The Student Room Group

Pokémon Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athena64
It's pun on on Clydesdale, a type of horse, and mud I guess.

I haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game before, I've been thinking about picking Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS though. Is it any good?

I haven't played the 3DS version, I've only played the ones on the original DS but I would highly recommend picking it up if you're into rpg/roguelike games that consist of great music, storyline and touching moments .
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
I haven't played the 3DS version, I've only played the ones on the original DS but I would highly recommend picking it up if you're into rpg/roguelike games that consist of great music, storyline and touching moments .

Yeah Mudsdale is a Clydesdale horse but is ground type I believe
whats up with the new animation for the cartoon? it's so amazing right now the graphics are incredible, but now theyre literally taking a step backwards???
[video="youtube;RQ4I_0DP4fc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4I_0DP4fc[/video]

New trailer showing off some Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokemon.
I'm really loving Silvally and Kommo-o so far - really interested to see their stats too.

If you have a 3DS, you can download a special demo, which allows you to get a free Ash-Greninja and play a bit of the game before release. I highly suggest downloading it, it's very fun so far!
[video]https://youtu.be/5uWAMwcRGmU[/video]

Ah, the final evos and the League! I'm excited for Red and Blue being back.

Ah, the final evos and the League! I'm excited for Red and Blue being back.
Really hyped about Cynthia, Red and Blue returning :biggrin:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5SpyXCTyz4

This is amazing, even better than in the games when put into animation!

The Eterna Forest one was pretty creepy as well, no wonder Cheryl wanted the player to travel through the forest with them after experiencing that lol
Original post by JRKinder
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5SpyXCTyz4

This is amazing, even better than in the games when put into animation!

The Eterna Forest one was pretty creepy as well, no wonder Cheryl wanted the player to travel through the forest with them after experiencing that lol

Ah, yes! I loved the animation for the Rayquaza Vs. Deoxys fight, so graceful and action-packed. I haven't kept up with the anime, but from whaT i've seen I wish it was as good as the Pokemon Generations shorts.

Also, I love your new avatar, @JRKinder
Ah, yes! I loved the animation for the Rayquaza Vs. Deoxys fight, so graceful and action-packed. I haven't kept up with the anime, but from whaT i've seen I wish it was as good as the Pokemon Generations shorts.

Also, I love your new avatar, @JRKinder
I don't watch the main anime either, if anything for lack of access to it. But this is far better because they've made it more mature, so all of the evil aspects that they subtley put into the games (that younger kids perhaps don't notice) are being visualised. As well as this, in the Kyogre episode, you get to see the raw power of legendaries that the games just struggle to provide.

And thanks, I really love Solgaleo's design :biggrin:
I don't watch the main anime either, if anything for lack of access to it. But this is far better because they've made it more mature, so all of the evil aspects that they subtley put into the games (that younger kids perhaps don't notice) are being visualised. As well as this, in the Kyogre episode, you get to see the raw power of legendaries that the games just struggle to provide.

And thanks, I really love Solgaleo's design :biggrin:

I don't think it's in freeview for the UK, so I can't watch it as it comes out. Plus, it's hard for me to figure out where to watch in the UK since when I look it up it always says US dates and channels. >.<

Ah, yes, that's true. Also, showing the sides to the story from a different perspective than the trainer you would play as is really neat.
Which episode has been your fave so far?
I don't think it's in freeview for the UK, so I can't watch it as it comes out. Plus, it's hard for me to figure out where to watch in the UK since when I look it up it always says US dates and channels. >.<

Ah, yes, that's true. Also, showing the sides to the story from a different perspective than the trainer you would play as is really neat.
Which episode has been your fave so far?
Yeah it's the same with me. A lot of the episodes are available on YouTube but they get periodically purged so it's not the most reliable way to watch them, unfortunately.

Yes I love how it focuses on other characters! To be honest I'm struggling to come up with a favourite, overall perhaps the Deoxys or Kyogre episode. But I also liked parts of others, like Looker investigating Giovanni at the Viridian Gym, like seeing Lance investigate the Rocket Hideout, and the whole Blue episode at the Pokemon League was good, but I wished they actually showed some battles. I think they portrayed Courtney quite well too in the Team Magma episode: really crazy! What about you?
Yeah it's the same with me. A lot of the episodes are available on YouTube but they get periodically purged so it's not the most reliable way to watch them, unfortunately.

Yes I love how it focuses on other characters! To be honest I'm struggling to come up with a favourite, overall perhaps the Deoxys or Kyogre episode. But I also liked parts of others, like Looker investigating Giovanni at the Viridian Gym, like seeing Lance investigate the Rocket Hideout, and the whole Blue episode at the Pokemon League was good, but I wished they actually showed some battles. I think they portrayed Courtney quite well too in the Team Magma episode: really crazy! What about you?

Yeah. I have Netflix and the XY series and the original series is on it, but not any of the others. Have you seen the pictures of the new Sun & Moon anime? What do you think of the new style?

I liked the first one, showing Pikachu journeying across the lands and it got me interested in the next episodes. But all of them are pretty good to be honest. The Rayquaza one is pretty high quality as well.
Yeah. I have Netflix and the XY series and the original series is on it, but not any of the others. Have you seen the pictures of the new Sun & Moon anime? What do you think of the new style?

I liked the first one, showing Pikachu journeying across the lands and it got me interested in the next episodes. But all of them are pretty good to be honest. The Rayquaza one is pretty high quality as well.
The one I've watched the most of is DP, from BW onwards I just struggled to access it. And yes I have, I don't like it as much. It just looks to be of lower quality than before, which is strange given that Pokemon is relatively popular at the minute (if anything you'd had thought its funding would have increased, so better quality?)

Haha yes, I like how they dropped the hint about Red being in Sun & Moon at the end of that by making him face off against Zygarde! If I had to put it to one episode though, then I think I have to go with Rayquaza vs Deoxys as my favourite. The battle in space was just fantastic.
The one I've watched the most of is DP, from BW onwards I just struggled to access it. And yes I have, I don't like it as much. It just looks to be of lower quality than before, which is strange given that Pokemon is relatively popular at the minute (if anything you'd had thought its funding would have increased, so better quality?)

Haha yes, I like how they dropped the hint about Red being in Sun & Moon at the end of that by making him face off against Zygarde! If I had to put it to one episode though, then I think I have to go with Rayquaza vs Deoxys as my favourite. The battle in space was just fantastic.

Yeah. Maybe it's not a lower budget but trying to be a different art style that is more quirky and 'kiddie'? I don't know.

Same. I wish in-game battles looked like that, when you see the moves being performed and stuff, but I understand the limit of the 3DS.
Yeah. Maybe it's not a lower budget but trying to be a different art style that is more quirky and 'kiddie'? I don't know.

Same. I wish in-game battles looked like that, when you see the moves being performed and stuff, but I understand the limit of the 3DS.
Perhaps, but with the publication of Generations and things like Alola forms for Kanto Pokemon it really seems like they're trying to draw the older audience back in, unless they're just trying to prime the anime only up for kids while they focus other things onto teens/adults?

Omg it would be fantastic if the games were like that but the 3DS could never handle it. Maybe with the NX (or Switch, it I prefer NX lol) they'll be able to improve the battles a bit. Pokken did a good job with that, although I don't own a Wii U so I can't play it unfortunately.
(edited 7 years ago)
Perhaps, but with the publication of Generations and things like Alola forms for Kanto Pokemon it really seems like they're trying to draw the older audience back in, unless they're just trying to prime the anime only up for kids while they focus other things onto teens/adults?

Omg it would be fantastic if the games were like that but the 3DS could never handle it. Maybe with the NX (or Switch, it I prefer NX lol) they'll be able to improve the battles a bit. Pokenn did a good job with that, although I don't own a Wii U so I can't play it unfortunately.

I'm not sure. But the anime has always seemed like it's been targeted for a younger audience than the games, but with the XY special episodes it looked like it was going to be more exciting and assessable to all? I'm not sure how the Sun and Moon anime will go though.

I have a Wii U but I didn't get Pokken, it seemed to be too complicated for me. I'm not even that good at Smash and it looks even more complicated than that. >.<
I'm not sure. But the anime has always seemed like it's been targeted for a younger audience than the games, but with the XY special episodes it looked like it was going to be more exciting and assessable to all? I'm not sure how the Sun and Moon anime will go though.

I have a Wii U but I didn't get Pokken, it seemed to be too complicated for me. I'm not even that good at Smash and it looks even more complicated than that. >.<
Hmm, perhaps. I guess we'll have to see. I was disappointed with XY for the sole reason that they tricked us into finally thinking Ash may win the league, only to lose in the final! It would have been a perfect way for him to travel to Alola and help to build a league there, especially since he finally had a decent team for once. Ah well, at least the battle with Lysandre was pretty good. I still maintain that Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League is probably the best anime battle ever, though.

I used to be decent at Smash (and I say 'decent' as in good for a casual player, not good compared to people on YouTube lol) but I only have the 3DS version and don't play it much anymore. Pokken is the game I've always wanted tbh because it's similar to anime battling as opposed to the main series, especially with the character roster, but I'm not buying a Wii U solely for one game aha
Hmm, perhaps. I guess we'll have to see. I was disappointed with XY for the sole reason that they tricked us into finally thinking Ash may win the league, only to lose in the final! It would have been a perfect way for him to travel to Alola and help to build a league there, especially since he finally had a decent team for once. Ah well, at least the battle with Lysandre was pretty good. I still maintain that Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League is probably the best anime battle ever, though.

I used to be decent at Smash (and I say 'decent' as in good for a casual player, not good compared to people on YouTube lol) but I only have the 3DS version and don't play it much anymore. Pokken is the game I've always wanted tbh because it's similar to anime battling as opposed to the main series, especially with the character roster, but I'm not buying a Wii U solely for one game aha

Ah, yeah, I heard about that ending. It was pretty hype, and people were actually excited about the anime for once! I know the journey is more important than the destination, but it is very annoying at this point. I don't really care much for Ash anymore because of it, I hope they reboot his character as they have done with the art style for it.

Who were your mains in Smash?

Yes, and especially since the Wii U is dead because of the Nintendo Switch. Personally, I loved the Wii U, but that's probably because I love pretty much all of the Nintendo IPs, and I'm okay with gimmicks. :P

Maybe they'll put Pokken on the Switch? They're doing an adaption of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon on it, so maybe other Wii U games will get the same treatment?

Quick Reply

Latest