The Student Room Group

Help! Can't decide!

Hello,

I have to choose the subjects I want to take for A levels soon. I've decided on the following: Maths, Economics and Business Studies. I wanted to take either Physics or Chemistry as my fourth subject but I just can't decide what one to take. I don't exactly know what I would like to do when I'm older but I would want to choose the science that will leave several doors open for me.

Thank you! :smile:

PS. I'm in Year 11
Original post by BhavyaB
Hello,

I have to choose the subjects I want to take for A levels soon. I've decided on the following: Maths, Economics and Business Studies. I wanted to take either Physics or Chemistry as my fourth subject but I just can't decide what one to take. I don't exactly know what I would like to do when I'm older but I would want to choose the science that will leave several doors open for me.

PS. I'm in Year 11

Chemistry is fun!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Starlight2000
Chemistry is fun!!!

Yeah but so is physics. My school gets better results for Chemistry but then Physics would keep more options open for me
Original post by BhavyaB
Yeah but so is physics. My school gets better results for Chemistry but then Physics would keep more options open for me

Physics and maths do go well together
Good luck!!! :smile:
I would focus on get 3 strong A levels first.
Its not too early to think about what job you might like or degree you wnat to study.
Original post by BhavyaB
Hello,

PS. I'm in Year 11

I'm doing Chemistry this year and I am really enjoying it! Although it really depends on the teachers for me.
Reply 6
Original post by Starlight2000
Physics and maths do go well together
Good luck!!! :smile:

Thanks! I am taking Physics :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
I would focus on get 3 strong A levels first.
Its not too early to think about what job you might like or degree you wnat to study.

Thanks for the advice :smile: I've decided to take Physics
Reply 8
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
I'm doing Chemistry this year and I am really enjoying it! Although it really depends on the teachers for me.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah same, the Chemistry teachers at my school are amazing but I've decided on Physics as it would keep the option of engineering open for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest