The Student Room Group

i need to resit but my teacher says no and i think shes lying?

Can someone please tell me if i can resit my gcse english in november, i was at a college then now im at a different one, im 17 and want to resit it, can i transfer my courseworks to my college and reisit in november there?, i know if i resit i will pass this time as i was only 4 marks away from passing i asked my new english teacher and she said no but then i asked my old college if i can resit there but they said you should be able to resit at your new college and transfer your courseworks someone please tell me if i can do that because my new english teacher is not trying to support me and i think i can resit it there and that shes lying. Can i? please someone help me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think she's saying no because I think the deadline for submitting resit requests have passed.
Reply 2
Original post by aamirac
I think she's saying no because I think the deadline for submitting resit requests have passed.

But i dont undrstand i should be able to do it still my teacher at my old college said it can be done.
Reply 3
Original post by jakir haque
But i dont undrstand i should be able to do it still my teacher at my old college said it can be done.

What exam board do you do?
It can/could've be done, provided you told your current school before the deadline.
Can someone please tell me if i can resit my gcse english in november, i was at a college then now im at a different one, im 17 and want to resit it, can i transfer my courseworks to my college and reisit in november there?, i know if i resit i will pass this time as i was only 4 marks away from passing i asked my new english teacher and she said no but then i asked my old college if i can resit there but they said you should be able to resit at your new college and transfer your courseworks someone please tell me if i can do that because my new english teacher is not trying to support me and i think i can resit it there and that shes lying. Can i? please someone help me.

You have to be very careful before you go round accusing people of lying. Both teachers could be telling the truth and the second one just confirming you cnat do a November resit at the college. As others have pointed out you might have missed the deadline.

Imo contact the relevant exam board and get idance on whether it would be possible.
maybe your teacher can "resit" on me
Reply 6
Original post by aamirac
What exam board do you do?
It can/could've be done, provided you told your current school before the deadline.

i joined my recent college a bit late, like 2 weeks ago because i was waiting for my remark in english because of how close i was to passing, didnt get a c then i joined but my teacher tries being all big and says no and when i asked who decides to put me on for the resit shes like "i do" so basically its possible but my teachers being a female dog and i want to know who to talk to, to make it happen this other than her, someone that can make it happen, i wanna know who i can speak to other than my english teacher?
.... but my teachers being a female dog and i want to know who to talk to, to make it happen this other than her, someone that can make it happen, i wanna know who i can speak to other than my english teacher?

Lol i can see why you failed. You dont deserve advice.
Reply 8
i joined my recent college a bit late, like 2 weeks ago because i was waiting for my remark in english because of how close i was to passing, didnt get a c then i joined but my teacher tries being all big and says no and when i asked who decides to put me on for the resit shes like "i do" so basically its possible but my teachers being a female dog and i want to know who to talk to, to make it happen this other than her, someone that can make it happen, i wanna know who i can speak to other than my english teacher?

Have you tried contacting the exam board?
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger

if you see how my teacher treats me you will understand why im calling her that, like i said she is not very supportive.
Original post by aamirac
Have you tried contacting the exam board?

how can i contact them?

and you can go away now you havent said one thing to help your just judging everything im saying so bye unless you wanna say something useful that will help. bye!
if you see how my teacher treats me you will understand why im calling her that, like i said she is not very supportive.

Not really, unless ofc she makes you do your bunsiness outside, makes you eat pla, throws you bonio and takes you for walks on a lead.
Not really, unless ofc she makes you do your bunsiness outside, makes you eat pla, throws you bonio and takes you for walks on a lead.

Bye!
how can i contact them?

You go on the relevant exam boards website and find the contact details so you can ring or email them explaining your current situation so that they can offer you further advise on what to do.

Also email your old teacher and ask them if he/she has given your coursework to the current school.
i havent been entered im trying to be entered, and ive asked my teacher about the courseworks and he said yes but my new teacher is saying no i want to know if she is aloud to to this to me in the name of law?
i havent been entered im trying to be entered, and ive asked my teacher about the courseworks and he said yes but my new teacher is saying no i want to know if she is aloud to to this to me in the name of law?

What is that supposed to mean?

Anyway, as people have already asked, what exam board are you on?
Hey

If you have a designated exam officer at you're college ask them. They will be more than willing to assist you.
Original post by MiszShortee786
Hey

If you have a designated exam officer at you're college ask them. They will be more than willing to assist you.

thats the other problem when i asked the exam office they said your teacher needs to put you through soo, that means i can but shes not letting me.
thats the other problem when i asked the exam office they said your teacher needs to put you through soo, that means i can but shes not letting me.

Hmm.. Thats true however I dont know why this teacher is rejecting you to do the paper if you were 4 marks away... I was 10 marks away and thankfully I am able to re-sit! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest