The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
year 13 :afraid:
it is :cry2:

Oh cool. What are studying?
How did you find year 12? I'm in year 12 btw. It's kinda good. Please don't tell me that year 13 is a lot worse than year 12...
Original post by HAnwar
Lol wa iyyak.
And in response to your English thread, I only like London accent since I've been brought up there and it's the one I'm used to.
I'm not fond of others like Manchester and Birmingham because I find them weird and annoying, and sometimes I don't understand them lol
No offense to non Londoners!

Posted from TSR Mobile

London people sound funny. Too funny. :eek:
Reply 3142
Original post by IdeasForLife

She sounds funny too 🙊

Spoiler

Original post by h333
She sounds funny too 🙊

Spoiler

Shots fired.
Reply 3144
Shots fired.

Spoiler

Reply 3145
Original post by h333
Yep :smile:

So you don't like my accent? :frown:

Yours is fine because you don't have that thick accent lol

Original post by Enginerd.
You probably will find my voice annoying :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about that :/

Original post by Leukocyte
But you're so far away. Don't worry tho I ate from your side graane 😉

Alhamdulillah I'm good, thanks for asking. I just attended a talk by Ustaadh Asim and subhanAllah it was v beneficial.

Tut tut HAnwar, what's wrong with mine? 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've forgotten what you sound like :tongue:

We are the only normal sounding ones. We don't elongate our vowels or make silly 'eeeh' noises :rolleyes:

Isn't it @s_ahmed2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
She sounds funny too 🙊

Spoiler

Hmm shall I take back what I said about you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

I've forgotten what you sound like :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have a brummy accent :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

We are the only normal sounding ones. We don't elongate our vowels or make silly 'eeeh' noises :rolleyes:

Isn't it @s_ahmed2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. I'm the most normal sounding one here and I'm not a Londoner. :colonhash:

People go to London to visit edgeware road. I go to London to laugh at your accents.
Reply 3150
Original post by HAnwar
Hmm shall I take back what I said about you...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too late now, you have said the truth :wink:
:rofl: how can you forget how Leukocyte sounds? :unimpressed:
I don't have a brummy accent :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't believe you :hand:

Nope. I'm the most normal sounding one here and I'm not a Londoner. :colonhash:

People go to London to visit edgeware road. I go to London to laugh at your accents.

Yeah right
We all know you come because you wanna sound as awesome as us.

Original post by h333
Too late now, you have said the truth :wink:
:rofl: how can you forget how Leukocyte sounds? :unimpressed:

Because you used to bombard me with more voice notes :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . "

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ عُقَيْلٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، أَنَّ سَالِمًا، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ "‏ الْمُسْلِمُ أَخُو الْمُسْلِمِ، لاَ يَظْلِمُهُ وَلاَ يُسْلِمُهُ، وَمَنْ كَانَ فِي حَاجَةِ أَخِيهِ كَانَ اللَّهُ فِي حَاجَتِهِ، وَمَنْ فَرَّجَ عَنْ مُسْلِمٍ كُرْبَةً فَرَّجَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ كُرْبَةً مِنْ كُرُبَاتِ يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ، وَمَنْ سَتَرَ مُسْلِمًا سَتَرَهُ اللَّهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2442
In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 3
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 3, Book 43, Hadith 622
(deprecated numbering scheme)
Reply 3153
Original post by HAnwar

Yeah right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, after you begged me to, so had to keep you happy :u:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "A man felt very thirsty while he was on the way, there he came across a well. He went down the well, quenched his thirst and came out. Meanwhile he saw a dog panting and licking mud because of excessive thirst. He said to himself, "This dog is suffering from thirst as I did." So, he went down the well again and filled his shoe with water and watered it. Allah thanked him for that deed and forgave him. The people said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Is there a reward for us in serving the animals?" He replied: "Yes, there is a reward for serving any animate (living being)." (See Hadith No. 551)

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مَسْلَمَةَ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ سُمَىٍّ، مَوْلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ السَّمَّانِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ بَيْنَا رَجُلٌ بِطَرِيقٍ، اشْتَدَّ عَلَيْهِ الْعَطَشُ فَوَجَدَ بِئْرًا فَنَزَلَ فِيهَا فَشَرِبَ، ثُمَّ خَرَجَ، فَإِذَا كَلْبٌ يَلْهَثُ يَأْكُلُ الثَّرَى مِنَ الْعَطَشِ، فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ لَقَدْ بَلَغَ هَذَا الْكَلْبَ مِنَ الْعَطَشِ مِثْلُ الَّذِي كَانَ بَلَغَ مِنِّي، فَنَزَلَ الْبِئْرَ، فَمَلأَ خُفَّهُ مَاءً، فَسَقَى الْكَلْبَ، فَشَكَرَ اللَّهُ لَهُ، فَغَفَرَ لَهُ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَإِنَّ لَنَا فِي الْبَهَائِمِ لأَجْرًا فَقَالَ ‏"‏ فِي كُلِّ ذَاتِ كَبِدٍ رَطْبَةٍ أَجْرٌ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2466
In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 27
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 3, Book 43, Hadith 646
(deprecated numbering scheme)
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait till I get back on the chat I'll speak in a Jamaican accent and then you'll never forget :u:
Original post by HAnwar

Yeah right

I've been London twice and I probably stayed there for a combined trip total of about 2 hours. That's how badly the accent affected me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3157
Reply 3158
Wait till I get back on the chat I'll speak in a Jamaican accent and then you'll never forget :u:

Spoiler

I've been London twice and I probably there stayed for a combined trip total of about 2 hours. That's how badly the accent affected me.

Looool :toofunny:
Original post by h333

Spoiler

Spoiler