The Student Room Group

Tesco festive colleague job

Hello Im 17, at sixth form and I have recently applied for a festive colleague job at a large Tesco store.
I was wondering If any of you have done this job before, as I am wondering about things such as :
What's said in the interview?
What to wear for the interview (male)
Is it a group interview?
What uniform do you wear for the job
And what does the job involve?
Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by alxlg
Hi! Does this mean you passed the online questionnaire? Just wondering if you could help out with some of the questions? pls pls its for a friend
yeah why not I'll see if can screenshot the answers
Reply 2
Original post by warratz10
Hey, I currently work at Tesco on a permanent part time basis and was employed last year as a temporary festive colleague as well. Trust me there's nothing to worry about the interview, I found it quite easy and standard tbh. It not a group interview just a standard 1 on 1 interview and lasts between 20-40 minutes (mine was shorter than my other colleagues). Its just mainly competency based questions i.e. tell me a time where you worked in a team, tell me a time where you overachieved, tell me a time where you gave good customer service; those are just three I can definitely remember them asking. Also they will ask about times you're available to work- make sure you say you're available practically the whole Christmas period and that you are flexible
(this is more or less more important than whatever you say in your interview tbh).

All in all its quite an easy interview and the manager that was doing mine was quite relaxed. My Tesco is looking to add 57 festive colleagues this Christmas so there's plenty of jobs to go round.

Thank you! :smile: that's helped a lot I'll look foward to hopefully an interview and If i renember and have one, I'll say how it's gone! Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Got the interview in an hour wish me luck!! 😬😬
Reply 4
Original post by Monsterpal
Got the interview in an hour wish me luck!! 😬😬

Good luck!!! 👍👍👍
Reply 5
Original post by alxlg
Good luck!!! 👍👍👍

Thank you it went really well I got offered a job and took it! The manager was lovely and so was everyone there :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you it went really well I got offered a job and took it! The manager wasn't lovely and so was everyone there :smile:

*Wasn't ....... #snigger :ahee:
Reply 7
Original post by Colinj451
*Wasn't ....... #snigger :ahee:

Oh no auto correct!! Grrrr 🙄🙄
Thank you it went really well I got offered a job and took it! The manager was lovely and so was everyone there :smile:

Congrats! :smile: I have an interview next week. What were the questions likes? Also, were you given any shift details at the interview, and if so, what is your starting date? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by charlottealevel
Congrats! :smile: I have an interview next week. What were the questions likes? Also, were you given any shift details at the interview, and if so, what is your starting date? :smile:

THANk you! And it was a group interview we first went to the customer service desk then waited at the cafe with the others (around 5 Moreno people). We then got taken to the back of the big Tesco and went to a classroom sorry of room, where we met the manager/interviewer. We said our name ect and filled in some sheets with The date on it and things such as health and availabilities which was a tick sheet. She then asked us some questions which we had to speak about to the group.
They were if I can remember correctly name something which makes you stand out from everybody else? What's something which you haven't wanted to do but you've done anyway and I can't remember the last one.
we then went into another room which was in the canteen and one by one the interviewer called us in to the room we were just in.

I don't know how everybody else's went but she said there were 2 F and F jobs which matched my times which I had ticked off on the sheet. So I chose one which matched my availability, and she offered me the job which I took. She also asked if we had any problems with health.

and that's about it but tomorrow I am going for my open day where we have to watch videos and do rumbling which is doing stuff with the cardboard my friend had told me who works there. (9am-6pm but you get paid) My interview was on Wednesday and I was meant to start on Sunday after tomorrow's open day thing. but I am busy on Sunday so I am starting on Tuesday.

I hope this helps and I am nervous but also excited about starting my new temporary job. 😬☺️Ps everyone ear says £7.22 ph I think it is!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by tajtsracc
Is this a one-to-one or a group interview?

Group
Reply 11
Tesco are normally very flexible! The store I work at just gave me a Saturday shift which means I have to do that every week but if I ever want any extra shifts during the week I can pick them up whenever I want to. (They do encourage you to do overtime but of course you only have to do your contracted shift if that's all you want to do.)
ohh i keep failing not sure what went wrong
GHC???
Reply 14
Yep like was said, they are flexible. Someone in my open day worked just weekends! Just finished my first shift. Wasn't too bad and wasn't to busy! Any questions about the f and f, feel free to ask!
monsterpal congraluation best of luck @)
I am interested in applying for this job at my local big Tesco, currently 16 and just started Sixth Form. What exactly do you do in this type of work since I am in need of a part time job and I feel like this would be my best option.
THANk you! And it was a group interview we first went to the customer service desk then waited at the cafe with the others (around 5 Moreno people). We then got taken to the back of the big Tesco and went to a classroom sorry of room, where we met the manager/interviewer. We said our name ect and filled in some sheets with The date on it and things such as health and availabilities which was a tick sheet. She then asked us some questions which we had to speak about to the group.
They were if I can remember correctly name something which makes you stand out from everybody else? What's something which you haven't wanted to do but you've done anyway and I can't remember the last one.
we then went into another room which was in the canteen and one by one the interviewer called us in to the room we were just in.

I don't know how everybody else's went but she said there were 2 F and F jobs which matched my times which I had ticked off on the sheet. So I chose one which matched my availability, and she offered me the job which I took. She also asked if we had any problems with health.

and that's about it but tomorrow I am going for my open day where we have to watch videos and do rumbling which is doing stuff with the cardboard my friend had told me who works there. (9am-6pm but you get paid) My interview was on Wednesday and I was meant to start on Sunday after tomorrow's open day thing. but I am busy on Sunday so I am starting on Tuesday.

I hope this helps and I am nervous but also excited about starting my new temporary job. 😬☺️Ps everyone ear says £7.22 ph I think it is!

Thank you so much! Hope your first shift goes okay! :smile: My interview is at 8pm on Wednesday!

How was the availability sheet laid out? Just I'm at uni so my lecture times change everyday, so I just want to figure out the best way to work out my availability! :smile:
Reply 18
yeah why not I'll see if can screenshot the answers

Please could you help me too with answers please? X
Can you please send a screenshot of the application questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending