The Student Room Group

I have a crush on a guy in my karate class.

As mentioned from the title, I go to karate class, and there's this boy who's a rank below black. He seems older than me, about 18-19 (I'm 17) and he's really tall and I find him very attractive. I'm going to call him J.
Now, I'm really shy but I definitely have a massive crush on J, because he seems really nice (and awkward), and he has a really cute smile and the BEST accent (not even joking, it's amazing), but I've never mustered up the courage to talk to him because I'm so shy and it's killing me! Especially the idea that he might move to a different class timing once he gets his black belt makes me want to just bite the bullet but if I do, I just don't know what to say.
Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated. x
"Hey! I'm *insert name*. How are you? How are you finding the class? When's your grading? How long have you been doing karate? Do you wonna hang out after class? Could you give me some tips to improve?"

Not all at once though.
You have common ground, loads of easier conversation starters just say Hi to him and say you see him around, pay him a compliment at some point and see how he responds.
Offer to show him your best/favourite grip

Spoiler

It doesn't really matter what you say. If you don't talk to him and he moves, you will always wonder 'What if?'
Original post by Emily Porter
It doesn't really matter what you say. If you don't talk to him and he moves, you will always wonder 'What if?'

Original post by Marshall Taylor
Offer to show him your best/favourite grip

Spoiler

Original post by Pizzabomb
You have common ground, loads of easier conversation starters just say Hi to him and say you see him around, pay him a compliment at some point and see how he responds.

Original post by donutellme
"Hey! I'm *insert name*. How are you? How are you finding the class? When's your grading? How long have you been doing karate? Do you wonna hang out after class? Could you give me some tips to improve?"

Not all at once though.

Thanks so much for all your help! I actually talked to him, and I asked him about how long he'd been doing the art for, and he said five years and (I think) he smiled a lot and he seemed really open to conversation, and it all went great until my instructor barged in and said that that wasn't the average time it takes to earn a black belt, and J hadn't been showing up for classes a couple years ago (I think it was to dissuade me from thinking that it takes THAT long to be an expert).
J seemed pretty confused tbh, but when my instructor left, I introduced myself to J quickly and shook hands. Again, I think he smiled a lot, and seemed a bit puzzled by my introduction but told me his name nevertheless. Thoughts and ideas about what to do next? Should I approach him again or should I wait?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by keepyourapology
Thanks so much for all your help! I actually talked to him, and I asked him about how long he'd been doing the art for, and he said five years and (I think) he smiled a lot and he seemed really open to conversation, and it all went great until my instructor barged in and said that that wasn't the average time it takes to earn a black belt, and J hadn't been showing up for classes a couple years ago (I think it was to dissuade me from thinking that it takes THAT long to be an expert).
J seemed pretty confused tbh, but when my instructor left, I introduced myself to J quickly and shook hands. Again, I think he smiled a lot, and seemed a bit puzzled by my introduction but told me his name nevertheless. Thoughts and ideas about what to do next? Should I approach him again or should I wait?

Thats good! Yeah just talk to him again at some point :smile:

Defo approach him again! Ask him out for a drink or something :smile:

Surprise him with the kancho technique.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending