The Student Room Group

Falling in love with girls on the street. Despair over missed opp

Hi.
I am a shy guy and my despair lies in that I fall in love instantly with cute girls that I see on the bus,street, mall and because i'm shy I don't have the courage to hit on them and I immediately feel a feeling of missed opportunity, like I have missed the love of my life.
Like I have missed my future wife.
It happens to me almost every day , that I see such a girl that I want to be with.
It brings me to despair and suicidal thoughts.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Henrysterca
Hi.
I am a shy guy and my despair lies in that I fall in love instantly with cute girls that I see on the bus,street, mall and because i'm shy I don't have the courage to hit on them and I immediately feel a feeling of missed opportunity, like I have missed the love of my life.
It happens to me almost every day , that I see such a girl that I want to be with.

"I don't know what to do, I will never be with you." *Jumps of cliff.*
God forbid you ever do get into a relationship, with a mentality like that you'll be incredibly prone to cheating.
For starters, you don't fall in love with them. You just feel very intense lust
What you're feeling isn't a love, it's a feeling that I can't remember the name of right now. It's not lust either; it's deeper than mere physical attraction but not as deep as actual love.

Someone give me a hint?
Hi.

what you are feeling is definitely not love. you cannot love someone just by seeing them. its just mere attraction not love.
don't commit suicide for just mere attraction
Hi.

If uopi are in despair and thinking suicidal thoughts every day, then you have a serious issue.

Go and see your GP with a view to seeing a therapist and getting a diagnosis.
Its clearly not love and a disproportionate reaction that needs addressing.

If you are under 18 then talk to Childline 0800 1111

You can also talk to the Samaritans 116 123 or
Papyrus National Confidential Helpline - HOPELineUK
If you are a young person at risk of suicide or are worried about a young person at risk of suicide: 0800 068 41 41

Theres also a guide for shyness and social anxiety here
http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/shynesssocialphobia.asp
Reply 7
Hi.

don't you think that's too exaggerated?
Don't allow yourself to get even mildly infatuated with someone you are never going to see again.

It is normal to regret missed opportunities, but put a leash on what you consider "opportunities". These are not proper opportunities.

When going about their business, people are rarely open to anything other than phatic ("hello, nice weather isn't it") or basic transactional ("can you move down inside the carriage please") interaction with strangers. That's a fact. In London, people even hate phatic talk.

However - get a hobby that allows you to meet women, behave appropriately, and you'll be onto something.
Original post by Drunk Punx
What you're feeling isn't a love, it's a feeling that I can't remember the name of right now. It's not lust either; it's deeper than mere physical attraction but not as deep as actual love.

Someone give me a hint?

Rhymes with infatuation.

Someone give me a hint?

Limerence.

Someone give me a hint?

Infatuation?
Original post by Orbital Rising
Limerence.

Or that, yeah.
Oh god. To have such a strong reaction to a passing stranger day after day is not rational. I can only imagine how intensely desperate your face must look as you gawp at the poor girls.

I don't want to be harsh, but you need to grow up a bit and get a grip.
Hi.

1) You've clearly never really been in love

2) Your overreacting and should potentially see a health professional
Hi.

2/10 troll
Original post by Twinpeaks
Oh god. To have such a strong reaction to a passing stranger day after day is not rational. I can only imagine how intensely desperate your face must look as you gawp at the poor girls.

I don't want to be harsh, but you need to grow up a bit and get a grip.

:laugh: :laugh:
your dick is falling in love not you
M8 u r a prize bell-end.
Reply 19
Original post by WoodyMKC
M8 u r a prize bell-end.

What's a prize bell - end?.

Quick Reply

Latest