The Student Room Group

Dropping University - How Will This Affect My Student/Maintenance Loan?

Hello, I'm not enjoying university life too much and I'm really not feeling like I'll be able to stay and enjoy this place for a full four years. I'm considering dropping out (not right away, I'm planning on giving it a few more weeks to see if it gets any better). I'm just wondering how this would affect me financially, how much would I still have to pay out even if I wasn't attending?

Would I still need to pay for accommodation for an entire year? I'm currently living in student halls. Would I also still have to pay a full years tuition fee? I can pay back my entire maintenance loan without any issues so that shouldn't be a problem.
Original post by Chrome123
Hello, I'm not enjoying university life too much and I'm really not feeling like I'll be able to stay and enjoy this place for a full four years. I'm considering dropping out (not right away, I'm planning on giving it a few more weeks to see if it gets any better). I'm just wondering how this would affect me financially, how much would I still have to pay out even if I wasn't attending?

Would I still need to pay for accommodation for an entire year? I'm currently living in student halls. Would I also still have to pay a full years tuition fee? I can pay back my entire maintenance loan without any issues so that shouldn't be a problem.

Look into your tenancy agreement, it may have a break clause and should explain what would happen if you left the university. No, you'd just owe tuition for the first term at this point and you would pay that back from next April if you earned over 21k.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending