The Student Room Group

Met up with a nice guy from POF but I find him too chubby

I was a little disappointed as I find him good looking facially but unfortunately chubby with loads of belly fat. It wasn't that obvious in pictures. He has a stone or two extra and it's not beer fat as he said he's not a drinker.

I think we will continue meeting, but I really don't think I can start anything physical with an overweight guy. I feel bad for having this preference, I feel fatophobic/fatist.

I'm not sure what I want from this thread. I just want to hear people's perspectives and/or advice

Scroll to see replies

Well, you've two options. See how it goes if you're the sort of person who physical attraction sometimes comes to later after getting to know a person better; or cut him loose now before he really falls for you and gets hurt. It's unfair to lead him on.

The latter sounds like the friendlier of the two if you really feel his weight is going to be something you can't get over.
Reply 2
If he's overweight and you don't find that attractive what's the point in stringing him along and meeting with him? I think you should cancel the meeting, you've already got doubts in your mind before the first date, it just seems pointless to continue things.
Reply 3
Once you go fat you never go back. :sexface:
Why do you feel the need to be shamefaced about what you find sexually attractive. If you don't fancy fatties, then you don't fancy fatties! It's not a hanging offence, and you shouldn't feel bad about it. That said, you shouldn't just blank him because he's fat, but I don't for one minute think you'd do that anyway.
Do you mean obese/ overweight or do you mean somewhat chubby?
Like 25-30% or 17-20%?

This will inform my rather pointless opinion.
@0to100 This is like that documentary you saw about the morbidly obese people meeting significant others online, and the other person stays because they're too nice :rofl:
Original post by Anonymous
I was a little disappointed as I find him good looking facially but unfortunately chubby with loads of belly fat. It wasn't that obvious in pictures. He has a stone or two extra and it's not beer fat as he said he's not a drinker.

I think we will continue meeting, but I really don't think I can start anything physical with an overweight guy. I feel bad for having this preference, I feel fatophobic/fatist.

I'm not sure what I want from this thread. I just want to hear people's perspectives and/or advice

"Fatophobic/fatist?"
Relly?
Reply 8
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Do you mean obese/ overweight or do you mean somewhat chubby?
Like 25-30% or 17-20%?

This will inform my rather pointless opinion.

Overweight. Could lose a couple of stone.

He said himself during the date that he needs to lose a stone.

It's such a shame because he has so much potential.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
If he's overweight and you don't find that attractive what's the point in stringing him along and meeting with him? I think you should cancel the meeting, you've already got doubts in your mind before the first date, it just seems pointless to continue things.

You did not read properly. I've met the guy already
Reply 10
You did not read properly. I've met the guy already

The point still stands. Don't meet up with him if you don't like the fact that he's overweight, simple as that. It achieves no purpose except leading him on.

If this is how you feel I think you should let him go. He deserves someone who can like him as he is; not if he changes.
Original post by Eternalflames
@0to100 This is like that documentary you saw about the morbidly obese people meeting significant others online, and the other person stays because they're too nice :rofl:

Oh right thaaaaat lol

Yea see this is how it starts. They meet online and in all the segments nearly they were always saying "I didn't know they were that big" lol
Original post by 0to100
Oh right thaaaaat lol

Yea see this is how it starts. They meet online and in all the segments nearly they were always saying "I didn't know they were that big" lol

That's unfortunate :rofl:

Yeah OP he could get even fatter, you're best leaving it here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Overweight. Could lose a couple of stone.

He said himself during the date that he needs to lose a stone.

You're either attracted to him or not.
I'm not attracted to overweight girls and I don't really see why people should be forced to find fatness appealing.

Is he in the process of losing weight atm? or is he pondering about it?
Original post by Eternalflames
That's unfortunate :rofl:

Yeah OP he could even fatter, you're best leaving it here.

:lolwut: as in he could gain more weight? That has scared me.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

Is he in the process of losing weight atm? or is he pondering about it?

I didn't ask more questions about the weighloss, I was worried about appearing a stuck up cow.
:lolwut: as in he could gain more weight? That has scared me.

Yeah, did you not consider that?
Weight can go either way
I didn't ask more questions about the weighloss, I was worried about appearing a stuck up cow.

If he brought it up, I don't see why asking about it would make you seem stuck up.

It's more about the method of inquiry rather than the actual question.
You can't help who you are attracted to and if you really feel you can't put his weight aside and have a physical and serious relationship with him then it's best to end it and not string him along.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending