The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
I don't think he ever got a reply/offer from them?

Yeah that's what I was confused about, all universities have to reply by Late March provided you apply by the normal deadline, https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/replying-your-ucas-undergraduate-offers
Original post by DarkEnergy
Ah yes thanks, but I was on about the "never", apparently they never replied to his application but I thought all unis had to reply by a certain date.

That does make sense, and yes, that's how it usually works - unis do indeed have a deadline by which they have ot reply.
Original post by jamestg
What degree/joint degree do you really want to do? Just go with one and have do, also remember you could phone the uni on results day if the course is in clearing/adjustment and ask to transfer to a slightly different course. For example, if you choose econ and politics but decide you want to do econ and history - you could still do econ and history providing there are spaces left.

I'd advise something along the lines of this...
Econ: just do econ
Econ and Politics: Econ and/with Politics/IR
Econ and History: Econ and/with History/Econ History

What I mean above is for example - if you really want to study economics and history, choose degrees called 'Econ with History', 'Econ and History' or 'Econ with economic history'.

However, not all the universities offer the same course, that's my issue. I have now submitted my application so can't change my ps. The main issue I have is that I'm in Scotland and so to study economics in England i need advanced higher maths... Which is harder than A level maths. I would not be able to do ah maths as I get super freaked out in maths exams especially lol. If all unis I wanted to go to offered the same joint honors course there wouldn't be an issue
Original post by JP0458B
Is it worth checking Track on the weekend or after working hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not for the moment at least...
If you get an offer/rejection do you get an email from ucas saying to check track? Or will you have no idea unless you sign into track?
Reply 425
Original post by dorababy1995
Birmingham Metropolitan, I guess.

They didnt reply.
Original post by jamestg
Not for the moment at least...

Haha I disagree! To my surprise I've just got an offer from Bristol half an hour ago today for economics and my application went in two days ago! Wasn't expecting to hear back round this time
Original post by Lauren1498x
If you get an offer/rejection do you get an email from ucas saying to check track? Or will you have no idea unless you sign into track?

Hey, you get an email telling you to check track but it doesn't tell you what the update is for.
I got an unconditional offer for English from Royal Holloway today! I only sent in my application yesterday, they must be quite fast then - also, the offer came in at around 6pm, so it's worth checking outside working hours

I've had confirmation from Birmingham, Cambridge and Southampton, nothing from Nottingham yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by L_frank
Haha I disagree! To my surprise I've just got an offer from Bristol half an hour ago today for economics and my application went in two days ago! Wasn't expecting to hear back round this time

Crikey, they're eager!

Congrats on your offer! I would have applied for the same course but the student satisfaction ratings worried me so I decided to go for Warwick instead.
Original post by L_frank
Hey, you get an email telling you to check track but it doesn't tell you what the update is for.

Holy sh*t that must be horrific - especially on results day!
Sorry for another question🙄 But if you get an offer/rejection does your referee see it too? Or just you?
Original post by Lauren1498x
Sorry for another question🙄 But if you get an offer/rejection does your referee see it too? Or just you?

There is an option on UCAS track where you can deselect your school from seeing your offers/rejections you can find it under "Your details". Automatically this option is selected though, I think
Original post by domaths
There is an option on UCAS track where you can deselect your school from seeing your offers/rejections you can find it under "Your details". Automatically this option is selected though, I think

Thanks for that info my daughter just changed hers I think it's better that the school don't try and influence students to take what might look better for the school than the student.
I sent my application off today and reading this thread is giving me anxiety.

Anyway, applying to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, UCL and Nottingham for Economics.
I also sent off my application today, anxiously waiting for offers now:rolleyes:
I am applying to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham for Chemical Engineering and Warwick for Manufacturing Engineering.
Only UCL have sent me an email for confirmation (not an offer) so far, they are certainly quicker than I thought!
Original post by BasicMistake
I sent my application off today and reading this thread is giving me anxiety.

Anyway, applying to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, UCL and Nottingham for Economics.

I'm applying to Cambridge, Warwick and Durham for Econ too!
The only acknowledgement email I've received so far is from UCL, to say my application is being considered. The suspense is killing me, constantly refreshing my email inbox.:biggrin:
Has anyone received any classics offers yet?!
Original post by pamplemousse.
I'm applying for Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool too!

Whoo, our choices are pretty similar then! What are your other two if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to visit Leeds tomorrow, but I know the city quite well, so I'm sure that I will like it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending