The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
I'm applying to Cambridge, Warwick and Durham for Econ too!

Good luck! Which colleges are you applying to for Cambridge and Durham?
Original post by BasicMistake
Good luck! Which colleges are you applying to for Cambridge and Durham?

You too! St Catherine's for Cambridge and St Mary's for Durham! Which ones have you applied to?
How long is reasonable for teachers to write references?
How long do you think I should wait before I nag to get it done because I be reveived it Tuesday but I think he's waiting until after the 15th to get the medicine/oxbridge applicants sorted :/
Original post by asdfghjklol
that's amaz ing, well done! What have you applied for? Your grades/PS must be great!

Thank you :smile: I've applied for Biology/Biological sciences with predicted grades of AAA, and i didn't take any AS exams but my gcse's are all A*/A grades, i didn't think my personal statement was that special but my head of sixth thought it was good and it has to be since Bristol offered me BBB!
Reply 444
A*AA predicted. Sent off application for dentistry.

And now the wait begins.
Ahhh hey guys! Congrats to everyone getting offers, it's incredible that you've heard back so soon, you must all be fab! I've finalised my application but it hasn't been sent off by the school yet.

Course: Linguistics
Grades: 10A*s at GCSE, 4As at AS (93% average), 3A* predicted
Universities: Cambridge (Clare College) eek, Edinburgh, York, UCL, Newcastle

I adore the Cambridge college that I'm applying to but it gets so many applicants and gives so few offers so I'm not holding out hopes of getting in. I love Edinburgh and would DIE if I got in! York is so pretty and I definitely wouldn't mind going there, although the course isn't as exciting as Camb and Edinburgh. I'm a bit nervous about applying to London unis but UCL is so good for my course! And Newcastle... well, my friend's applying there so I thought I might as well have it as my fifth choice!
Original post by jamestg
You too! St Catherine's for Cambridge and St Mary's for Durham! Which ones have you applied to?

Peterhouse for Cambridge and University for Durham. I didn't really know which one to apply to for Durham so I picked the most oversubscribed one where I'll probably get pooled.
Original post by BasicMistake
Peterhouse for Cambridge and University for Durham. I didn't really know which one to apply to for Durham so I picked the most oversubscribed one where I'll probably get pooled.

Ahhh cool! Peterhouse is so nice and being the oldest college makes it steeped in history. And the firs year accommodation is probably the nicest in Cambridge. Search 'St Peter's Terrace, Peterhouse' in Google and you'll understand why! It's even been refurbished!

University college is also a great choice, although yes a little risky. I considered it but decided to stick with something safer because I don't want to end up at a college I don't like through reallocation and most people don't even stay at the castle!
Original post by somebodyelse98
same! and Bristol and LSE. What Cambridge college are you guys going for?? Think I'm choosing Pembroke

Yay! I've gone for St Catz! Pembroke is also really nice, and it seems like lots are applying there this year :smile:
Looks like lots of people applying to econ at same/similar unis!

I'm applying Econ at Cambs, UCL (with year abroad), LSE, Bristol and KCL. I sent my application but my reference hasn't been added yet so the universities haven't got it yet.
Original post by jamestg
Yay! I've gone for St Catz! Pembroke is also really nice, and it seems like lots are applying there this year :smile:

yeah, that's really concerning me because definitely going to struggle to compete! guess I just have to wait and see but kind of regretting my choice now even though it's my favourite one :frown:
I'm applying to Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling and Strathclyde for economics and international relations, and I sent my application last tuesday. So far I've got emails from Dundee and Aberdeen but no offers yet :smile: I'm so anxious because this is all so strange for me, I'm from Finland and none of my teachers or friends had even heard about UCAS before I told them :biggrin: I've just been reading this forum in order to get some tips haha
Original post by mintiess
I'm applying to Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling and Strathclyde for economics and international relations, and I sent my application last tuesday. So far I've got emails from Dundee and Aberdeen but no offers yet :smile: I'm so anxious because this is all so strange for me, I'm from Finland and none of my teachers or friends had even heard about UCAS before I told them :biggrin: I've just been reading this forum in order to get some tips haha

Heyyy I'm from Finland as well!! Although I live in France but anyways i'm Finnish :smile: I'm applying for Natural Sciences at Cambridge and then Physics & Maths at UCL, Exeter, Birmingham and Bristol. Nice to find other finns here haha

I submitted my application on tuesday, got emails from all my unis saying they received it and are considering it. In addition UCL asked for further info about some qualifications which is probably a good sign idk don't want to read too much into it ..
Original post by jamestg
Ahhh cool! Peterhouse is so nice and being the oldest college makes it steeped in history. And the firs year accommodation is probably the nicest in Cambridge. Search 'St Peter's Terrace, Peterhouse' in Google and you'll understand why! It's even been refurbished!

I visited during Open Day last summer and I really liked the place. I saw St Peter's Terrace, it looks like it was lifted out of Kensington and plopped down in Cambridge.

Original post by jamestg
University college is also a great choice, although yes a little risky. I considered it but decided to stick with something safer because I don't want to end up at a college I don't like through reallocation and most people don't even stay at the castle!

I'm not sure how I would rank my choices (assuming I get the offers). Currently, I think I would pick Warwick over Durham because I like the course more; however, I prefer Durham's location. I almost hope I get pooled to a Durham college I don't like so I don't have to make the decision.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Looks like lots of people applying to econ at same/similar unis!

I'm applying Econ at Cambs, UCL (with year abroad), LSE, Bristol and KCL. I sent my application but my reference hasn't been added yet so the universities haven't got it yet.

So many econs lool, you think there is just more of us or are we more likely to post on student room? Maybe a mixture of both. I'm applying your first three too, what cambridge college? :smile:
Original post by CatusStarbright
Whoo, our choices are pretty similar then! What are your other two if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to visit Leeds tomorrow, but I know the city quite well, so I'm sure that I will like it :smile:

Cambridge (lololol) and Lancaster.
Original post by t.thompson22
The only acknowledgement email I've received so far is from UCL, to say my application is being considered. The suspense is killing me, constantly refreshing my email inbox.:biggrin:

I know how you feel. I've only received two acknowledgements and I got an offer yesterday from a university that didn't even send me an acknowledgment. The others may be looking but haven't sent an acknowledgemnt. I had to wait 3 weeks so I'm sure you'll hear soon. As soon as you get that first offer you'll be so much more relaxed! :smile:
Original post by domaths
So many econs lool, you think there is just more of us or are we more likely to post on student room? Maybe a mixture of both. I'm applying your first three too, what cambridge college? :smile:

Caius, wbu? Well Economics is the most competitive degree so you'd expect a lot, but there still seems like a lot more applicants on here than for other subjects. Idk why.
Hey guys, I am applying to Oxford, Imperial, Birmingham, King's College London, and Nottingham for Computer Science and its derivatives.

Just over an hour ago I received an acknowledgement email from Nottingham, so there go the myths about weekends! I just want the wait to be over; the tension is killing me.
Original post by domaths

It feels like I'm the only non economist/politician on here!

Latest

Trending

Trending