The Student Room Group

How do normal people make friends?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Don't lose hope! I had no friends at all from 11 to 21 basically. I'm 24 and I have many friends now. I keep meeting new people too...

Not sure what changed. I was extremely shy. I decided to not give a **** anymore and talk to people. Also, I had a pretty bad hygiene! Good luck
Original post by Conkerr
Don't lose hope! I had no friends at all from 11 to 21 basically. I'm 24 and I have many friends now. I keep meeting new people too...

Not sure what changed. I was extremely shy. I decided to not give a **** anymore and talk to people. Also, I had a pretty bad hygiene! Good luck

How did you suddenly boost your self - confidence and find friends? Im in Year 11 now and I have friends but we're not really close. I used to be in a group with them but they always made me feel inferior and that I depended on them so they could do whatever they wanted with me (basically they bullied me) Theyre tryna be all nice and friendly now probably cuz I got an A* in my Maths GCSE and they got B's and C's but they didnt really accept me for who I was and I would really like to find a nice friendship group. Ive started talking to people around me (theyre quite shocked cuz I was really quiet in Year 9 and 10) and participate in class. But I just dont know how to find one and if they'll be nice friendly people.
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
How did you suddenly boost your self - confidence and find friends? Im in Year 11 now and I have friends but we're not really close. I used to be in a group with them but they always made me feel inferior and that I depended on them so they could do whatever they wanted with me (basically they bullied me) Theyre tryna be all nice and friendly now probably cuz I got an A* in my Maths GCSE and they got B's and C's but they didnt really accept me for who I was and I would really like to find a nice friendship group. Ive started talking to people around me (theyre quite shocked cuz I was really quiet in Year 9 and 10) and participate in class. But I just dont know how to find one and if they'll be nice friendly people.

I was in that situation too when I was still at school. Honestly, forget those people. You know what they say, it's better to be alone than in bad company. Finding that one friend is the hardest thing to do.

I took a few minutes (more like a few hours or even a few weeks) to think about my life in general. And it just wasn't working... I'm not saying I'm not shy anymore because it's not as easy as that but... I definitely improved. Yeah, I was a nice guy, respectful and all but I couldn't get anywhere with people (no friends, no girlfriend at the time).

Can't really help you more. I was lucky. I had 1 friend at the time (that was about 3 years ago), I met his girlfriend's friend. Without that girl maybe I would still have no friends today. I met her brother and her sisters, her friends (and she had a lot), then I met the friends of those friends, etc. The irony is that it all started with her and I can't stand her anymore. I still see her family regularly, everyone but her. I'm glad I met her though. Good luck finding that one friend. I really hope you'll find him/her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending