The Student Room Group

Applying to Barts with no Tariff points *urgent*

Hey everyone. I recently discovered that CIE A levels don't attract any UCAS Tariff points. Does anyone know how Barts and the London assesses international applicants for Medicine that are going to give their A levels under CIE and have 0 Tariff points as a result?
I tried emailing them but got an automated reply saying I'll probably not get an answer as they're too busy now XD
Thanks in advance!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lidzi_
Hey everyone. I recently discovered that CIE A levels don't attract any UCAS Tariff points. Does anyone know how Barts and the London assesses international applicants for Medicine that are going to sit for A levels under CIE and have 0 Tariff points as a result?
I tried emailing them but got an automated reply saying I'll probably not get an answer as they're too busy now XD
Thanks in advance!

They don't use tariff points anyway. Just use your A-level predictions as normal.

(And CIE A-levels do have UCAS tariff points, same as UK exam boards...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
They don't use tariff points anyway. Just use your A-level predictions as normal.

(And CIE A-levels do have UCAS tariff points, same as UK exam boards...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Capture.PNG
Their website and this document states that they use Tariff points and UKCAT in a 50/50 weighting. Also, I tweeted UCAS Online today asking about CIE not being listed as an awarding body in the Tariff tables and they replied saying that it's because CIE qualifications don't attract any points :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by lidzi_
Capture.PNG
Their website and this document states that they use Tariff points and UKCAT in a 50/50 weighting. Also, I tweeted UCAS Online today asking about CIE not being listed as an awarding body in the Tariff tables and they replied saying that it's because CIE qualifications don't attract any points :s-smilie:

http://www.cie.org.uk/images/142010-cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-and-cambridge-pre-u-equivalent-grades.pdf
Reply 4

I came across this too so that's confusing.
I just asked them again with a screenshot of the document so let's see what they say. Thanks for the help!
Reply 5
Original post by lidzi_
I came across this too so that's confusing.
I just asked them again with a screenshot of the document so let's see what they say. Thanks for the help!

Also page 47
https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/2015-uk-qualifications.pdf

(Honestly, many thousands of pupils do A-levels via CIE - it's definitely accepted...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending