The Student Room Group

Do you actually believe in banning Muslims from entering the UK?

Poll

Do you think we should ban Muslims from entering the UK?

Like do you actually want a ban on Muslims and people from the Middle East from entering the UK?

I was wondering whether TSR agrees or disagrees with this surprisingly popular view

Scroll to see replies

If they are religious fanatics then they shouldn't be allowed to come.

Other than that, idc.
Yes, there have been so many Islamic terror atatcks recently and we can't possibly believe that letting in more Muslims is going to prevent Isalmic terrorism. Muslims are great people overall but we do need to do something about Islamic terrorism.
Fanatics hell no, others yeh. Do some sort of a test to see how well they can integrate for like a month or something as well.
There are no merits to this. Think about it. If anything it helps organizations such as ISIS who promote the narrative that the West is raging war against Islam. If any such ban were to be implemented, radicalization and recruiting would increase. It would also ruin prospects for Muslims that don't prescribe to extreme ideologies, that are coming here for genuine reasons such as to learn and work which helps the economy.

No one wants that.
Original post by The_JoKeR
Fanatics hell no, others yeh. Do some sort of a test to see how well they can integrate for like a month or something as well.

So we should not ban fanatics but we should ban other Muslims? I hope you meant "fanatics hell yeh, others no"
Probably no, there's no way of finding out whether someone's Muslim really. Taqiyyah allows Muslims to say they're not Muslims in some situations.
Original post by squish562
So we should not ban fanatics but we should ban other Muslims? I hope you meant "fanatics hell yeh, others no"

Yes my mistake, I was answering whether they should be allowed in or not
Reply 8
I think we should have better screening processes to make sure that the Muslims we let don't hold extremist views.
Not sure, might be a bad idea
No, we aren't all bad people :smile:
Original post by squish562
Probably no, there's no way of finding out whether someone's Muslim really. Taqiyyah allows Muslims to say they're not Muslims in some situations.

No one does that unless it's life or death, and even if they were under threat of death most people wouldn't deny being Muslim.
As a member of the group you want to ban, obviously i wouldn't support it.
I do not like Islam. I do not like religion. However, that doesn't mean I don't tolerate Muslims and nor does it mean I don't tolerate religions.

I know there's a lot of hate being directed towards Muslims as a result of rampant Islamic terror, but to blame an entire people for the actions of a small section of its adherents goes against the fundamental pillars which make western society the most envied in the world. I'm not going to defend Islam, but I will defend Muslims who want to practice their religion while also contributing to the betterment of society.

In saying that, there's no doubt that (some) British Muslims harbour views which are completely unacceptable. According to a poll conducted by Channel 4: over fifty percent of all Muslims said they want homosexuality made illegal, nearly forty percent said a woman should always obey their husband and around one in four said they would support the introduction of Sharia Law as part of the British judiciary process. If Muslims are to assimilate as part of British society, these backward conservative views need to be challenged. Fundamentally, the eradication of faith schools and emphasis on community cohesion will destruct the barriers which inhibit social unity and allow for all Britons to hold a monolithic sense of togetherness.

It seems to be unanimous that when we think of Islam we tend to think of countries like Saudi Arabia - where women can't drive - and Yemen - where young girls are forced into polygamous marriage; Iraq, Syria and Libya - countries which have been plagued with heinous dictatorships and are now infested with radical Islamic terror groups; and deprived hellholes like Niger, Mali and the Sudan in the north of Sub-Saharan Africa. However, I'd advice people to look at how different Muslim countries such as Tunisia - which has elected a secular, progressive government; Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE, Azerbaijan and Bosnia. Although these countries aren't perfect, they do challenge the narrative.

Should Muslims be banned? No. However, political correctness needs abandoned so an open and frank discussion regarding Islamic conservatism and social harmony can be brought to the open.
(edited 7 years ago)
Collective punishments are very wrong.
Reply 15
No
Original post by Mandem67
Like do you actually want a ban on Muslims and people from the Middle East from entering the UK?

I was wondering whether TSR agrees or disagrees with this surprisingly popular view

No. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Original post by biglad2k16
Yes, there have been so many Islamic terror atatcks recently and we can't possibly believe that letting in more Muslims is going to prevent Isalmic terrorism. Muslims are great people overall but we do need to do something about Islamic terrorism.

What method would you propose for identifying Islamic individuals? (my point is, there are none)
Nah lol
The results are just shocking... I can't believe there are so many people who would shun an entire community based on bigotry :/
Original post by Defraction
If they are religious fanatics then they shouldn't be allowed to come.

Other than that, idc.

How would you determine one to be a "religious fanatic"?

Quick Reply

Latest