The Student Room Group

Should world governments continue to fund space exploration? -Research help

Hey all,

Im currently doing my Pre-U 5,000 word essay on the question :"Should world governments continue to fund space exploration?" but I am struggling to find academic works on this topic. SO im looking for any links to arguments on this question mainly negatives by experts and maybe some positives from experts. Im also looking for any argument made by an economist that would be great. Also I must have the author listed on there somewhere!

Note: Im not being lazy just ive looked for hours but most of its trash with either no author or just bullet points.

-Thanks
Original post by Ellio98
Hey all,

Im currently doing my Pre-U 5,000 word essay on the question :"Should world governments continue to fund space exploration?" but I am struggling to find academic works on this topic. SO im looking for any links to arguments on this question mainly negatives by experts and maybe some positives from experts. Im also looking for any argument made by an economist that would be great. Also I must have the author listed on there somewhere!

Note: Im not being lazy just ive looked for hours but most of its trash with either no author or just bullet points.

-Thanks

Use Google Scholar.
If you're at uni, the likelihood is you can use openAthens/Shibboleth to search 1000's of journals to find what you're looking for.
hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
Reply 2
Original post by Ellio98
Hey all,

-Thanks

Don't normally enter these sections but love space and your thread popped up at the side.

Points to consider would be..

- Rapid economic growth in space sector, global market to be ~£400bn by 2030
- Innovations accrued from NASA research (an argument for intervention)
- Societal/Cultural gains (could reference Kepler, the future TESS telescope)
- Efficiency savings and innovative products and ideas being offered by private sector or planned to at least (space tourism, space mining ect..), can reference Elon Musk, Boeing's efforts , Planetary resources ltd.. ect.. - This can be an argument for limited state intervention
Reply 3
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Use Google Scholar.
If you're at uni, the likelihood is you can use openAthens/Shibboleth to search 1000's of journals to find what you're looking for.
hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire

Thanks i shall do that now then!

Original post by Rakas21
Don't normally enter these sections but love space and your thread popped up at the side.

Points to consider would be..

- Rapid economic growth in space sector, global market to be ~£400bn by 2030
- Innovations accrued from NASA research (an argument for intervention)
- Societal/Cultural gains (could reference Kepler, the future TESS telescope)
- Efficiency savings and innovative products and ideas being offered by private sector or planned to at least (space tourism, space mining ect..), can reference Elon Musk, Boeing's efforts , Planetary resources ltd.. ect.. - This can be an argument for limited state intervention

Thanks for the ideas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending