The Student Room Group

I feel sooo old :(

Scroll to see replies

If you are under the age of 30, you are young.

If you are under the age of 60, you are not old.

Relax, stop worrying and enjoy your youth while you still can.
I'm 26, but people think I'm 18/19. :mmm:
I'm 23 and look about 16 :frown:
Original post by Foo.mp3
**** you all, try being my age! :shakecane:

Guys have it easier:rolleyes:
Some men become hotter as they age
I'm 24 and have to dye my hair now to cover my greys instead of covering my natural colour. I feel old :cry2:
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm 18 (19 in December) and I just feel and look really old for my age, I have been told be various people that I look like I am at least late 20s someone once even guessed at 33!
Although it has it's advantages, for example never being asked for ID or anything it is starting to get me down. I look so much older than my peers I have a pretty full beard, receding hairline, copious amounts of body hair, I am also 6 feet 2 and 92KG meaning I am quite a bit bigger than most of my peers. It also means I have a harder time getting girls because they think I am so much older.
Any advice please? :frown:

Lose the beard. People generally look older when they have a full beard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Guys have it easier:rolleyes:
Some men become hotter as they age

Yes but girls don't go bald as they get older do they.
This thread is useless without photos.
Yes but girls don't go bald as they get older do they.

Not really but thinning hair?
Original post by sleepysnooze
you're only 18? I'm 23 in about 2 weeks...you have your youth - cherish it

Spoiler

No kidding, you come across as 30 or older, you're really bitter for a 22 year old and have serious women issues, judging from your replies on other threads
I'm 26, but people think I'm 18/19. :mmm:

Is this who I think it is? :hmmm:
Original post by Judge Jules
No kidding, you come across as 30 or older, you're really bitter for a 22 year old and have serious women issues, judging from your replies on other threads

yeah, I mean, this is terribly fascinating for you to have suggested, but I'm going to have to beg to differ. you are most likely just a lonely, sad little girl who is deeply inadequate and cannot cope with people that hold different opinions (better opinions, usually). I wish I could respond a little more specifically but you're not giving me much material with your obviously too-vague accusations. I mean, "serious women issues" - is this you trying to call me misogynist or some ****? I only get called that by the lowest kind of bigots so it literally means nothing to me. or are you saying that I don't sleep with enough of them? because again I'm going to have to happily disagree. I mean, again, you're not being precise enough to convey a proper meaning here - are you saying that I'm a misogynist while also saying I don't sleep with enough women? I thought little things like you thought that having sex with women was sexist or some ****? you're to kind of class that thinks that women can't consent while drunk while being mentally equal to men, whom, somehow, *can* consent while drunk, de facto. I won't continue because I can't be bothered to entertain a needy little girl like you like this at length. it's getting really weird if I'm honest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Basically I'm 18 (19 in December) and I just feel and look really old for my age, I have been told be various people that I look like I am at least late 20s someone once even guessed at 33!
Although it has it's advantages, for example never being asked for ID or anything it is starting to get me down. I look so much older than my peers I have a pretty full beard, receding hairline, copious amounts of body hair, I am also 6 feet 2 and 92KG meaning I am quite a bit bigger than most of my peers. It also means I have a harder time getting girls because they think I am so much older.

You should do a survey or a poll if your at uni / college. Borrow a clipboard or buy one in the pound shop, bring pens( free pens in Barclays and other banks ), bring paper then you go up to all the girls even on the high street not just at uni and you ask them all a few questions, eg,
1) Do you prefer older or younger men ?
2) How old do you think i look ?
3) Should i shave off my beard ?
4) Would shaving my beard make me look younger ?
5) Would shaving my beard help me to get a girfriend ?
6) Would you date me ?
7) Can i have your number ?
or if their not willing to give it out ask for their email, snapchat, whatsapp, viber, etc

You need to do a poll where people can actually see you to give you truthfull answers and you can use it as a way of chatting girls up and trying to find a girlfiend this way as it's easier like this to just go up to talk to other people this way
You can say it's for uni or your own personal purpose and any body who has problems finding a partner or even friends can do the same thing as this breaks the ice and it's not as embarrassing if you get knock backs.
Single Males or females can do this if they find it hard meeting people.
But although i don't think you or anybody else will really have the balls to try this because everyone on here loves complaining about things but don't always do anything about it or take the advice other's give them and actually use it,
eg, most people told you to get rid of that beard because it ages men, I also believe you should too for exactly the same reasons but your response is no, i like it or your compromise is to have a stubble which is horrible also but you might have more chance of getting a girlfriend if you got rid of both unless you can find a girl that does like it

Well if you don't take the advice then good luck in staying single even longer but before you decide what is best to do you should do this survey first, see how many girls actually like beards then make your decision.
Wax all the body hair yourself or ask family member to help or get it done by a professional on a regular basis as most girls don't like hairy men.
yeah, I mean, this is terribly fascinating for you to have suggested, but I'm going to have to beg to differ. you are most likely just a lonely, sad little girl who is deeply inadequate and cannot cope with people that hold different opinions (better opinions, usually). I wish I could respond a little more specifically but you're not giving me much material with your obviously too-vague accusations. I mean, "serious women issues" - is this you trying to call me misogynist or some ****? I only get called that by the lowest kind of bigots so it literally means nothing to me. or are you saying that I don't sleep with enough of them? because again I'm going to have to happily disagree. I mean, again, you're not being precise enough to convey a proper meaning here - are you saying that I'm a misogynist while also saying I don't sleep with enough women? I thought little things like you thought that having sex with women was sexist or some ****? you're to kind of class that thinks that women can't consent while drunk while being mentally equal to men, whom, somehow, *can* consent while drunk, de facto. I won't continue because I can't be bothered to entertain a needy little girl like you like this at length. it's getting really weird if I'm honest.

Wow, I never expected that reply. I actually thought you would not reply back
I was just winding you up again for a laugh but i forgot you don't have a sense of humour and take everything so seriously but i just replied to you to get a reaction but didn't think you really would reply back because you stopped responding to me on that other thread
I missed you
But if i'm honest your reply is really weird
Wow, I never expected that reply. I actually thought you would not reply back
I was just winding you up again for a laugh but i forgot you don't have a sense of humour and take everything so seriously but i just replied to you to get a reaction but didn't think you really would reply back because you stopped responding to me on that other thread
I missed you

...ooooookaayyy then...? so your attempt to get a rise out of me is telling me that I have "serious women problems" and that I'm "very bitter" without any kind of endearing or humourous context...? what the **** - I don't think you know how to be funny...?because in this society that's not generally how you do it

But if i'm honest your reply is really weird

oh wow, so you've basically just used the word I used against you...back to me...how creative

Have you ever seen a series called Luke Cage ? I only started watching it last week and finised watching all the episodes, It's on Netflix or if you don't have that type it on any free film websites you know of or try Showbox, Putlocker, 123movies.to
Apart from the fact it was brilliant to watch also the actor in it looks so much younger and handsomer when he has a bald head and no beard. In flashbacks of him with hair and beard he looked horrible until he shaved it off
Maybe you can shave your head and go bald or you can wear a toupee or wig
Normally i'm not into bald men but i changed my mind when i saw him as there was such a big difference from when he had a beard and hair from when he shaved them both off.
...ooooookaayyy then...? so your attempt to get a rise out of me is telling me that I have "serious women problems" and that I'm "very bitter" without any kind of endearing or humourous context...? what the **** - I don't think you know how to be funny...?because in this society that's not generally how you do it

oh wow, so you've basically just used the word I used against you...back to me...how creative

But trying to get a rise out of you worked didn't it ?
I didn't think it would but you proved me wrong
Welcome back
But trying to get a rise out of you worked didn't it ?
I didn't think it would but you proved me wrong
Welcome back

...I assumed you weren't trying to get an aggressive rise...well, you kinda did, because you had a psychosomatic idea of "funny" and executed it - you've no doubt seen me being humorous on this website, but it wasn't ever with a pretext of "you're such a bitter, misogynist" statement from a total stranger

and to be honest I'm actually starting to think this is just a cover for you being blatantly rude now
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Is this who I think it is? :hmmm:

Probably not, I haven't announced my age on here or to anyone here.
...I assumed you weren't trying to get an aggressive rise...well, you kinda did, because you had a psychosomatic idea of "funny" and executed it - you've no doubt seen me being humorous on this website, but it wasn't ever with a pretext of "you're such a bitter, misogynist" statement from a total stranger

and to be honest I'm actually starting to think this is just a cover for you being blatantly rude now

Speaking of rude, why do all your replies have to be insulting and trying to put people down?
you should try reverse psychology by replying back with a nice, happy response instead of an angry, aggressive response which is totally uncalled for and
I am not trying to be rude but maybe your sense of humour is different from mine or just off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending