The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dorababy1995
Someone should make a facebook group for us! :smile:

There is a facebook group, if you search for university application 2017 it should come up :smile:
Name: Jess
Course: English Literature and Spanish
Where?: Exeter, Birmingham, Southampton, Nottingham and Sheffield
AS Grades + Subjects: English (A), History (A), Drama (A), Spanish (B)
A2 predicted: A*A*A (plus A* in EPQ)
Offers? Sent off my application a few days ago so fingers crossed! Not sure if they give them out on Saturdays but I'll be checking obsessively anyway!
Course: Medicineeeee :biggrin:
Universities: UCL, Kings, Southampton and Imperial
GCSE grades: AAAAAABBBB (pretty bad, I know :colondollar:)
AS grades (predicted/achieved): BB (German & Maths. I didn't do exams for Biology and Chemistry because they're reformed.)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*AA (Biology, Chemistry & Maths respectively)
UKCAT: 687 Band 3
Extra curricular: I've attended various events such as the Cambridge Medicine Masterclass, UCL Uni-Link, King's mini med-view intensive course, Imperial College School of Medicine Vision. I'm a prefect and I co-run a choir at my school and I'm doing a course on FutureLearn about cancer chemotherapy :biggrin:
Other: 1 week work experience in India in all wards, 1 week work experience in UK in paediatric ward, volunteering in an orphanage in India & Morocco for 1 week each, volunteering in the community by raising funds for Great Ormands Street Hospital
(edited 7 years ago)
With the Oxbridge Deadline nearby And uni offers start to trickle in.
When did you submit your application if you have already? If not when will you submit?
Have you received offers? Have any of your friends received offers.
Please mention the course you are applying to along with the Unis.
And also the offer that you recieved
(edited 7 years ago)
Application was submitted to UCAS earlier this week, no offers yet from UCL, Warwick, Liverpool, Bristol & Manchester. Although I got an acknowledgment email from UCL at 10pm last night. :biggrin:

Applying for biochemistry. And cellular & molecular medicine at Bristol. :smile:
Sent my UCAS on Tuesday, got acknowledgment emails from all my unis the day after I sent my application! No offers yet but UCL asked for further info which means they are looking at my application haha (pretty scary). I've heard Bristol answers quite quickly to applications so would be delighted to hear back next week from them. :smile:

Oh yes and my unis choices are for Natural Sciences at Cambridge, and then Physics and Maths at UCL, Exeter, Birmingham and Bristol :smile:
Original post by ahmed369
With the Oxbridge Deadline nearby And uni offers start to trickle in.
When did you submit your application if you have already? If not when will you submit?
Have you received offers? Have any of your friends received offers.
Please mention the course you are applying to along with the Unis.

I've finished my UCAS but my references aren't done yet....
I just want to receive one offer so I don't panic about having screwed up! :P

I'm applying for French and Italian ab initio at Leeds, Manchester, Cambridge, Liverpool and Lancaster. Leeds will probably end up being my first choice.
I submitted my application for Sport and Exercise Science on the 13th of September. I have 1 offer so far, from Nottingham Trent University, I need to get 128 UCAS points however if I make them my firm choice they will give me an unconditional. I'm still waiting to hear from: Loughborough, Surrey, Kent and Southampton Solent.
I got an offer yesterday and I still can't quite believe it!!
Original post by Ellie419
I got an offer yesterday and I still can't quite believe it!!

Me too, where from?
Original post by Aidan.reed
Me too, where from?

Nottingham Trent for Sport and Exercise Science. They gave me an offer 128 UCAS points. But they'll update it to an unconditonal if I make them my firm choice. What about you?
Course: Biomedical Engineering
Universities UCL, Kings College London, QUML, Glasgow, Aston
GCSE grades: AAAABBBBC
AS grades (predicted/achieved): A-Mathematics, A-Physics, B-Chemistry, B-Further Maths
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*AA/A*AB
Extra curricular: Prefect and work part-time
Other: 1 week work experience and Loughborough engineering experience
Original post by jesstheravendor
Name: Jess
Course: English Literature and Spanish
Where?: Exeter, Birmingham, Southampton, Nottingham and Sheffield
AS Grades + Subjects: English (A), History (A), Drama (A), Spanish (B)
A2 predicted: A*A*A (plus A* in EPQ)
Offers? Sent off my application a few days ago so fingers crossed! Not sure if they give them out on Saturdays but I'll be checking obsessively anyway!

Hello from a fellow Exeter English applicant! :smile:
Name: nicole
Course: Geology/Physical Geography
Where? birmingham, manchester, plymouth, exeter and .... haven't got a fifth one yet :colondollar:
AS grades+Subjects: ABB - english, geography & film!
A2 Predicted/Achieved: no clue what i'm predicted buut i'm hoping to coax my teachers for 3 A's
Offers: i've got the first few drafts of my personal statement soo i'm no where close to getting offers

i love reading everyones uni prep like its honestly the coolest thing to hear where everyone wants to go and that plus i'm nosey
Original post by Ellie419
I submitted my application for Sport and Exercise Science on the 13th of September. I have 1 offer so far, from Nottingham Trent University, I need to get 128 UCAS points however if I make them my firm choice they will give me an unconditional. I'm still waiting to hear from: Loughborough, Surrey, Kent and Southampton Solent.

When did you get the offer?
Out of curiosity, does anyone know which unis take into account POLAR3 scores when making offers?
Original post by trythis
Out of curiosity, does anyone know which unis take into account POLAR3 scores when making offers?

Google "[university name] contextual information"
Course: mathematics and philosophy
Universities: Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester:biggrin:
GCSE grades: 9A* 4A
AS grades (predicted/achieved): 4A ~ achieved
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): 3A* 1A ~ predicted
Other: so far, just a lot of "related reading", unless we're counting running and sleeping :tongue:

Have an offer from Bristol, still waiting for the others ~ best of luck to everyone!!!:h:
Name: Location: Manchester Course: Psychology C800 Where? Bristol,bath , nottingham, durham and UCL AS grades+Subjects: Geography A, Biology CA2 Predicted/Achieved: A*AA
Original post by dorababy1995
Hello from a fellow Exeter English applicant! :smile:

Hi! You're the first Exeter English applicant I've seen on here! The course there is so amazing and the uni was lovely too. Are you single or joint honours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending