The Student Room Group

Slc disbursements???

My loan summary was 3900 and I was paid my first payment a few weeks ago, today I had another payment of a similar amount from SLC DISBURSEMENTS,
and when checking my entitlement summary, it has gone up to 8100.

Is this normal and is it likely I will be able to keep this further payment? or does this happen by mistake sometimes and I should not spend it?
Thanks!
It looks like you weren't originally income assessed and now they've reassessed you. Have you received any letters recently? If not, you should do. There may also be something on your online account.
Reply 2
Original post by christophaw
My loan summary was 3900 and I was paid my first payment a few weeks ago, today I had another payment of a similar amount from SLC DISBURSEMENTS,
and when checking my entitlement summary, it has gone up to 8100.

Is this normal and is it likely I will be able to keep this further payment? or does this happen by mistake sometimes and I should not spend it?
Thanks!

Sounds like the £3900 is the basic minimum non-income assessed Maintenance Loan to which everyone is entitled.*If you come from a low income household, this can then be topped up with an income-assessed amount.*

If you applied to be income assessed and your household has a low income, your total Maintenance Loan entitlement could legitimately be £8100. The two parts of the loan could be given separately if you applied late and your income assessment was delayed.

To be sure, phone SF direct to check.*
Reply 3
Yeah I will ring up on monday guys! I was just a bit confused and hoped others had the same kind of thing haha thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending