The Student Room Group

A-level Biology and Chemistry revision

I just started my A-levels and i was wondering if there are any videos or revision materials for AQA A-level biology and chemistry. So does anyone know or have any good revision for biology and chemistry A-level??

Scroll to see replies

a-levelchemistry.com

alevelbiology.com

E Rintoul on Youtube

CGP
chemguide is life :yep:
I did the previous specification for AQA A level biology. One revision guide that stands out to me is this one which I found to be concise but very detailed and clearly set out:

They have written new ones for the new specification so would recommend checking them out. :smile:

One of my friends found a website called Vbiology very useful for his revision. It has revision materials for AQA A level biology.

I didn't study chemistry so can't give advice about revision materials on the subject.
Reply 4
Thank You :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TimidPhoenix
I did the previous specification for AQA A level biology. One revision guide that stands out to me is this one which I found to be concise but very detailed and clearly set out:

They have written new ones for the new specification so would recommend checking them out. :smile:

One of my friends found a website called Vbiology very useful for his revision. It has revision materials for AQA A level biology.

I didn't study chemistry so can't give advice about revision materials on the subject.

Do you know whats the difference between these CGP books and which one is better?
This: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student/books_a_level_biology_aqa.book_BAR53 OR: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student/books_a_level_biology_aqa.book_BATB52
Original post by sweet19

The one in the picture is the full book . It should have almost everything (if no everything ) you need to know. The ones in the link you post are the revision guides their like shorten versions of the one above. Only get those is you want them for last minute (more like last week or more) revision.
I suggest u get the ones in the picture of the above poster though more information but not too much information.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweet19

I agree with GabbytheGreek_48.

The books I got went through the entire specification. The one that you posted doesn't tend to have everything and doesn't go into too much detail, in my opinion.
Reply 8
Has anyone bought the snap revise videos. How good are they? im thinking about getting them but i dont know if they are very good
Reply 9
Original post by sweet19
Has anyone bought the snap revise videos. How good are they? im thinking about getting them but i dont know if they are very good

E Rintoul's videos are very good, but from my experience he doesn't have that many according to the syllabus, if you are doing OCR, AQA or Edexcel, then snap revise is amazing. It covers all videos thoroughly and one of the teachers are at Cambridge, and the other is studying medicine , both with A*s in chemistry:smile:Ive been watching their videos for 2 days and I'm fully understanding the 2 topics that i have covered:awesome:
My son is doing A2 Edexcel Biology and Chemistry this year. (Achieved A grade at AS). Are there any youtube videos/free online that he can watch? He has enough books! Many thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweet19

I like them.
Reply 12
Would you recommend buying Snaprevise then?
The more expensive student books are more like textbooks (we work out of them at school and they are brilliant) but the cgp revision guides are also really good, as are the websites mentioned above. Teachers I'm sure will also have a lot of information that can help with revision - I have a chem teacher who has, since the start of year 12, helped us make revision cards for each topic as we finish it and that's really helped us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
The more expensive student books are more like textbooks (we work out of them at school and they are brilliant) but the cgp revision guides are also really good, as are the websites mentioned above. Teachers I'm sure will also have a lot of information that can help with revision - I have a chem teacher who has, since the start of year 12, helped us make revision cards for each topic as we finish it and that's really helped us

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean the CGP textbooks?
Original post by Ginertain
Do you mean the CGP textbooks?

Yeah effectively that's what they are, but i think they are on the CGP website as "student books"
t=4496800#primary_content
Original post by sweet19

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?
Yeah ive had snap revise for a few months now. The videos are decent, quite professional and simple to understand. Also, you get about 200 pages of notes per subject and you are allow to access the content for two years for about £20.

Hope this helps!
Hi, does anyone have access to the AQA AS biology notes from snaprevise? If anyone does, would they mind sharing them with me? Pleaseee :redface:

Thank you,

Becca

Quick Reply

Latest