Original post by HAnwar
You'll come running back first glance at a visa :rolleyes:

Don't need a visa when I got pizza.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3182
Reply 3183
Original post by bashar is great
haha maybe.

Anyway, were you serious about the praying issue? I really do feel very sad hearing that, it is is like my bro saying that to me :frown: repent and insha'Allah make a new start to pray. You will feel so much better insha'Allah.
Original post by ak143244
Oh cool. What are studying?
How did you find year 12? I'm in year 12 btw. It's kinda good. Please don't tell me that year 13 is a lot worse than year 12...

studying health and social care, maths, ICT, Media...
i am doing mix of AS and A2...
my experience was crap in year 12 but they'll get harder and harder :yep: so be consistant, thats the key puppyeyes:
i got a reply from akhan786 but have no idea what was it :K:
does anyone know?? :ninja:
Original post by h333
Anyway, were you serious about the praying issue? I really do feel very sad hearing that, it is is like my bro saying that to me :frown: repent and insha'Allah make a new start to pray. You will feel so much better insha'Allah.
yes i am serious, I've tried but i just can't if ygm? as I said before I am going through a 'phase' in my life (3rd year now) there is a part of me that wants to be a good Muslim, but there is also a part that is defiant. I hope I don't sound too silly.
Original post by fatima1998
i got a reply from akhan786 but have no idea what was it :K: does anyone know?? :ninja:
that was me and it said 'just wait till uni' in reference to how you felt about year 13 if i remember correctly.
that was me and it said 'just wait till uni' in reference to how you felt about year 13 if i remember correctly.

everyone has different limits of toleration, some can handle the pressure and some can't, doesn't matter if you are in uni or A levels or GCSEs, its different for everyone :cute: and there can be other factors e.g. personal life issues etc
studying health and social care, maths, ICT, Media...
i am doing mix of AS and A2...
my experience was crap in year 12 but they'll get harder and harder :yep: so be consistant, thats the key puppyeyes:

Oh okay. Thanks :smile:
i got a reply from akhan786 but have no idea what was it :K:
does anyone know?? :ninja:

Nope :frown: Sorry

Going to go sleep now. Talk tomorrow inshallah. Still need to pray isha,
Kudafiz everyone! :smile:
everyone has different limits of toleration, some can handle the pressure and some can't, doesn't matter if you are in uni or A levels or GCSEs, its different for everyone :cute: and there can be other factors e.g. personal life issues etc
i agree, I'm just speaking from my own personal experience that's all :smile:
i agree, I'm just speaking from my own personal experience that's all :smile:

yep i can completely understand that uni is also difficult :yep: but A levels aren't easy either :fuhrer:

Original post by ak143244
Oh okay. Thanks :smile:

Nope :frown: Sorry

Going to go sleep now. Talk tomorrow inshallah. Still need to pray isha,
Kudafiz everyone! :smile:

aha sleep tight :h:
Allah Hafiz :cute:
Reply 3192
yes i am serious, I've tried but i just can't if ygm? as I said before I am going through a 'phase' in my life (3rd year now) there is a part of me that wants to be a good Muslim, but there is also a part that is defiant. I hope I don't sound too silly.

No dw you don't. I really do feel bad for you as I would want only good for you of course.
Thing is no matter how defiant you feel, never leave salah and try your best sincerely. It may take time but if you sincerely want guidance from Allah and pray to him then insha'Allah he will not leave you alone. Remember Allah swt says "remember me, I will remember you" in the Qu'ran. And that if you walk towards him, he will run towards you, SubhanAllah. Don't give up insha'Allah :smile: This maybe your test from Allah swt.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Nope. I'm the most normal sounding one here and I'm not a Londoner. :colonhash:

People go to London to visit edgeware road. I go to London to laugh at your accents.

U wot :eyeball: Your accent sounds like a cross between Ant & Dec and Harambe when he got shot :colonhash:

:lol: What you doing creeping around with non-mahrems and pistols? :naughty:
Original post by h333
No dw you don't. I really do feel bad for you as I would want only good for you of course. Thing is no matter how defiant you feel, never leave salah and try your best sincerely. It may take time but if you sincerely want guidance from Allah and pray to him then insha'Allah he will not leave you alone. Remember Allah swt says "remember me, I will remember you" in the Qu'ran. And that if you walk towards him, he will run towards you, SubhanAllah. Don't give up insha'Allah :smile: This maybe your test from Allah swt.
yeah maybe, but it has taken a toll on me mentally over the last few years.
Original post by guided1
Why is it so important to you that they are not Muslims? Just because they call themselves Muslims does it make you less Muslim. Does it stop you from praying or fasting. I just don't get it. Cant we just accept our similarities why only look at the differences. And The Sunni Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini issued a fatwa recognizing them as part of the Muslim community.

Well, the only reason I responded to your post in the first place is because you misrepresented the Alawite doctrine. I wanted to point this out and also show you that, classically, they cannot be considered Muslims, even by the conditions that you originally listed yourself on what makes someone a Muslim.

Citing the opinion of Amin al-Husseini (appointed as Grand Mufti at just age 26, by no other than the British High Commissioner, Herbert Samuel) on this is not very helpful either. It's well known that al-Husseini became desperate for allies during the invasion of Palestine and sought help from wherever he could. He quickly became a supporter of the ruling Alawite party in Syria and issued a fatwa announcing them to be Muslims, given that this was quickly rustled up in the midst of political turmoil and a war, leads me to doubt the theological authenticity of such a fatwa. After all, when all else failed, al-Husseini, even collaborated with the Nazis! But what can we expect from a man who is on record of having said: "What do we care who backs us, or who we align ourselves with, as long as it helps us to attain our goals… We don’t care who we have to align ourselves with."

You've also failed to understand that Alawism is a secret society in every sense of the term. Their religious texts are not made available to anyone for the simple fact that it allows them, when in need, to adopt elements of any religious belief necessary. When the Crusaders entered Syria in full-force, the Alawites began to incorporate Christian doctrine into their beliefs and eventually successfully convinced the Crusaders that they too believed in elements of Christian theology, which is the only reason they are still here today. When they gained political power in Syria, their religious authorities began to tell their followers to perform all their religious activities like Sunni and Shia Muslims to avoid persecution, in the same way they changed their religious activities to avoid being wiped out by the Crusaders.

It's my personal opinion, that some Alawites today may very well be considered Muslim, for the simple fact that their religious authorities are constantly changing their doctrine for political reasons (in this case to match traditional Muslim thought) for the masses of their followers to adhere to, but there is absolutely no way the Alawite doctrine in its original format is Islamic, nor is there any way for me to consider their religious authorities as Muslim.
Original post by Boondock Saint
Well, the only reason I responded to your post in the first place is because you misrepresented the Alawite doctrine. I wanted to point this out and also show you that, classically, they cannot be considered Muslims, even by the conditions that you originally listed yourself on what makes someone a Muslim.

Citing the opinion of Amin al-Husseini (appointed as Grand Mufti at just age 26, by no other than the British High Commissioner, Herbert Samuel) on this is not very helpful either. It's well known that al-Husseini became desperate for allies during the invasion of Palestine and sought help from wherever he could. He quickly became a supporter of the ruling Alawite party in Syria and issued a fatwa announcing them to be Muslims, given that this was quickly rustled up in the midst of political turmoil and a war, leads me to doubt the theological authenticity of such a fatwa. After all, when all else failed, al-Husseini, even collaborated with the Nazis! But what can we expect from a man who is on record of having said: "What do we care who backs us, or who we align ourselves with, as long as it helps us to attain our goals… We don’t care who we have to align ourselves with."

You've also failed to understand that Alawism is a secret society in every sense of the term. Their religious texts are not made available to anyone for the simple fact that it allows them, when in need, to adopt elements of any religious belief necessary. When the Crusaders entered Syria in full-force, the Alawites began to incorporate Christian doctrine into their beliefs and eventually successfully convinced the Crusaders that they too believed in elements of Christian theology, which is the only reason they are still here today. When they gained political power in Syria, their religious authorities began to tell their followers to perform all their religious activities like Sunni and Shia Muslims to avoid persecution, in the same way they changed their religious activities to avoid being wiped out by the Crusaders.

It's my personal opinion, that some Alawites today may very well be considered Muslim, for the simple fact that their religious authorities are constantly changing their doctrine for political reasons (in this case to match traditional Muslim thought) for the masses of their followers to adhere to, but there is absolutely no way the Alawite doctrine in its original format is Islamic, nor is there any way for me to consider their religious authorities as Muslim.

PRSOM
Reply 3198
yeah maybe, but it has taken a toll on me mentally over the last few years.

Look you still want to be a good (I would say practicing) Muslim even if it is for a momemt and that is really important as it shows that you still have the desire to turn to Allah swt. Hence, you have not completely turned your back on him (although we are in need of him at the end of the day) Alhamdulillah. However, Salah is like a blessing from Allah swt. If you leave it/avoid for long then you may end up in the wrong direction very quickly before you know it. But if you choose to stick to it despite the struggles mentally or physically then you will still feel the importance of Allah swt in your life in other words Islam as you will keep remembering him. Take salah as an opportunity to open your heart to your creator and ask for guidance/help/patience/protection from evil actions as well as doing dhikr.

You will only feel better with time once you overcome this phase with involving/remembering Allah swt. Allah is the most merciful and may Allah guide you and shower his mercy on you. Ameen.

But remember you need to take action and be sincere too. Repentance is necessary as a start. Think about what is stopping you from turning to Allah swt through Salah. Try to avoid those and change for the better insha'Allah. Think about your hereafter too, this life is short and temporary.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Look you still want to be a good (I would say practicing) Muslim even if it is for a momemt and that is really important as it shows that you still have the desire to turn to Allah swt. Hence, you have not completely turned your back on him (although we are in need of him at the end of the day) Alhamdulillah. However, Salah is like a blessing from Allah swt. If you leave it/avoid for long then you may end up in the wrong direction very quickly before you know it. But if you choose to stick to it despite the struggles mentally or physically then you will still feel the importance of Allah swt in your life in other words Islam as you will keep remembering him. Take salah as an opportunity to open your heart to your creator and ask for guidance/help/patience/protection from evil actions as well as doing dhikr. You will only feel better with time once you overcome this phase with involving/remembering Allah swt. Allah is the most merciful and may Allah guide you and shower his mercy on you. Ameen.But remember you need to take action and be sincere too. Repentance is necessary as start. Think about what is stopping you from turning to Allah swt through Salah. Try to avoid those and change for the better insha'Allah. Think about your hereafter too, this life is short and temporary.
Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending