The Student Room Group

Economics degree how likely will I get an offer?

I am thinking about applying to Bristol, Bath, Durham, St Andrews and Nottingham

I got a* (maths) a( bio) a (chem) as A-level prediction.
For GCSE I got 3a*(one in maths) 6a ( including english ) and 3b ( in geo, bio and french) how likely am I to get into those unis?

I think my p.s is okay, but not amazing tho as I could only show my interest in the course;I have never studied economics before.

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah you'll probably get offers
Original post by coconut64
I am thinking about applying to Bristol, Bath, Durham, St Andrews and Nottingham

For GCSE I got 3a*(one in maths) 6a ( including english ) and 3b ( in geo, bio and french) how likely am I to get into those unis?

I think my p.s is okay, but not amazing tho as I could only show my interest in the course;I have never studied economics before.

Thanks

Not that it's mandatory, but was there any reason you didn't do economics at A level? Did your school/college not offer it?
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Not that it's mandatory, but was there any reason you didn't do economics at A level? Did your school/college not offer it?

I wanted to do dentistry at the beginning, so I didn't really look into economics but now I have changed my mind. I think it is quite interesting as I like the mathsy side of the course as well. How likely do you think I will get an offer from the unis? I don't know if they care more about the grades or the p.s...

Thanks
I wanted to do dentistry at the beginning, so I didn't really look into economics but now I have changed my mind. I think it is quite interesting as I like the mathsy side of the course as well. How likely do you think I will get an offer from the unis? I don't know if they care more about the grades or the p.s...

Thanks

The grades you've quoted are reasonable for the Russell group universities you've cited - not stellar, but not crap either. I think you'll need to make a strong PS showing your interest in economics, but I don't see anything that would automatically rule you out of the running for a place.

Thanks
with a good ps u shud get notts bristol bath offers for sure
What were ur as
Reply 6
Original post by youreanutter
with a good ps u shud get notts bristol bath offers for sure
What were ur as

Due to the new a-level reform, I only did as maths in the first year and got an A. But with my two other courses, I do all the exams at the end of A2. What makes a good ps as I can only show my interest in it... Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending