The Student Room Group

Has anybody ever studied with the Further Mathematics Support Programme?

Dear TSR Mathematicians

I'm considering using the FMSP to help me with my understanding of some further mathematics concepts because I can't study it via the normal route for a variety of reasons. They don't have a minimum academic requirement and charge £50 per FM module which would work out better for me as I only want to learn a few modules of FM. Has anybody used it before and if so would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance for your advice; I also give reputation :smile:
Anybody?
I haven't used FMSP but if you are ever stuck on any maths concepts, you can pop in my DMs
All I've used from the FMSP are their YouTube tutorials and some recordings of interactive livestreams (all free). I don't know what else they do but these resources were enough to help me learn some FM modules
Original post by AlexFam
I haven't used FMSP but if you are ever stuck on any maths concepts, you can pop in my DMs

Smooth :wink:
Original post by electrifeye
All I've used from the FMSP are their YouTube tutorials and some recordings of interactive livestreams (all free). I don't know what else they do but these resources were enough to help me learn some FM modules

Thank you electrifeye, which modules were you studying?
I was using the videos for edexcel D2 & S3 (as they weren't taught by my school). The D2 videos were great and taught me everything a teacher would have really, the S3 videos are a bit more patchy and only really good for light revision. If you dig around on the website a bit, you can also find archives of some revision livestreams they did a few years ago for basically every module. The software they use is old and buggy but if you get it working it's a decent bit of revision.

If you're good at maths and found the earlier modules alright, you could probably teach yourself the later stats and decision modules. The FP and mechanics modules are harder, so I would get a tutor of some sort for them
Smooth as an Italian liqueur :wink:
Original post by electrifeye
I was using the videos for edexcel D2 & S3 (as they weren't taught by my school). The D2 videos were great and taught me everything a teacher would have really, the S3 videos are a bit more patchy and only really good for light revision. If you dig around on the website a bit, you can also find archives of some revision livestreams they did a few years ago for basically every module. The software they use is old and buggy but if you get it working it's a decent bit of revision.

If you're good at maths and found the earlier modules alright, you could probably teach yourself the later stats and decision modules. The FP and mechanics modules are harder, so I would get a tutor of some sort for them

Thank you, your posts have been extremely helpful :smile:
Original post by AlexFam
Smooth as an Italian liqueur :wink:

We should totally meet up and go out for dinner sometime :wink:
Talking in person is my forté, especially after all of the awkward introductions throughout this week. I was literally given 3 minutes to meet and get to know 2 people in a busy hall. Terrible stuff. Plenty of mathematical concepts we could discuss too, like stretching and getting to know your curves :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest