The Student Room Group

Has she lost interest?

I met this girl at a party (before uni) and we basically kissed, made out, touched, held hands etc and we were chatting a few times a day (sending each other really long texts full of emoji and stuff) consistently for a week. We did meet up a couple of times in person again over the week (over dinner/drinks, but I never explicitly called them dates), and ended up having sex so we were pretty close for that week.

However, we've both now started uni (on opposite sides of the country) and now she takes a few days to reply and our texts have become shorter and shorter. I can tell she's online on Facebook as she share posts which appear on my news feed and stuff but I can't tell if she's ignoring me or playing 'hard to get' or just really busy. What should I do? When she replies, the texts are shorter but with emoji, and she does ask one question or so but not sure if that's just because she's being nice...
Original post by Anonymous
I met this girl at a party (before uni) and we basically kissed, made out, touched, held hands etc and we were chatting a few times a day (sending each other really long texts full of emoji and stuff) consistently for a week. We did meet up a couple of times in person again over the week (over dinner/drinks, but I never explicitly called them dates), and ended up having sex so we were pretty close for that week.

However, we've both now started uni (on opposite sides of the country) and now she takes a few days to reply and our texts have become shorter and shorter. I can tell she's online on Facebook as she share posts which appear on my news feed and stuff but I can't tell if she's ignoring me or playing 'hard to get' or just really busy. What should I do? When she replies, the texts are shorter but with emoji, and she does ask one question or so but not sure if that's just because she's being nice...

In my opinion, she kind of lost her interest as she went to another uni and might have met some other dude in that uni. Don't get me wrong, if you guys had sex in the first week probably made your bonds stronger but you guys are very far from each other maybe she found someone else. Or she might not have enough time because being in a uni is hard trust me!
Reply 2
Original post by A* levels
In my opinion, she kind of lost her interest as she went to another uni and might have met some other dude in that uni. Don't get me wrong, if you guys had sex in the first week probably made your bonds stronger but you guys are very far from each other maybe she found someone else. Or she might not have enough time because being in a uni is hard trust me!

Ah right :/ .Its only been freshers so far, so I didn't think she would've found someone else by then! She said work would make it difficult to make things more serious but she genuinely seemed interested in meeting up at Christmas (the day before we both left for uni). Do you think I should give at a week or so to see if she starts replying more or just give up now?
Original post by Anonymous
Ah right :/ .Its only been freshers so far, so I didn't think she would've found someone else by then! She said work would make it difficult to make things more serious but she genuinely seemed interested in meeting up at Christmas (the day before we both left for uni). Do you think I should give at a week or so to see if she starts replying more or just give up now?

It's better if you give it a few weeks because we don't know what she is doing. She might be genuinely busy, from what you told me it sounds like she is into you (meeting each other in Christmas etc...) If she is into you then she will message you more frequently. After a few weeks, if this situation carries on ask her why she is giving you slow replies and talk to her honestly as this should help both sides.
You might have thought you two were close but did she feel the same?

Going to uni really opens up people's eyes because they are exposed to a whole new group of people; she may want to build on a relationship with someone else who she has more interests with.

Also, if she is playing hard to get then you should just get rid of her. There is no point keeping someone who toys with people's emotions.
"Also, if she is playing hard to get then you should just get rid of her. There is no point keeping someone who toys with people's emotions."

If some girls are into the guy they will play hard to get because they want to see if they are really down for them so its up to you man
=A* levels;67938582]"Also, if she is playing hard to get then you should just get rid of her. There is no point keeping someone who toys with people's emotions."

If some girls are into the guy they will play hard to get because they want to see if they are really down for them so its up to you man

In this circumstance, it is not wise of her to play hard to get. It has put him in a position where he doesn't know whether the girl wants him or not. The girl should be clear instead of messing around with him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't want to be a **** but yeah I don't think you're getting anything serious, doing LD in your first year is a bit silly
Original post by Applepiex3
You might have thought you two were close but did she feel the same?

Going to uni really opens up people's eyes because they are exposed to a whole new group of people; she may want to build on a relationship with someone else who she has more interests with.

Also, if she is playing hard to get then you should just get rid of her. There is no point keeping someone who toys with people's emotions.

At the end of the day it is his life, we are here to give him some suggestions of our own opinions. What if she is into him but does not know if it's the right time or not? Girls love to test boys, this may be a test we do not know.
Reply 9
Thanks guys for the help! At the time, I'm pretty sure she was interested as she did imply it in our texting (before uni), but the amount of texting did drop significantly before uni. But why would a girl get this close if they weren't looking for a relationship? I've never been in one before so how am I supposed to react to all this- do I give her time like a couple of weeks (another chance) and how am I supposed to respond if she's playing hard to get? Just carry on as nothings changed? From our texting, there doesn't seem to be any indication anythings wrong so far (just the shorter texts, which used to be a few paragraphs long initally and are now just a paragraph or so).
It dropped significantly after she left for uni, I mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending