The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Appt with the CPN went well :woo: she was really nice and very down to Earth and talks slang, so I felt right at home :laugh: :colondollar: she also likes Stargate and Star Trek and talking about those shows helped me loosen up a bit :smile:

I've to see her fortnightly to begin with as she is too fully booked atm to see me weekly and we are starting with some basic anxiety management but a little more intensive than what I got taught in CBT and we will do that for a few months and she is working me up to get ready to more intensive therapy - trauma therapy and I forget the other one :colondollar:

All in all, it went well and I felt more comfortable around her than other MH professionals I've seen lately so here's hoping I'm finally on the right road now :yep:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Appt with the CPN went well :woo: she was really nice and very down to Earth and talks slang, so I felt right at home :laugh: :colondollar: she also likes Stargate and Star Trek and talking about those shows helped me loosen up a bit :smile:

I've to see her fortnightly to begin with as she is too fully booked atm to see me weekly and we are starting with some basic anxiety management but a little more intensive than what I got taught in CBT and we will do that for a few months and she is working me up to get ready to more intensive therapy - trauma therapy and I forget the other one :colondollar:

All in all, it went well and I felt more comfortable around her than other MH professionals I've seen lately so here's hoping I'm finally on the right road now :yep:

Amazing! :woo: Yeah I love my CPN because I can sit and talk about Harry Potter, Doctor Who and GoT with him when I feel too *****y to get into the deep stuff. :colondollar:
Original post by Airmed
Amazing! :woo: Yeah I love my CPN because I can sit and talk about Harry Potter, Doctor Who and GoT with him when I feel too *****y to get into the deep stuff. :colondollar:

Aww nice one :h:

The only one bad thing about my CPN is she is a dog person, not a cat person :unimpressed: :tongue:

You watching the new series of Still Game tonight? Can't imagine you haven't seen the old episodes since you've been living in Scotland :tongue:

Such great news!

How is it going with PIP?*
Original post by Noodlzzz
Such great news!

How is it going with PIP?*

:h:

Not heard a peep back from the mandatory reconsideration yet. Dunno if that is good or bad news tbh. Its around a month since I sent all my evidence off. Will keep you posted :smile:
Aww nice one :h:

The only one bad thing about my CPN is she is a dog person, not a cat person :unimpressed: :tongue:

You watching the new series of Still Game tonight? Can't imagine you haven't seen the old episodes since you've been living in Scotland :tongue:

Goddamn dog people. :angry: :tongue:

No, I have so much stuff to catch up on! :cry2:
:h:

Not heard a peep back from the mandatory reconsideration yet. Dunno if that is good or bad news tbh. Its around a month since I sent all my evidence off. Will keep you posted :smile:

Called them up today about my reconsideration (first phase so informal) and they say it can take up to 8 weeks.
x

Random question for you, don't have to answer. But do you think cats know when you're not 100% One of mine is really clingy to me at the moment and spent last night curled up with me in my bed.

Glad things went well today! Dog people :hmm:

--

Feeling better today. Going back to work tomorrow. Still don't feel 100% and worried that's me forcing myself back this quick is going to set me back. Tempted to set myself up a appointment with the doctors just to see if anything can be done about the constantly tired low mood and constant pain that I'm in at the moment. :hide:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Random question for you, don't have to answer. But do you think cats know when you're not 100% One of mine is really clingy to me at the moment and spent last night curled up with me in my bed.

Glad things went well today! Dog people :hmm:

--

Yeah I really do believe pets can tell when you aren't feeling your best, even when you aren't doing anything noticeable like crying. 2 of my cats in particular wont leave me alone when I have a panic attack and if I am constantly checking something on my body during a compulsion, they will lie on me to stop me from doing it and then I just lie there and breathe in their scent and that calms me down :h: Its amazing how animals can tell there's something up with you and know how to calm you down yet a lot of the time humans can't bloody tell or they have to be prompted on how to help you :/
Original post by Noodlzzz
Meeting new female CPN on Wednesday from CMHT, wish me luck!

It wont let me rep you. :sad: But best of luck! :smile: Really hoping she's nice and that it goes well. :hugs:

Wont let me rep you either. :sad: But really really pleased it was good. :hugs:
Yeah I really do believe pets can tell when you aren't feeling your best, even when you aren't doing anything noticeable like crying. 2 of my cats in particular wont leave me alone when I have a panic attack and if I am constantly checking something on my body during a compulsion, they will lie on me to stop me from doing it and then I just lie there and breathe in their scent and that calms me down :h: Its amazing how animals can tell there's something up with you and know how to calm you down yet a lot of the time humans can't bloody tell or they have to be prompted on how to help you :/

Just to add on what I said before. I've booked the appointment. Finally have plucked up enough courage to attempt to get this stupid anxiety and other things sorted once and for all. Just hope my work won't get all pissy at me for booking it right before my shift. (Appointments at 9:40 and I'm supposed to start work at 10:30. I have to leave my town at 10 at the latest to get there on time. However my doctors always run at least 1/2 hour late.)

Can't rep on app :frown: Sounds v positive though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Just to add on what I said before. I've booked the appointment. Finally have plucked up enough courage to attempt to get this stupid anxiety and other things sorted once and for all. Just hope my work won't get all pissy at me for booking it right before my shift. (Appointments at 9:40 and I'm supposed to start work at 10:30. I have to leave my town at 10 at the latest to get there on time. However my doctors always run at least 1/2 hour late.)

Glad you are taking the plunge and deciding to address the issues by seeking professional help - go you :yep:
It's been made official: I spend too much time on here. Have passed the 50,000 posts mark :headfire: :awesome: :king1: :banana: :yeah:

Spoiler

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It's been made official: I spend too much time on here. Have passed the 50,000 posts mark :headfire: :awesome: :king1: :banana: :yeah:

Spoiler

Congratulations!
Original post by Tiger Rag
Congratulations!

Thank you. I think I ought to be in the Queen's Bday Honours List, for services to education :smartass:

:teehee:

:ninja:

Spoiler

Aww yay! I think I'm very far off... :giggle:

Thank you for your lovely comment earlier btw. It won't let me rep you! :hide:
Aww yay! I think I'm very far off... :giggle:

Thank you for your lovely comment earlier btw. It won't let me rep you! :hide:

I'm a lot older than you, remember! :tongue: I turn 28 in just over 2 weeks!!! :shakecane:

No worries :h:
I'm a lot older than you, remember! :tongue: I turn 28 in just over 2 weeks!!! :shakecane:

No worries :h:

28????? :eek:
omg that is amazing :eek:

Latest