The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
News from Warwick,

I've sent an e-mail to Warwick admission office and asked when are we going to receive acknowledgments and offers. They said that they're currently dealing with technical issues so they're intending to send to all applicants acknowledgments (next week) and some offers.
Original post by jamestg
Dear teachers,

Please could you reply to my emails they day I send them? I gave 2 weeks leeway to sort out school stuff like references and predictions, it has taken a week to even get someone to write me a reference and I haven't been assured my predictions are on the system. Now I have one week and I'm freaking out.

Would really appreciate your reply as currently I'm on track to miss the early entry deadline at the speed you're taking.

love j xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jfc my chem/bio teacher keeps saying "oh damn haha sorry I forgot haha lol" when I remind her about doing my reference like NAAAH FAM THIS AINT NO LAUGHING SCENARIO THIS IS MY FUTURE YA PIGEON
just got an offer for Economics at Bristol! sent me application off on Tuesday I think, so pretty quick :smile:
i sent my application off at the end of september/beginning of october (it was literally sent right over the weekend aha) and i received an offer from Bristol the same day they received my application and Surrey the next day! Just waiting on Royal Holloway, Exeter and Gloucestershire now, but i've heard that both exeter and rhul take a while to reply
Sent my application to my school last Saturday, they said they would do references this week but haven't done mine yet, hope they haven't started it and forget and dismissed it
Original post by butterfly_belle
i sent my application off at the end of september/beginning of october (it was literally sent right over the weekend aha) and i received an offer from Bristol the same day they received my application and Surrey the next day! Just waiting on Royal Holloway, Exeter and Gloucestershire now, but i've heard that both exeter and rhul take a while to reply

that's amaz ing, well done! What have you applied for? Your grades/PS must be great!
Original post by BioOx
News from Warwick,

I've sent an e-mail to Warwick admission office and asked when are we going to receive acknowledgments and offers. They said that they're currently dealing with technical issues so they're intending to send to all applicants acknowledgments (next week) and some offers.

Thanks for the update - fingers crossed for next week then!
Original post by cdoyle
Northampton were the quickest to reply to me 1 month from when I submitted my application, Huddersfield 4 months and Birmingham Met never
So I declined them.

What do you mean Birmingham Met never?
I just officially sent my form away! Need to think of a 5th choice as not sure about Warwick anymore!
Original post by Lauren1498x
I just officially sent my form away! Need to think of a 5th choice as not sure about Warwick anymore!

How come you're not sure about Warwick anymore? I was considering applying there but the accommodation didn't really look good.
Original post by cogito.
No acknowledgement, no offer from Warwick. This is unusual comparing to last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was it like last year?
Original post by DarkEnergy
What do you mean Birmingham Met never?

Birmingham Metropolitan, I guess.
Update 2: I've now got an email from UCL too, similar to the one Exeter sent me yesterday. I don't know what this means, but both Exeter and UCL seem to be quicker than I thought they would be! (It's not an offer/rejection yet - they did need "more information", but that's quite understandable considering my unique situation. And the fact that they've sent me these emails already shows that... )
How come you're not sure about Warwick anymore? I was considering applying there but the accommodation didn't really look good.

I phoned them yesterday explaining how I was about to apply to economics, politics and international studies but since I was also applying to joint honors at all my other unis and some of them was joint history/economics politics/economics my ps also had some history in it. The guy said that probably would automatically make my application weaker - LSE and Oxford said this wouldn't be the case! I also didn't mention much international relations in my ps apart from through model un lol. So Idk I don't really want to apply. I could apply there for history and politics but I'm not sure if I would still have the same issue😩 As I'd have Econ in my ps too😔 I also visited Warick Tuesday and after visiting Oxford idk it was a let down I guess hahaha lots of the accommodation is quite a while away from the campus and the campus itself is just really in a big field no where near Warwick, closer to Coventry but still miles away :/
Original post by dorababy1995
Birmingham Metropolitan, I guess.

Ah yes thanks, but I was on about the "never", apparently they never replied to his application but I thought all unis had to reply by a certain date.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Nooo I want to get it done by next week

Applying for Nottingham too

Good luck :smile: Nottingham won't be my firm or insurance (unless leeds or sheffield reject in which case it'll be the insurance xD) unfortunately.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
What was it like last year?

People started to get offers from 2-4 Oct, it's been at least a week late
Original post by Lauren1498x
I phoned them yesterday explaining how I was about to apply to economics, politics and international studies but since I was also applying to joint honors at all my other unis and some of them was joint history/economics politics/economics my ps also had some history in it. The guy said that probably would automatically make my application weaker - LSE and Oxford said this wouldn't be the case! I also didn't mention much international relations in my ps apart from through model un lol. So Idk I don't really want to apply. I could apply there for history and politics but I'm not sure if I would still have the same issue😩 As I'd have Econ in my ps too😔 I also visited Warick Tuesday and after visiting Oxford idk it was a let down I guess hahaha lots of the accommodation is quite a while away from the campus and the campus itself is just really in a big field no where near Warwick, closer to Coventry but still miles away :/

What degree/joint degree do you really want to do? Just go with one and have do, also remember you could phone the uni on results day if the course is in clearing/adjustment and ask to transfer to a slightly different course. For example, if you choose econ and politics but decide you want to do econ and history - you could still do econ and history providing there are spaces left.

I'd advise something along the lines of this...
Econ: just do econ
Econ and Politics: Econ and/with Politics/IR
Econ and History: Econ and/with History/Econ History

What I mean above is for example - if you really want to study economics and history, choose degrees called 'Econ with History', 'Econ and History' or 'Econ with economic history'.
Ah yes thanks, but I was on about the "never", apparently they never replied to his application but I thought all unis had to reply by a certain date.

I don't think he ever got a reply/offer from them?
Is it worth checking Track on the weekend or after working hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending