretending to be seeing someone now.
Just say you're a lesbian.
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
Just say you're a lesbian.

What, is this serious? Lol
Original post by HANNAHBENLOLO
What, is this serious? Lol

Saying, oo I've found someone isn't going to sway him, as I imagine he just thinks he's being playful. If you make it absolutely clear that you love minge and hate men then he'll back off.
Just casually drop "my boyfriend" into conversation when they are talking about football or stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he comes onto you, just punch him in the dick.
Report that b**** to someone higher up. :u:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Defo this
Reply 8
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

If he's the "boss" there's a good chance he is the most higher up.

sounds like you may have got that job not due to your academic credentials OP. Either fake seeing one new/quit/ or look for a new job
Yeah go to human resources. Chances are if he's coming on to you, he's done it before in the past. This is not acceptable professional behaviour. Else as proposed above, agree to go out for a drink with him. Then kick him in the balls and tell him to f!uck right off.

In no way should you have to put up with, tolerate, creepy behaviour from someone that has seniority over you. That's an abuse of power dynamics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just drop into the conversation, "I'm so looking forward to my best friend picking me up from work tonight and did I tell you that he's 6.4 and built like a **** brick house and he just hates men who come onto women, oh, and did I tell you that he beat the crap out of the last one?"
Failing that, kick him in the balls.
Might be worth starting a diary in case it ends up at an employment tribunal.

If he keeps asking you for dates make sure you're not saying you're 'busy tonight' or similar excuse - cos that'll make him think he should keep asking til you aren't busy.

If he's groping you up tbh I'd say go to the cops.
Original post by HANNAHBENLOLO
So I am working in a competitive environment in London and that job pays very well for someone who has just graduated in a 'soft' subject from Oxbridge: 35k GBP plus average with commission.

However, for some time now my boss seems to be basically flirting with me, in various of ways. He's 32-36 years old. He knows I'm single. I am afraid he's goal is to sleep with me which I don't really want, and I also feel awkward around other co-workers. I do not want to quit my job, and of course there's no HR to report to. What do I do? How do I say no when he tries to seduce me? I was also thinking about pretending to be seeing someone now.

There must be someone higher up than him you can report him to, if not at least you got to tell him you don't like it when he flirts with you, and at worst you may have to leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending