The Student Room Group

Do you find Northerners and Scottish people less attractive

Some bird was saying it at a party, do you find us less attractive?? :P

Scroll to see replies

I like a Northern accent, but I'm picky about which ones.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I like a Northern accent, but I'm picky about which ones.

tell us :smile:
Reply 3
I find my fellow Scots attractive :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope
Reply 5
Original post by Spock's Socks
I find my fellow Scots attractive :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk why all girls love david Tennant :teehee:
Reply 6
No :/
Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Was never a big fan of him tbh :colondollar: I'm more of a Ewan McGregor kind of person :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Spock's Socks
Was never a big fan of him tbh :colondollar: I'm more of a Ewan McGregor kind of person :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ewan is pretty hot (no homo) :teehee:

What about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HepWgbh4GhY
tell us :smile:

Lancashire and Cheshire, and some Scottish ones. I generally do prefer Southern accents, however.
Admittedly yes.

But only initially before I get to know them.

Do they. Well he is a Dr...

(*****y dr who reference...)

And he's not that bad tbh.
Manc birds are all rite. Never really got on with the lads out there though...it's like I can tell they're a Manc a mile away.

I'm moving to Dingle in Liverpool soon so..we'll see how that goes
Probably a question of what you're used to.

You don't notice accents you have heard all around for for years. Southerners seem to feel Northern accents are funny or strange, but maybe because poor Southern actors often exagerate them unduly. By contrast a true Northerner like Sean Bean doesn't seem to have been damaged by his Handsworth, Sheffield accent at all - seems to add to his sex appeal?

Northerners however often consider Southern accents can be effete, snobby and showing lack of seriousness and /or intelligence ( Bertie Wooster) - maybe a throwback to when most industrial new ideas were coming out of the North rather than the South?
Scottish accents are brilliant imo. Nice deep voice w/that accent sounds fantastic.
Original post by 0to100
Manc birds are all rite. Never really got on with the lads out there though...it's like I can tell they're a Manc a mile away.

I'm moving to Dingle in Liverpool soon so..we'll see how that goes

I'll provide a warm welcome xxxx
Scottish accents are either brilliant or god awful. Imo it's usually on the bad side and I'm Scottish
Quite the opposite. I live in Scotland and find the men just :coma: Most people I've been super attracted to have been either Northern or Scottish. Prefer the accents too.
Original post by pickup
Probably a question of what you're used to.

You don't notice accents you have heard all around for for years. Southerners seem to feel Northern accents are funny or strange, but maybe because poor Southern actors often exagerate them unduly. By contrast a true Northerner like Sean Bean doesn't seem to have been damaged by his Handsworth, Sheffield accent at all - seems to add to his sex appeal?

Northerners however often consider Southern accents can be effete, snobby and showing lack of seriousness and /or intelligence ( Bertie Wooster) - maybe a throwback to when most industrial new ideas were coming out of the North rather than the South?

God I hate when that happens, the accent always goes south excuse the pun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending