The Student Room Group

Overwhelmed at University.

I have 30 hours of lectures a week, and I am expected to study between 25 - 30 hours outside lectures. I also hit the gym, but I have been having difficulty to keep up with my Bodybuilding lifestyle. Cooking all these meals, and hitting the gym etc. And I have no social anymore. Too much pressure.

Anyone got tips ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BuckFoy
I have 30 hours of lectures a week, and I am expected to study between 25 - 30 hours outside lectures. I also hit the gym, but I have been having difficulty to keep up with my Bodybuilding lifestyle. Cooking all these meals, and hitting the gym etc. And I have no social anymore. Too much pressure.

Anyone got tips ?

:toofunny:
Reply 2
Original post by stefano865
:toofunny:

I dont study in the UK. I study in Switzerland. The level of education is a little bit harder here compared to average universities in England. No wonder you guys do so bad internationally....
Original post by BuckFoy
I dont study in the UK. I study in Switzerland. The level of education is a little bit harder here compared to average universities in England. No wonder you guys do so bad internationally....

Despite having the best universities in Europe? K then
Original post by BuckFoy

fuming
Reply 5
Original post by BobBobson

I said average universities..
Original post by BobBobson

Reply 7
Original post by BuckFoy

Then cut down on body building, that's not exactly so important right now. Especially because the education is harder, you wouldn't want to end up being as bad as us Brits would you? :wink:
Reply 8
Why we going off topic? Can someone please HELP ME!???:console::console::console::console::console::console::console::console::console:
I study electrical and computer engineering in Germany, similar situation to yours, would appreciate good tips (I AM NOT skipping lectures!)
Reply 10
Original post by UWS
Then cut down on body building, that's not exactly so important right now. Especially because the education is harder, you wouldn't want to end up being as bad as us Brits would you? :wink:

I need Bodybuilding! Without it I am going to have social anxiety again
Original post by BuckFoy

Reply 12
Original post by BuckFoy

I said cut down, not get rid of it altogether. Education over here is sooooo bad though right?
Reply 13
Original post by AlwaysFitin'
I study electrical and computer engineering in Germany, similar situation to yours, would appreciate good tips (I AM NOT skipping lectures!)

I could technically skip lectures as I am a social science student, but what is even more annoying is that I need to go to the library to study as all the books are there. Moreover I am an ectomoprh which means I need to eat a lot. So overwhelmed. My parents are pushing me to get honors as well.
Reply 14
Original post by asmuse123

You dont need teraphy for social anxiety. It will hopefully fade away.
Reply 15
Original post by UWS
I said cut down, not get rid of it altogether. Education over here is sooooo bad though right?

Cut it down could be interpreted in different ways...You wont get that... UK Student..pff...
Original post by BuckFoy
I could technically skip lectures as I am a social science student, but what is even more annoying is that I need to go to the library to study as all the books are there. Moreover I am an ectomoprh which means I need to eat a lot. So overwhelmed. My parents are pushing me to get honors as well.

Everyone has to sacrifice something.

I am simply wanting to do well in my course and not going insane, I already suffer from bipolar and have schizophrenic tendencies, which makes it difficult to cope. I just want real tips to relax and balance the studies and workload.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BuckFoy
You dont need teraphy for social anxiety. It will hopefully fade away.

Considering you have to do body-building to not feel anxious in social situations and you're currently overwhelmed with university, counselling sessions seems like a good idea. They help many people, can't you ask your Swiss university to help you?
Original post by BuckFoy

Just because you have more lectures?

What do you mean by that?
Reply 19
Original post by asmuse123
Considering you have to do body-building to not feel anxious in social situations and you're currently overwhelmed with university, counselling sessions seems like a good idea. They help many people, can't you ask your Swiss university to help you?

verpiss dich

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending