The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Constant from the voices that I deserved it all and I brought it on myself and it's all my fault. Something wrong with me to make people want to do what they did to me and I deserved it all and that's why I scare people all off and they all hate me and avoid me and it's my fault and try to keep people not hating me and always afail. So sick of the nightmares but at he same time jaust want to sleep

Really sorry you're having such bad night x you didn't deserve it and it's not your fault
Original post by Midnightmemories
Just to add on what I said before. I've booked the appointment. Finally have plucked up enough courage to attempt to get this stupid anxiety and other things sorted once and for all. Just hope my work won't get all pissy at me for booking it right before my shift. (Appointments at 9:40 and I'm supposed to start work at 10:30. I have to leave my town at 10 at the latest to get there on time. However my doctors always run at least 1/2 hour late.)

Just let work know that you have the drs and should be finished in time. Im sure they will be fine. Especially if you pre warn them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Listening to them and finding it difficult to find a reason to not follow through. :cry2:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Constant from the voices that I deserved it all and I brought it on myself and it's all my fault. Something wrong with me to make people want to do what they did to me and I deserved it all and that's why I scare people all off and they all hate me and avoid me and it's my fault and try to keep people not hating me and always afail. So sick of the nightmares but at he same time jaust want to sleep

Oh hun :jumphug: I'm sorry I'm being so **** atm - as you can probs tell from my Facebook, on a bit of a rollercoaster of ups and downs atm with my health. I do care though, so message me anytime! You don't deserve ANY of this, let alone all of it. And anyone who gets scared off by you is not worth bothering with, imho, coz people who are worth having around you will stick around.

None of this is your fault. You're ill. You never asked for any of what happened to you. We love you! :jumphug:

Original post by ~Tara~
Hoping spoiler thing works..probably should use more often than I have been doing, sorry

TW for abuse

Spoiler

It's a strange time of believing and feeling like both versions are true. And why I just jumped on this old friend. Child part was feeling unlovable and all old feelings id blocked from childhood started coming up.

Should have just sat with them and "processed"

:jumphug: I did assume it was something like that, tbh :frown: I'm really sorry that all of this happened to you, hun! You don't deserve any of this either :no:

Totally get what you mean about it being a strange time of believing and feeling like both versions are true. I get that a lot with my own life. It's very confusing for people who aren't part of my support teams. (Actually, that's a lie - sometimes people WITHIN my support teams at my hospital find it disorienting and confusing.)

It's understandable that the child part would go into overddrive at times, but equally that you might end up denying everything the moment you're out of the therapy room :frown: It sounds very traumatic and complicated. But it does sound like you've got a good therapist who you can work with? So hopefully at some point, you can begin to heal from the trauma and accept and know that it was never your fault. Even if the parts cannot be integrated. (I think my psychiatrist thinks my TLGs can be reintegrated back into one TLG, lol, and I'm just like NOPE :nope: )

Original post by Sabertooth
Listening to them and finding it difficult to find a reason to not follow through. :cry2:

Oh Saber :frown: Hope you are safe :hugs:
TLG UPDATE

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that I'm volunteering outside of London all day tomorrow - leaving very early in the morning and getting back home very late at night. Phone will be off most of the day. So please bear with me on Monday when I start catching up, etc. and if I don't reply a message from people on here, it's not out of spite/malice/etc. Equally it doesn't mean anything bad has happened to me :redface:

:grouphugs:
I suffer badly from stress and anxiety in school but i can't tell my parents. I understand that it is the only way i'll get help but i'm scared of confirmation that what i'm feeling is a real problem so i don't know what to do.
Original post by cactus queen
I suffer badly from stress and anxiety in school but i can't tell my parents. I understand that it is the only way i'll get help but i'm scared of confirmation that what i'm feeling is a real problem so i don't know what to do.

Hello :smile:

Having confirmation that what you're going through is a real/genuine problem can be very scary, for a number of reasons. It's OK to have mixed emotions about it - that's completely understandable. But please do not let this hold you back from seeking the help you clearly not only sorely need, but also deserve! :hugs:

We are all here for you :rave: :yep: :hugs:
I am determined not to

Spoiler

today
Original post by Cinnie
I am determined not to

Spoiler

today

This is a good aim :h: Cheering you on from London :rave: :woo: :rave:

But equally if it does happen (I hope it doesn't but if it does), you are not a bad person or a failure or anything like that :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie
I am determined not to

Spoiler

today

I echo TLG's sentiments :yep: :hugs:

----

Right. Let's try and write 1000 words of this damn essay today. Then I can reward myself with cake. :colone:
Original post by Airmed

Right. Let's try and write 1000 words of this damn essay today. Then I can reward myself with cake. :colone:

Am I allowed to say the H and B words on here? :ninja: :beard: :holmes:

:ninja:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am I allowed to say the H and B words on here? :ninja: :beard: :holmes:

:ninja:

Yes, :laugh:, you only have to look at my VMs to see that is has already started.
Original post by Airmed
Yes, :laugh:, you only have to look at my VMs to see that is has already started.

:innocent: no idea how that happened..
Original post by Anonymous

No idea at all :rofl:
Original post by Airmed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIRMED!!! :king1: :awesome: :woo: :party: :danceboy: :macarena: :ymca: :love: :nutcase: :dance: :excited: :yay:

Original post by Anonymous

:holmes: :ninja: :teehee:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIRMED!!! :king1: :awesome: :woo: :party: :danceboy: :macarena: :ymca: :love: :nutcase: :dance: :excited: :yay:

:holmes: :ninja: :teehee:

Thank you so much :laugh: :lovehug:
This is a good aim :h: Cheering you on from London :rave: :woo: :rave:

But equally if it does happen (I hope it doesn't but if it does), you are not a bad person or a failure or anything like that :hugs:

Original post by Airmed
I echo TLG's sentiments :yep: :hugs:

Thank you both :hugs:
Original post by Airmed

Happy birthday :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie
Thank you both :hugs:

Remember, it's not about how/if you get knocked down: what's important is that/how you pick yourself back up again. Like the Chumbawamba song :biggrin:

(You're probs all too young to know/remember this song properly :shakecane: )
Original post by Cinnie
Happy birthday :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: