The Student Room Group

(O42R)*Higher*Officer Caseworkers*(Tax*Professional and*Operational*Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by priya3
I've scored 4 and 5 and was still also rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's really unlucky. Looks like they want 6 and 7s. When 4s were normally enough.
Reply 21
Original post by QE5
just the first 2. What about you?

just the first competency making effective decisions (3).E-mail received.

Application outcome1506841 - (O42R) Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)Dear abcThank you for your interest in the role of Higher Officer Caseworker.We are sorry to inform you that your application has not been successful. Your competency statement/s did not meet the required standard for this campaign. We have received an exceptionally high quantity and quality of application for these posts and the required standards to be shortlisted for an interview were high. We know that this will be disappointing news and would like to wish you the best in your future job applications.Access your application centre to review your scores.

If you would like tips on writing competency statements see our guide.RegardsHMRC Resourcing Support Team
Reply 22
I scored 5 and 6 and have been invited for an interview. It seems 5 must be the pass mark for this exercise which im surprised about. Sorry to hear those of you who were not successful. The external tranche is still ooen so dont give up hope yet!.
For the How did u get your results question... my scores were under feedback and also recieved an email, seems there is a tech issue with booking the interviews though
Reply 23
Original post by Be Lucky
just the first competency making effective decisions (3).E-mail received.

Application outcome1506841 - (O42R) Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)Dear abcThank you for your interest in the role of Higher Officer Caseworker.We are sorry to inform you that your application has not been successful. Your competency statement/s did not meet the required standard for this campaign. We have received an exceptionally high quantity and quality of application for these posts and the required standards to be shortlisted for an interview were high. We know that this will be disappointing news and would like to wish you the best in your future job applications.Access your application centre to review your scores.

If you would like tips on writing competency statements see our guide.RegardsHMRC Resourcing Support Team

I got same email. The external campaign is run by manpower assessors. *They could assess differently. However for AOS and Os how can they be expected to score 6 and 7. It's very difficult. Unless a manager or a grade 7 writes them out for you. The whole process is flawed.*
Reply 24
Original post by Lualf
I scored 5 and 6 and have been invited for an interview. It seems 5 must be the pass mark for this exercise which im surprised about. Sorry to hear those of you who were not successful. The external tranche is still ooen so dont give up hope yet!.
For the How did u get your results question... my scores were under feedback and also recieved an email, seems there is a tech issue with booking the interviews though

Well done. Are you a band O or a HO?*
Reply 25
Original post by QE5
Well done. Are you a band O or a HO?*

Im a band O
Have any external people got their results yet?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
It's strange as the were 1000 vacancies everyone who scored 4 and above should have been progressed.For a higher cut off to be required either means the are over 3000 successful applicants at the sift stage or the number of vacancies required are much less than advertised.

I have this theory that departments prefer external candidates so a higher criteria is applied to internal applicants.
Original post by Be Lucky
It's strange as the were 1000 vacancies everyone who scored 4 and above should have been progressed.For a higher cut off to be required either means the are over 3000 successful applicants at the sift stage or the number of vacancies required are much less than advertised.

I have this theory that departments prefer external candidates so a higher criteria is applied to internal applicants.

I'm fairly sure there's been well in excess of 5000 apply. So a higher cut off point is probably needed. I think with the external campaign your test scores will be what counts as only the top scoring test scores are took through to the competency markings. *

So far I've not had much luck. Scored 1 in feb, 2 in June. So hoping for an improvement with the external one! We should hear back on the 10th October for that one.*
What do externals normally have to score in the tests to progress?
It was just the manpower ones I was referring too! No idea either they just the highest scoring ones through to the next stage
Reply 31
Original post by rebecca_:)
I'm fairly sure there's been well in excess of 5000 apply. So a higher cut off point is probably needed. I think with the external campaign your test scores will be what counts as only the top scoring test scores are took through to the competency markings. *

So far I've not had much luck. Scored 1 in feb, 2 in June. So hoping for an improvement with the external one! We should hear back on the 10th October for that one.*

I am sure you'll do well when the results come out as planned on the 10th October.

For me the hard part is applying ,putting yourself out there and now that i have,i am sure i'll keep pushing and learning
Has anybody applied via Manpower? I struggled with the tests, I'm not mathematically inept or anything but the length of time to get through the questions seemed so short! I'm gutted because I really did put some effort into my statement and thought I'd waltz the tests. WRONG!
Original post by Jjubb84
Has anybody applied via Manpower? I struggled with the tests, I'm not mathematically inept or anything but the length of time to get through the questions seemed so short! I'm gutted because I really did put some effort into my statement and thought I'd waltz the tests. WRONG!

I thought the time was short to, but we don't know what the pass rate will be.
What test scores are normally needed to progress to competency stage for externals?
had interview 2-3 weeks wait time for result!!!!!!
Slightly off topic. Im joining hmrc in London and wondered if there are any perks like discounted gym membership etc?
Original post by Filedundermisc
Slightly off topic. Im joining hmrc in London and wondered if there are any perks like discounted gym membership etc?

One of my colleagues told me there are discounts available on gym memberships which I was unaware of but I don't know the details.

They introduced something a few weeks ago called mylifestyle which is a bit like quidco for Hmrc staff. Discounts with loads of retailers, cheaper theatre, amusement park tickets etc

I also know for Leeds there's an agreement with Metro (local transport authority) to offer discounted season tickets for bus/rail. Not sure how much cheaper but seeing as you would save anyway buying an annual season ticket it becomes cheaper still with this deal. You can also get a season ticket loan from HMRC to pay for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pukahontas
One of my colleagues told me there are discounts available on gym memberships which I was unaware of but I don't know the details.

They introduced something a few weeks ago called mylifestyle which is a bit like quidco for Hmrc staff. Discounts with loads of retailers, cheaper theatre, amusement park tickets etc

I also know for Leeds there's an agreement with Metro (local transport authority) to offer discounted season tickets for bus/rail. Not sure how much cheaper but seeing as you would save anyway buying an annual season ticket it becomes cheaper still with this deal. You can also get a season ticket loan from HMRC to pay for it.

Ah they launched that in the DWP too. Nothing exciting on there lol

Ill wait til i join and see, thank you!
Reply 39
Original post by smashed71
had interview 2-3 weeks wait time for result!!!!!!

How do you think you did ?How long was the interview ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending