The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do I put all 4 of my A-Levels as Pending? And just put down the grades for my ASs and GCSEs?
I'm in my second year of College, achieved D* on my first year BTEC IT Extended Diploma. The qualification I received for the first year was a BTEC Subsidiary (only 6 units were marked last year; 12 will be sent off towards the end of this year.)

How should I input my qualifications? Do I put in both the Subsidiary I achieved along with the Extended Diploma I'm expected to qualify for? Or just the Extended??
Original post by Looking4Uni
I'm in my second year of College, achieved D* on my first year BTEC IT Extended Diploma. The qualification I received for the first year was a BTEC Subsidiary (only 6 units were marked last year; 12 will be sent off towards the end of this year.)

How should I input my qualifications? Do I put in both the Subsidiary I achieved along with the Extended Diploma I'm expected to qualify for? Or just the Extended??

If you got a certificate for the subsidiary then include that too :smile:
Original post by amelienine
Do I put all 4 of my A-Levels as Pending? And just put down the grades for my ASs and GCSEs?

Read the first post in the stickied thread "Declaring grades".
Hey! :smile:

So I sat GCSE Maths in 2014 and achieved an A. I also sat it in 2015, but unfortunately it didn't go up a grade.

Am I still able to put down August 2014 as the date attained on UCAS?

Thanks.
Original post by TiernanW
Hey! :smile:

So I sat GCSE Maths in 2014 and achieved an A. I also sat it in 2015, but unfortunately it didn't go up a grade.

Am I still able to put down August 2014 as the date attained on UCAS?

Thanks.

You have to declare both results.
Original post by Muttley79
You have to declare both results.

Oh my god... that's going to be embarrassing. I actually did it 3 times. It was my school's teaching though, because only something like 3 of us got As, with no achieving A*... I got comfortably above 90% in my AS Level, but will the 3 sittings at GCSE make a bad impression?
Hey!

I sat the exam for this GCSE syllabus in June 2015: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathematics/gcse/mathematics-linear-b-4365

On UCAS I have the option of GCSE "Mathematics" or GCSE "Mathematics B". I'm slightly confused because on my results slip is just says "Mathematics (Linear) Tier H", but the component code is definitely the one for the link posted above. Which do I pick?

Thanks!
Sorry I'm still quite confused about all of this,
I took the Maths A Level in June 2016 - C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 M1

I'm retaking C3 and C4 but my school has cashed in the rest. How do I declare 4 modules when there is only space for 3 in the Maths AS Section? And would I still need to state that I took the whole A Level even if 2 modules are not cashed in?
Original post by TiernanW
Oh my god... that's going to be embarrassing. I actually did it 3 times. It was my school's teaching though, because only something like 3 of us got As, with no achieving A*... I got comfortably above 90% in my AS Level, but will the 3 sittings at GCSE make a bad impression?

They won't care.
Original post by amelienine
Sorry I'm still quite confused about all of this,
I took the Maths A Level in June 2016 - C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 M1

I'm retaking C3 and C4 but my school has cashed in the rest. How do I declare 4 modules when there is only space for 3 in the Maths AS Section? And would I still need to state that I took the whole A Level even if 2 modules are not cashed in?

Did you get an overall result/grade for the A level? If you did it means your school cashed in the full A level and you need to declare all six modules. If they didn't and only cashed in the AS then you only have an AS qualification to declare and need to enter C1 and 2 and the best of S or M which would have been used to grade your AS.
If they did cash in the A level, they will cash in again when they enter for the resits
Either way you need to enter a summer 2017 A level result pending.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 451
As I was completing the education section of my UCAS application, I realised I did not know how to give certain information.

First of all, I am a prospective international student from Argentina who has participated in several national and international olympiads in various subjects. Where should I put those qualifications? Should they be in "Other (International Non-EU Qualifications)"? Which information should I provide? For example, if I have been the first place nationally in a certain olympiad for two years, should I put both years or only the last one? How will they know the relative importance of each competition and how did they work?

I also had doubts with the exam board for GCSE/A level exams. My school told me it was CIE, but CIE is not on the options. Which one should I put?

With regards to English language, I am sitting for CAE in December. Should I still put my First Certificate results?

I am also taking the AS and A2 part of the A levels together in June next year. Should I put them separatedly?

Finally, I need to mark this section as complete before they email my referee. If I find later on that there is some missing information, can I still add it as long as I have not sent my application?

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with these queries. Thank you very much in advance.
Does anyone know what you do about the new linear AS levels on your UCAS application? For example, I took Biology as an AS in the summer just gone and got an A. But it's a linear course and doesn't count towards the actual A2. Does anyone know what you put on the UCAS application? (looking at people that have already applied for uni ie, Oxbridge and medicine) TIA
Original post by BethanyBrooks
Does anyone know what you do about the new linear AS levels on your UCAS application? For example, I took Biology as an AS in the summer just gone and got an A. But it's a linear course and doesn't count towards the actual A2. Does anyone know what you put on the UCAS application? (looking at people that have already applied for uni ie, Oxbridge and medicine) TIA

I don't think we have to say what we got for AS, most schools took the AS exams for the new spec but not every school did. Plus, there isn't a 2016 option for when we achieved the AS, on the UCAS website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I basically resat AS cause I know I did shockingly in my first year.. couldn't bring myself to go the the results day that year.. so I don't know what I got? I'm fairly confident it was all Us.. can I just put all Us then?

Secondly, just finished the first year of linear exams, since they don't count to anything do I need to declare them?
Awesome, that's great. I've obviously put maths down as a modular AS, because it's still a modular course.
Original post by littlemix012
I don't think we have to say what we got for AS, most schools took the AS exams for the new spec but not every school did. Plus, there isn't a 2016 option for when we achieved the AS, on the UCAS website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, that's great. I've obviously put maths down as a modular AS, because it's still a modular course. But all my other courses are linear and I wasn't sure
Original post by Coerce
I basically resat AS cause I know I did shockingly in my first year.. couldn't bring myself to go the the results day that year.. so I don't know what I got? I'm fairly confident it was all Us.. can I just put all Us then?

Secondly, just finished the first year of linear exams, since they don't count to anything do I need to declare them?

You need to find out what those as grades were and declare them. If you didnt take AS levels at all then know you dont.
Original post by claireestelle
You need to find out what those as grades were and declare them. If you didnt take AS levels at all then know you dont.

I retook AS level exams and there seems to be some confusion cause of the new spec if you're required to declare them
Original post by Coerce
I retook AS level exams and there seems to be some confusion cause of the new spec if you're required to declare them

If you have AS levels which you will have a certificate for, then declare them.

Latest

Trending

Trending