The Student Room Group

Just dropped Maths for Biology, good decision?

After struggling to compete the maths homework since the start, I figured if I spent more time I would fall behind in my Computer Science.

Considering it's just a few months till the exam, and I'm stuggling now. I figured dropping would be a good choice.

I'm now doing Biology A Level, Computer Science, Business B-TEC.

Sorry if I come across as annoying. But anything would be appricated.
Why would that be annoying?

I think that dropping maths whilst continuing computer science is not the best choice. After all, computing is just applied mathematics, and they do rather go together like fish and chips. I would have tried to get extra help with the maths rather than drop it, but only you know just how difficult you were finding it.
Original post by SubZeroFish
After struggling to compete the maths homework since the start, I figured if I spent more time I would fall behind in my Computer Science.

Considering it's just a few months till the exam, and I'm stuggling now. I figured dropping would be a good choice.

I'm now doing Biology A Level, Computer Science, Business B-TEC.

Sorry if I come across as annoying. But anything would be appricated.

Mathematics does go well with Computer Science. If you prefer Biology over Maths, then that's ok. There's no point of doing something that you don't like.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Why would that be annoying?

I think that dropping maths whilst continuing computer science is not the best choice. After all, computing is just applied mathematics, and they do rather go together like fish and chips. I would have tried to get extra help with the maths rather than drop it, but only you know just how difficult you were finding it.

I spent hours in my breaks doing my maths, and my computing homework was of a poor standard.

I could've done it probably, but my computing grade would be the price. As it's only going to get harder.
Reply 4
Original post by Oxidation
Mathematics does go well with Computer Science. If you prefer Biology over Maths, then that's ok. There's no point of doing something that you don't like.

I like maths, but because was so far behind the lessons were not enjoyable.

If it's because it's too hard for you to do well and you're not enjoying the subject anymore, by all means drop it. If you still like it but you're far behind and don't like the lessons themselves, then teach yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Moonstruck16
If it's because it's too hard for you to do well and you're not enjoying the subject anymore, by all means drop it. If you still like it but you're far behind and don't like the lessons themselves, then teach yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now that I think about it, I was never enjoying the lessons because I couldn't cope with the workload.

I feel like I made the right decision now, thank you, and thanks to everyone else!

Ohh, if you like Biology even more then that's better! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest