The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
If José bottles top 4 would United fans want him out? Surely the board would have to give him the boot if they got rid of Moyes and Van Gaal for the same thing.

With the resources he's had at his disposal, not being able to even get top 4 after a full season in charge would surely be the end for him.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
If José bottles top 4 would United fans want him out? Surely the board would have to give him the boot if they got rid of Moyes and Van Gaal for the same thing.

Obviously he's gone if we don't get top four, unless we win Europa
I think the higher-ups would give him a 2nd season - that's usually his best and I think you're going to struggle for manager choices next season..
If there are signs of improvement then maybe he'll get an another season.

LVG and Moyes seemed to be getting worse as time went on.
United already look far better under José than under Moyes or LVG, for Joses first season with the most competitive challengers for top 4 (7 easy contenders for that) they'll give him at least three years, regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3865
Maybe because José Mourinho has added another 100+ million to a squad that is now clearly stacked.
Deserves to stay regardless if he gets rid of Rooney tbh
Original post by Rk2k14
If there are signs of improvement then maybe he'll get an another season.

LVG and Moyes seemed to be getting worse as time went on.

This really.

If Jose fails to get top 4, it shows our problems lie beyond who the manager is.

Original post by Dirtybit
Deserves to stay regardless if he gets rid of Rooney tbh

Here's me thinking Fellaini wouldn't get time under him and he's started most games smh
Original post by zKlown
This really.

If Jose fails to get top 4, it shows our problems lie beyond who the manager is.

Why? Why wouldn't it prove that Jose is no longer a great manager?
Who would United go for if Mourinho gets sacked? Simeone?
Original post by Rk2k14
Who's really laughing now though? United got took to the cleaners by Juve.

Original post by zKlown

Yes and no. Need a manager with balls of steel, someone who can get rid of deadwood like Rooney,Fellaini, Memphis, Jones, Rojo, Young, Carrick,Smalling. So far it seems Mourinho is realising we play better without the likes of Rooney but i'm still skeptical because he still persists with him and in a real world of football Rooney shouldn't even make the bench with the players we have.

Then bring in fresh decent players and a new style of attacking football to this club. It's needed.
Good luck to Mourinho though! He has a big job on his hands and if he ****s this up he's gone.
When Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and City are fighting for the title but then we turn up at Juanfield and win 4-0

The big red machine!
🙄🙄🙄
Original post by Kenan and Kel
The big red machine!

He was the Big Red Monster in those days IIRC. Shane O Mac's testicles took a hit but Tombstone to Linda Mac..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
Yes and no. Need a manager with balls of steel, someone who can get rid of deadwood like Rooney,Fellaini, Memphis, Jones, Rojo, Young, Carrick,Smalling. So far it seems Mourinho is realising we play better without the likes of Rooney but i'm still skeptical because he still persists with him and in a real world of football Rooney shouldn't even make the bench with the players we have.

Then bring in fresh decent players and a new style of attacking football to this club. It's needed.

wat