The Student Room Group

Do your folks/elders in your family care if you drink?

Poll

Do you drink at home?

(Was gonna make a poll but cba right now)

No, my dad has even given me beer when I lived with him and got mad if I didn't drink with him (dunno why) he's also bought pints for me the few times I see him

My mum has stopped drinking but sometimes has wine that I actually buy for her, or that friends and relatives give her.

If I come home wasted my dad actually has cheered me on and me mum just feels my face and tells me to have a lie down :|

I'm not close with my other family at all these days but in the past we've got pissed together, mainly around holiday visits though.

Anyway, any of you? Or do I live with the Addams Family? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Nope I would be 🔪
My parents don't, in fact, they actively encourage it lol. My hardcore religious extended family wouldn't be too pleased though. :colone:
Reply 3
I have typical Asian parents so they hated it when I drink. They've become used to the fact that I went out a lot during uni and not at work. They still don't like it but oh well :wink:
Reply 4
I'm 24 and have lived away from home for about six years and my gran to this day still lectures me about drinking and looks down at me for consuming any form of alcohol :laugh: I think it's because I'm her only grandkid so she still and probably always will, see me as a kid and never as an adult.

My mum was fine with me drinking from age 15+. She used to buy me some alcopops with the shopping every week and at the weekend I'd sit in with her watching TV and had a couple of them. My mum always said she would rather I drank in front of her than behind her back in the woods or some strangers house :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
My parents don't, in fact, they actively encourage it lol. My hardcore religious extended family wouldn't be too pleased though. :colone:

What does your Jamaican nan think about this? :rofl:
Mother doesn't/wouldn't care. I come home from a night out either the next day or like 5/6 am in the morning absolutely steaming still. Doesn't cause any disturbance so she's fine with it.

Rah ...which side the Jamaican or English? :colone:
My dad is fine with me drinking as long as I don't get drunk. My mum is okay with it only during meal times with family and gets angry if my dad gives me an extra glass of wine.
Original post by Rhaenys10

She doesn't care lol. :rofl: :rofl:
I started weekend binging when I was 14 in my own house :rofl: We also used to go down our local on a Saturday night sometimes and the bar staff would just say to my mum "They can drink as long as you're buying". I no longer drink but everyone else in my family does parents included, so even if I did I wouldn't be getting lectures unless it looked like I was becoming an alcoholic I'm guessing :lol:
Original post by 0to100
Rah ...which side the Jamaican or English? :colone:

English lol. Jamaicans get the drink out even if it's like a 2 year olds party haha. :rofl:
She doesn't care lol. :rofl: :rofl:

I know :rofl: :rofl:
Was just thinking about Ttingtox...
I know :rofl: :rofl:
Was just thinking about Ttingtox...

He'll be here in a minute lol. :rofl:

you already now I ran outta reps for you...
English lol. Jamaicans get the drink out even if it's like a 2 year olds party haha. :rofl:

Lool my yardie neighbours have parties every

****ing

day

and if they dare miss one day...

it's every

****ing

weekend

Not gonna hate though, they invited us to bbqs and block parties all summer and at Brexit weekend lol
Original post by Eternalflames
My dad is fine with me drinking as long as I don't get drunk. My mum is okay with it only during meal times with family and gets angry if my dad gives me an extra glass of wine.

More lenient than many other people.

And so your dad is the cool one I see hehe
Original post by WoodyMKC
I started weekend binging when I was 14 in my own house :rofl: We also used to go down our local on a Saturday night sometimes and the bar staff would just say to my mum "They can drink as long as you're buying". I no longer drink but everyone else in my family does parents included, so even if I did I wouldn't be getting lectures unless it looked like I was becoming an alcoholic I'm guessing :lol:

same

My friend when I was younger had Jamaican parents and OMG, his mum bought back some Rum from Jamaica once and offered me some, I don't know the percentage but two shots and I could hardly f***ing walk :rofl:
Original post by 0to100
Lool my yardie neighbours have parties every

****ing

day

and if they dare miss one day...

it's every

****ing

weekend

Not gonna hate though, they invited us to bbqs and block parties all summer and at Brexit weekend lol

:rofl: rofl: one of my neighbours is like that lol.

Btw, even at funerals, it's the West Indian custom to make the wake a party lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending