The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Wingy
Hi everyone, Congrats to all those that got in.Got my fingers crossed for those who are still waiting. I'm starting Kings in Jan 2017. Does anyone have Whatsapp? Maybe I can create a group and we can all communicate on there prior to the induction day on 12th October, and get to know each other?

hey, I got into kings for jan 2017, i think whatsapp group would be good :smile:
Reply 101
i have just come back from holiday and sending papers to kings. have everyone been contacted for references yet or does kings contact them after the papers have been received?
Original post by Wingy
Hi everyone, Congrats to all those that got in.Got my fingers crossed for those who are still waiting. I'm starting Kings in Jan 2017. Does anyone have Whatsapp? Maybe I can create a group and we can all communicate on there prior to the induction day on 12th October, and get to know each other?

Heyy that would be a great idea!! I have whatsapp :smile: and congrats to everyone too xxx
Reply 103
who would like to set it up? i can do it unless someone else started already. you can pm me phone numbers.

also i am just doing the paperwork. could someone tell me what should i put in section 2 part b? ward, department, directorate, kings/kcl, we are not employed by kings right? if not who is the employer.
thank you
Reply 104
Original post by alka102
who would like to set it up? i can do it unless someone else started already. you can pm me phone numbers.

also i am just doing the paperwork. could someone tell me what should i put in section 2 part b? ward, department, directorate, kings/kcl, we are not employed by kings right? if not who is the employer.
thank you

Hi I just asked one of the girls to PM me her number, so probably easier if I set up. The deadline was today for acceptance. Did you get it in on time? :eek:
Reply 105
Original post by Wingy
Hi I just asked one of the girls to PM me her number, so probably easier if I set up. The deadline was today for acceptance. Did you get it in on time? :eek:

yes i spoke to them and explained the situation and i sent them an email on friday saying i am accepting the place i will be able to attend the induction day and that i will send paperwork today next day delivery.
Original post by Wingy

Hey, that's a good idea! Have you started group yet?
Reply 107
Original post by maggiemay89
Hey, that's a good idea! Have you started group yet?

pm Wingy she will add you
Reply 108
has anyone tried applying for maintenance loan through student finance for kings DHT? or is it not possible I thought it was possible but i cant find the uni/college name details correct to type in the field in the form. :/
Hi everyone,
I'm just about to send off my UCAS application, I had planned my choices as Southend, Queen Mary, Eastman/UCL and Kings but I'm struggling to find Eastman on the UCAS application choices section! Did anyone else have this issue? Also I take it Kings applications don't go through UCAS as they are different term times to the other unis?
Reply 110
Original post by emadental
Hi everyone,
I'm just about to send off my UCAS application, I had planned my choices as Southend, Queen Mary, Eastman/UCL and Kings but I'm struggling to find Eastman on the UCAS application choices section! Did anyone else have this issue? Also I take it Kings applications don't go through UCAS as they are different term times to the other unis?

eastman has seperate application process. go on the website for eastman dental hygiene/therapy. and there will be info there.
kings has seperate application as well.
Reply 111
Hi all, applied to Portsmouth for 2017 but didn't make the grade as only GCSE's and one A level (maths) and 130 OU points (which aren't worth anything). Qualified registered Dental nurse 5.5 years.

Long shot but anyone applying for Dental Development at Ports? I have my MMI in a couple of weeks. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Im looking to apply for 2017 entry - newly qualified dental nurse with 2 years experience, no A levels but 12 GCSE's (6 A's, 5 B's and a C) and an NVQ level 3 in business also. Looking to apply to Essex, Liverpool and QMUL - struggling with the personal statement to help me stand out as no A levels!! Help anyone?
Reply 113
Original post by SohaXO
Hiii, im taking a gap year and looking to apply for DHT.

Wheres everyone applying?

Hi, are you applying for dental hygiene and therapy 2017 entry? :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by Joe2017
Hi, are you applying for dental hygiene and therapy 2017 entry? :smile:

Yes I am!! Are you?
Reply 115
Original post by SohaXO
Yes I am!! Are you?

Yeah!! :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by Joe2017
Yeah!! :smile:

I'm actually taking a gap year! Where are you applying this year?
Reply 117
Original post by SohaXO
I'm actually taking a gap year! Where are you applying this year?

I will apply to Portsmouth, Plymouth, QMUL, Teeside and maybe Sheffield? Where are you applying? :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by Joe2017
I will apply to Portsmouth, Plymouth, QMUL, Teeside and maybe Sheffield? Where are you applying? :smile:
are you looking to do the diploma? And I'm doing the BSc! So I'm applying to Portsmouth, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds and Birmingham! Hopefully I get interviews!! :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by SohaXO
are you looking to do the diploma? And I'm doing the BSc! So I'm applying to Portsmouth, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds and Birmingham! Hopefully I get interviews!! :smile:

Yeah I want to do the BSc, so plymouth, portsmouth, Teeside. I would apply to Birmingham, but I'm doing BTEC Science, and they dont accept BTEC :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest