The Student Room Group

People are actually so jealous of Kim Kardashian!

Hear me out...normally idgaf about "celeb news" nor do I follow it, but obviously Kim kardashian being robbed at gun point has caught my attention.

Since the robbery news I have honestly never seen men and women shame someone this much for no reason.

Spoiler

I can't think of it stemming for any other reason other than pure jealousy because it is so uncalled for.I feel like those people realise will never live like her, they will never have half of what she has and in a world where material goods and possessions are aspired towards I think Kim just being Kim angers people.

Oh and god forbid you ever defend a Kardashian. -_-

Ugh, we live in such a hateful world. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hear me out...normally idgaf about "celeb news" nor do I follow it, but obviously Kim kardashian being robbed at gun point has caught my attention.

Since the robbery news I have honestly never seen men and women shame someone this much for no reason.

Spoiler

I can't think of it stemming for any other reason other than pure jealousy because it is so uncalled for.I feel like those people realise will never live like her, they will never have half of what she has and in a world where material goods and possessions are aspired towards I think Kim just being Kim angers people.

omg are you awake???? Go on whatsapp
Original post by bluemadhatter
omg are you awake???? Go on whatsapp

Atleast reply to my actual post -_-
Atleast reply to my actual post -_-

I don't think its jealousy more like pure hate for some people (which could have initially began from jealousy). Because there needs to be some sort of deep routed hate for people to wish such horrible things on a human being. But I also do understand some people's point of view cause I read somewhere that if this had happened to any other person who wasn't rich (which it does on a daily) nobody would care especially not Kim which is very true.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluemadhatter
I don't think its jealousy more like pure hate for some people (which could have initially began from jealousy). Because there needs to be some sort of deep routed hate for people to wish such horrible things on a human being. But I also do understand some people's point of view cause I read somewhere that if this had happened to any other person who wasn't rich (which it does on a daily) nobody would care especially not Kim which is very true.

If it was reported then it would get peoples sympathy, it would probably not get hate at all.

But I'm talking about the sick and twisted comments, and the hatred people have for her. It really feels it's born from jealously (amongst other things, but more so jealously).

I'm in the middle of a youtube argument with an idiot but it has made me angry :redface:
Reply 5
I absolutely don't think she deserves hate but why so much attention? I understand she is a celeb but there is so much to the world and its just revolving around her at this moment in time.

I also think she gets a lot of attention just for a robbery? The same thing could happen to someone else and no one would care except close relatives. Horrendous things are happening throughout the world and people are just putting attention on a robbery which could have been so much worse.

But I agree with you. :smile:
Original post by iishai
I absolutely don't think she deserves hate but why so much attention? I understand she is a celeb but there is so much to the world and its just revolving around her at this moment in time.

I also think she gets a lot of attention just for a robbery? The same thing could happen to someone else and no one would care except close relatives. Horrendous things are happening throughout the world and people are just putting attention on a robbery which could have been so much worse.

But I agree with you. :smile:

I know it has more attention than a normal person wound get, and yes there are so many terrible things going on in the world. But the way people react to this really shocks me, I don't understand where that level of hatred comes from?!!
If it was reported then it would get peoples sympathy, it would probably not get hate at all.

But I'm talking about the sick and twisted comments, and the hatred people have for her. It really feels it's born from jealously (amongst other things, but more so jealously).

I'm in the middle of a youtube argument with an idiot but it has made me angry :redface:

You might or might not be aware of the Colombian referendum results? No? Because **** like this gets plastered on the front pages instead.

Do you know what I hate more than the idea of the Kardashians? I hate the people that have put them on that pedestal. The people that buy whatever crappy products they endorse. The people that watch their tv show. Whoever is keeping them relevant - I hate. I hate the people that robbed her, because whilst, perhaps, she may be genuinely shocked and scared, she will no doubt cash in on the opportunity. She wasn't harmed. She'll write a book or something. Ratings will go up. The cycle continues.

Am I jealous of a talentless, narcissistic opportunist? Well. Yes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
I know it has more attention than a normal person wound get, and yes there are so many terrible things going on in the world. But the way people react to this really shocks me, I don't understand where that level of hatred comes from?!!

I don't understand why people hate on her so much either. But she can be inappropriate when considering children but I highly doubt mothers would jump onto their computers and send her a whole load of hate (that she might not even read).

Although I do have a slight grudge against her. She has so much money, why doesn't she donate 'some' of it? It could make a good mark on people who support her. She has such a big role in todays society, she should make use of it in a good way. I understand it's her money though and she can do what she wants. But its so not appropriate to go and send her death threats.
Original post by hezzlington
You might or might not be aware of the Colombian referendum results? No? Because **** like this gets plastered on the front pages instead.

Do you know what I hate more than the idea of the Kardashians? I hate the people that have put them on that pedestal. The people that buy whatever crappy products they endorse. The people that watch their tv show. Whoever is keeping them relevant - I hate. I hate the people that robbed her, because whilst, perhaps, she may be genuinely shocked and scared, she will no doubt cash in on the opportunity. She wasn't harmed. She'll write a book of something. Ratings will go up. The cycle continues.

Am I jealous of a talentless, narcissistic opportunist? Well. Yes.

My point (to an extent) exactly.

I don't idolise her, I don't follow her on anything because I simply don't care (however, I'm guilty of having watched KUWTK in the past). What shocks me, and by shock I mean I literally scrolled down and saw DISGUSTING comments and I gasped. It really makes you question how people can be THAT hateful? Wishing rape or death on her etc.

The thing is, because a huge majority of people thumbs up comments like that, it's like a silent handshake agreeing to that kind of thing being okay. It's just disgusting.

Spoiler

I am not jealous of her and I dont care about her, because we all know that she will be irrelevant in 5 years.

I am unsure if she deserves her fame, because I read that she once owned a wardrobe organising business so I dont know she might have worked hard but it was probably Ray J/ her family that made her famous.
My point (to an extent) exactly.

I don't idolise her, I don't follow her on anything because I simply don't care (however, I'm guilty of having watched KUWTK in the past). What shocks me, and by shock I mean I literally scrolled down and saw DISGUSTING comments and I gasped. It really makes you question how people can be THAT hateful? Wishing rape or death on her etc.

The thing is, because a huge majority of people thumbs up comments like that, it's like a silent handshake agreeing to that kind of thing being okay. It's just disgusting.

Spoiler

I dunno, people on the internet are hateful and would never act like that in person.
People are being so unsympathetic because she's 1)Rich and married 2)People think that there are more important things to focus on. But she is a she is a human and she has feelings of course it's upsetting and I did feel sympathy for her. I do believe that most of the hate she gets is due to jealousy.
Original post by loveleest
People are being so unsympathetic because she's 1)Rich and married 2)People think that there are more important things to focus on. But she is a she is a human and she has feelings of course it's upsetting and I did feel sympathy for her. I do believe that most of the hate she gets is due to jealousy.

This is exactly how I feel.

Tbh, if a normal person was in the same situation no one would say "Oh well, she is unharmed and now lets focus on more important things". It really is jealousy.
She is human, she has my sympathy because she didn't deserve to go through that.

Though I am not sure about jealousy since I wouldn't want attention of the world on me and everyone to expect me to pull off crazy stuff for publicity.

Spoiler

What are they jealous of?

If its welath, then why would they be jealous of hers and not someone elses?
Reply 16
kim kardashian gets held and gunpoint and the media goes crazy.

Syrian kids get held at gunpoint and actually get there brains blown out but no one cares.

I do sympathise with her, i mean shes a mother and a wife but the media is growing craaaaazy for no reason
yea people are jealous of her fake tits and ass woo look at mee I'm so inspirational
Yeah but people are in worse situations than that, the world needs to wake up like what @mkap said, spot on.
Original post by mkap
kim kardashian gets held and gunpoint and the media goes crazy.

Syrian kids get held at gunpoint and actually get there brains blown out but no one cares.

I do sympathise with her, i mean shes a mother and a wife but the media is growing craaaaazy for no reason

This stuff annoys me the most.

The media, media bias, people of this generation, governments, isis, instability etc are to blame.

It's all good and well to make that comparison, but at the end of the day no one is giving a **** for most of the time and most people get on with their daily lives forgetting all about Syria and suddenly when something terrible happens to a privileged person, miraculously everyone starts remembering war torn countries and world hunger, the homeless and the poverty stricken and people who are done wrong in this world.

All I'm saying is, if people actually gave a **** and didn't just bring up it up (for their own ego) to make kim kardashian sound like a spoilt, whiney brat then maybe something would already been done about all of this.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest