The Student Room Group

Intermediate or Higher?

I'm in higher set maths, but after struggling with the numeracy mock I queried opting for the intermediate numeracy paper instead. This would give me a maximum grade of B, which do you think would be better?
So because you did bad on the numeracy mock, you want to move to do intermediate:s-smilie:
You know there is something called trying
Try but never fail to try
Keep practicing until you achieve a higher grade
What year you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what the hell is intermediate, there is no intermediate. there's just 2 tiers, higher and foundation.
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
what the hell is intermediate, there is no intermediate. there's just 2 tiers, higher and foundation.

Intermediate tier is still available in WJEC's Maths GCSE, iirc, and is the tier in-between Foundation and Higher. (it used to be available in the UK (only for Maths, I believe), I think before ~2010, before being scrapped)

To the OP: Don't give up, and try to keep at it! Mocks don't define a "maximum grade"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks guys! the exam is in early November so i'm really scared, i've seen my teacher about it but i'll see her again to firm up the arrangements x
Reply 5
Original post by Naomeyz_01
So because you did bad on the numeracy mock, you want to move to do intermediate:s-smilie:
You know there is something called trying
Try but never fail to try
Keep practicing until you achieve a higher grade
What year you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't imply I don't try, i'm in year 11 and the exam is in 3 weeks so i'm worried because it is so soon.

Quick Reply

Latest