The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boondock Saint
All the points that I brought up about their doctrinal beliefs have continuously been cited by both Sunni and Shia scholars - this includes scholars that lived during the time of Ibn Nusayr himself, later scholars who interacted with them such as Ibn Taymiyyah from the Sunnis and Ibn Shahr Ashub from the Shia, as well as dozens of fatwas from Ottoman scholars that declared the Alawites to be non-Muslims for their polytheistic belief in reincarnation and a trinity consisting of the Prophet Muhammad, Ali ibn Abi Talib and Sulayman al-Farsi (a companion of the Prophet). In addition to all of this, we have the accounts of numerous Western personalities that have attested to their syncretic beliefs of which you have attempted to dismiss. If that isn't enough, we also have the testimony of the most renowned apostate from Alawism, Sulayman Efendi al-Adhani, who was assassinated by the sect for divulging everything I've mentioned and more - will you dismiss him too?
Why is it so important to you that they are not Muslims? Just because they call themselves Muslims does it make you less Muslim. Does it stop you from praying or fasting. I just don't get it. Cant we just accept our similarities why only look at the differences.
And The Sunni Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini issued a fatwa recognizing them as part of the Muslim community.
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam
Alhamdulillah

What is with the picture? :colonhash:

Went to Creams today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guided1
Why is it so important to you that they are not Muslims? Just because they call themselves Muslims does it make you less Muslim. Does it stop you from praying or fasting. I just don't get it. Cant we just accept our similarities why only look at the differences.And The Sunni Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini issued a fatwa recognizing them as part of the Muslim community.
agree 100%
Reply 3123
Original post by Leukocyte
Went to Creams today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see :colonhash: without me....jks :biggrin:
How are you sis? :h:
Original post by ak143244
Will do. Thanks for the advice, I mean Jazakullah.

Lol wa iyyak.
And in response to your English thread, I only like London accent since I've been brought up there and it's the one I'm used to.
I'm not fond of others like Manchester and Birmingham because I find them weird and annoying, and sometimes I don't understand them lol
No offense to non Londoners!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Lol wa iyyak.
And in response to your English thread, I only like London accent since I've been brought up there and it's the one I'm used to.
I'm not fond of others like Manchester and Birmingham because I find them weird and annoying, and sometimes I don't understand them lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks!
:smile:
Reply 3126
Original post by HAnwar
Lol bless. It is a really motivational video.

Yeah get some rest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :smile:

Original post by HAnwar
Lol wa iyyak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you don't like my accent? :frown:
Original post by HAnwar
Lol wa iyyak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably will find my voice annoying :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@fatima1998 Salams! You okay?
@fatima1998 Salams! You okay?

wasalam
yes and you :h:
Original post by h333
I see :colonhash: without me....jks :biggrin:
How are you sis? :h:

But you're so far away. Don't worry tho I ate from your side graane 😉

Alhamdulillah I'm good, thanks for asking. I just attended a talk by Ustaadh Asim and subhanAllah it was v beneficial.

Original post by HAnwar
Lol wa iyyak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tut tut HAnwar, what's wrong with mine? 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3131
@fatima1998 bless you, hope you are fine :h:
Original post by IdeasForLife
He's self employed. Pokemon master.

Wa'alaykumasalaam u two.

:awesome:
Original post by fatima1998
wasalam
yes and you :h:

Yeah. I'm good alhamdullilah. What have you been up to? Not talked for ages.
Original post by h333
@fatima1998 bless you, hope you are fine :h:

:giggle:
yep i am fine and you :h:
Yeah. I'm good alhamdullilah. What have you been up to? Not talked for ages.

why didn't i get a notif? :ninja: is TSR not working again :bawling:
i am just doing... nothing special :lol: overloaded with school work :bricks:
have noo time to spend on TSR nowadays, very busy sorting/dealing issues in my life :hide:
Reply 3136
Original post by Leukocyte
But you're so far away. Don't worry tho I ate from your side graane 😉

Alhamdulillah I'm good, thanks for asking. I just attended a talk by Ustaadh Asim and subhanAllah it was v beneficial.

Tut tut HAnwar, what's wrong with mine? 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah coz I am in Africa :colonhash: excuses, excuses. But OK I forgive you :u:

Masha'Allah, that is great :smile:

:giggle:
yep i am fine and you :h:

Aww you are so sweet masha'Allah :h:
Good to know :smile: same Alhamdulillah.
(edited 7 years ago)
why didn't i get a notif? :ninja: is TSR not working again :bawling:
i am just doing... nothing special :lol: overloaded with school work :bricks:
have noo time to spend on TSR nowadays, very busy sorting/dealing issues in my life :hide:

Oh.

Oh. Okay. What year are you in?

Yeah true, college life is so different to high school though, so much work and it's very intense.
Original post by h333
Aww you are so sweet masha'Allah :h:
Good to know :smile: same Alhamdulillah.

good to know that you are fine :borat:
Oh.

Oh. Okay. What year are you in?

Yeah true, college life is so different to high school though, so much work and it's very intense.

year 13 :afraid:
it is :cry2:

Latest