The Student Room Group

I got C in GCSE English.

I got C in GCSE English, because I came from Italy 2 years ago. I'm doing 5 A-levels, which are maths, chemistry, biology, physics and Italian. Will Imperial College accept me if I get A*AAAA? Imperial College wants B in English. I might do chemical engineering.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Labib98
I got C in GCSE English, because I came from Italy 2 years ago. I'm doing 5 A-levels, which are maths, chemistry, biology, physics and Italian. Will Imperial College accept me if I get A*AAAA? Imperial College wants B in English.

It depends what you got in your other GCSE's. A*AA is their minimum offer you have a better chance of you get higher at A-Levels.
Reply 2
Original post by Shazen
It depends what you got in your other GCSE's. A*AA is their minimum offer you have a better chance of you get higher at A-Levels.

I did only 5 GCSEs, I got A*in maths and physics and A in biology and chemistry.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Labib98
I did only 5 GCSEs, I got A*in maths and physics, A in biology and chemistry.

I think imperial needs more GCSE's at A/A* grades.
This is a question I was wondering and I emailed them asking would that hinder my chances.

They said it will not affect your application at all but if you do get an offer they'll make you do a further test for english which you have to get a certain score on :smile:

So don't worry! Just smash your AS and have a very good personal statement and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Shazen
I think imperial needs more GCSE's at A/A* grades.

I didn't do my GCSEs in secondary school as I came too late to the UK, I sat them in a college.
Original post by Labib98
I didn't do my GCSEs in secondary school as I came too late to the UK, I sat them in a college.

Oh. If you were an international student they will give you a test for English.
Original post by Labib98

Email Imperial College about this and see what they say. They don't really care about GCSEs, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest