The Student Room Group

Do you actually believe in banning Muslims from entering the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHallowvale
I'm not shying away from anything. I don't hold the same beliefs that you have hence I've asked you to provide justification for your own. I can't provide an answer for that. :facepalm:

People shame Muslims all the time. This forum is proof of that. You also have popular public figures like Richard Dawkins who are very critical of conservative Muslims and Islam. What is not accepted, and rightfully so, are people who go about shaming Muslims without any just reason or provocation. For example, the guy who approached a random Muslim in the street and asked her to justify Islamic terrorism.

people perhaps shame muslims more so on the internet, because the internet is more right wing than the non-internet world. because there is anonymity. because our state/society has engineered a culture of political correctness on the non-internet world, institutionally, and citizens are now under the impressiopn that they will be called bigots for merely having beliefs that conform to reasonable common sense.

How are we accepting anti-semitism, homophobia and violence relating to these two things? How are we tolerating Muslim grooming and rape gangs? May you provide examples of this acceptance?

because this new culture now has to accept muslim culture as legitimate, and muslim culture includes anti-semitism, and muslims themselves are certainly not the kind of people who self-police, or else we wouldn't have problems of anti-semitism in institutions such as the labour party, and we wouldn't have radicalisation within muslim communities.

And before you mention Rotherham, that isn't example of us ''accepting'' grooming and rape gangs. The scandal would never have developed into what it had been if we all believed ''well, it's just their culture!'' as you seem to think we do. Rotherham was the product of a **** council doing stupid things for stupid reasons. It isn't proof that the rest of the UK is like that.

but it DID happen because the police had that mentality, but not only that mentality, but a fear of being accused of being racist! but this is the thing you're not getting: it literally *is* their culture that they did this. islamic culture is a genuine rape culture.

I don't support faith schools, Islamic or otherwise, I don't care if some parts of the country look ''unrecognisable'' because of Muslim immigration

of course you ****ing don't - listen to you - you're telling me off for saying that islam is bad, essentially. you wouldn't care if half the country was muslim, because you look to muslims as a race, I can deduce from your attitude.

and, to be honest, you could dress up as gayly and as flamboyantly as possible, walk through some communities without a single Muslim and still be harassed.

not really - our political correctness culture has caused people, satisfactorily, to not be homophobes, but at the same time, our political correctness culture doesn't affect muslims. they look to our culture as an opportunity to trojen horse their intolerance as "just another culture", or a racial thing, so they can free ride upon our tolerance so they can propagate their own intolerance. muslims that hate the west, their liberties and their democracy, also appeal to courts of human rights to get away with criminal or intolerant behaviour - wouldn't you say that this was a classic demonstration of what I'm saying? muslims aren't passified but non-muslims are, because non-muslims have cultural guilt and muslims don't. and if you have an entire closed-off community that self-reinforce their intolerances, you are going to have a community where people are proud and comfortable with their prejudices and intolerances, because it is literally an aspect of that culture.

Is circumcision affecting the non-Muslim UK population? This is news to me. Do you have any more information on honour violence?

are you implying that society isn't effected by people abusing children? :| what is "society" to you? :| and what are you talking about? what information are you requesting? don't be so vague - don't be scared to be specific
Original post by sleepysnooze
people perhaps shame muslims more so on the internet, because the internet is more right wing than the non-internet world. because there is anonymity. because our state/society has engineered a culture of political correctness on the non-internet world, institutionally, and citizens are now under the impressiopn that they will be called bigots for merely having beliefs that conform to reasonable common sense.

because this new culture now has to accept muslim culture as legitimate, and muslim culture includes anti-semitism, and muslims themselves are certainly not the kind of people who self-police, or else we wouldn't have problems of anti-semitism in institutions such as the labour party, and we wouldn't have radicalisation within muslim communities.

but it DID happen because the police had that mentality, but not only that mentality, but a fear of being accused of being racist! but this is the thing you're not getting: it literally *is* their culture that they did this. islamic culture is a genuine rape culture.

of course you ****ing don't - listen to you - you're telling me off for saying that islam is bad, essentially. you wouldn't care if half the country was muslim, because you look to muslims as a race, I can deduce from your attitude.

not really - our political correctness culture has caused people, satisfactorily, to not be homophobes, but at the same time, our political correctness culture doesn't affect muslims. they look to our culture as an opportunity to trojen horse their intolerance as "just another culture", or a racial thing, so they can free ride upon our tolerance so they can propagate their own intolerance. muslims that hate the west, their liberties and their democracy, also appeal to courts of human rights to get away with criminal or intolerant behaviour - wouldn't you say that this was a classic demonstration of what I'm saying? muslims aren't passified but non-muslims are, because non-muslims have cultural guilt and muslims don't. and if you have an entire closed-off community that self-reinforce their intolerances, you are going to have a community where people are proud and comfortable with their prejudices and intolerances, because it is literally an aspect of that culture.

are you implying that society isn't effected by people abusing children? :| what is "society" to you? :| and what are you talking about? what information are you requesting? don't be so vague - don't be scared to be specific

Evidently people do have negative views about Islam and Muslims and do speak out about extremism and horrid behaviour, so what you're saying isn't true. I don't believe that people 'have' to accept Muslim culture, I think most people accept it because, by and large, it does not affect them. When it comes to homophobia, sexism, anti-semitism, etc, people are more critical of Islam.

Rotherham happened because the council and the police had that mentality. I agree, and I think that mentality is very bad. What I don't believe is this idea that everyone else has the same mentality.

I'm not telling you off for saying that Islam is bad. I'm not telling you off about anything. I do not think that Islam is good, I think it is bad like other religions of that kind. What I don't agree with is that Muslims are bad people, or bad enough for us to ban them from entering the country. I don't think that Muslims are a race either, nor have I called you racist.

When I ask for more information I'm asking for, say, data on how many Muslims have taken part in honour killings, male and female circumcision, anti-semitic and homophobic violence, grooming and rape gangs, etc. I've also asked for evidence that the UK public accepts these things.
No, people should be judged as individuals, not as a collective.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
No, people should be judged as individuals, not as a collective.

Finally a statement I agree with. So many people forget that Muslims are like Christians in the sense that not all of us are that religious like most people seem to see us as. And even if we were is there a problem with that? I mean most of us just want to to be able to get decent jobs ad do well in life. And i can't believe people actually judge us for the actions of a few. Yes, terrorism is an issue and should be tackled but it shouldn't be by banning a whole religion from a country which in reality wouldn't solve anything. And I think people forget that ISIS and these so called 'Islamic' terrorists are bombing Muslim and non-Muslims they'll bomb anyone just like when they did in Dhaka, Turkey Pakistan etc.
No.
Original post by squish562
Probably no, there's no way of finding out whether someone's Muslim really. Taqiyyah allows Muslims to say they're not Muslims in some situations.

There's an easy way to tell: bacon test.
Of course not. Jesus Christ
Reply 87
Original post by Defraction
If they are religious fanatics then they shouldn't be allowed to come.

Other than that, idc.

Define fanatic...
I mean, despite media... Islam teaches a whole load of peace and co-existence.
:ninja:

I mean...banning is infeasible and asking for terrorism because they're gonna be salty since they can't come lol

however stronger effective regulations on letting them in sure. And don't even ask why.
Reply 89
Original post by DarthRoar
I agree with this, but not just for Muslims. We should be banning the immigration of all cultures that hold beliefs opposite to those of our own. This includes Islam, but also many other cultures that come from the Middle East as they tend to be barbaric and intent on the unequal treatment of women, gays, etc.

Importing these people will not change their way of life to ours, but in fact our way of life to theirs.

You do realize, that most business (THAT GIVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JOBS) are not from the UK.

There are more immigrants from the UK than most countries....
Besides... I FULLY doubt that you are 100% from the UK, no other races in your blood.
Reply 90
Whilst we are on the topic, I suggest we create a poll to see if; arrogant, ignorant and hypocrites people should be removed from the UK.
Original post by SNK0
You do realize, that most business (THAT GIVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JOBS) are not from the UK.

There are more immigrants from the UK than most countries....
Besides... I FULLY doubt that you are 100% from the UK, no other races in your blood.

You're right, most of those companies and businesses are from here, Europe or America... not the Middle East. I have no problem with inner-European migration, as their cultures have the same values as ours.

My family come from a small farming village in Ireland, so unless you want to go back a few thousand years to the colonization of the English isles, I'm 100% from the UK.
Reply 92
Original post by DarthRoar
You're right, most of those companies and businesses are from here, Europe or America... not the Middle East. I have no problem with inner-European migration, as their cultures have the same values as ours.

My family come from a small farming village in Ireland, so unless you want to go back a few thousand years to the colonization of the English isles, I'm 100% from the UK.

ACTUALLY... America is outside of Europe... Most businesses are Middle Eastern, Asian. The UK is what it is now thanks to other countries...
Original post by biglad2k16
It's called a typing error you retard.

retard (n): a person who has a mental disability (often used as a general term of abuse).

Nope, fully healthy, in a grammar school, achieving top grades, thanks though.

Banning all muslims would mean stopping workers, friends, and contributors to the community away. My best friend, his sister’s and parent’s are both Syrian, they moved when his mom was pregnant with him. His sister’s and parents are all dentist’s or doctors. That’s 4 NHS workers gone from just one family, imagine how much contributions would be lost if we banned 1.6 billion people from entering our country. Huge economically illiterate and general dick move.
Original post by SNK0
ACTUALLY... America is outside of Europe... Most businesses are Middle Eastern, Asian. The UK is what it is now thanks to other countries...

That's funny, seeing as only 1% of UK businesses are foreign owned. Although they do contribute 29%, that's certainly not "most" as you suggested. Also, it's unlikely they'd all be from Eastern Europe and Asia. Proven wrong :smile:

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/business/economics-blog/2014/sep/11/uk-companies-foreign-owned
Reply 96
Original post by frankielogue
retard (n): a person who has a mental disability (often used as a general term of abuse).

Nope, fully healthy, in a grammar school, achieving top grades, thanks though.

Banning all muslims would mean stopping workers, friends, and contributors to the community away. My best friend, his sister’s and parent’s are both Syrian, they moved when his mom was pregnant with him. His sister’s and parents are all dentist’s or doctors. That’s 4 NHS workers gone from just one family, imagine how much contributions would be lost if we banned 1.6 billion people from entering our country. Huge economically illiterate and general dick move.

DUUUUDEE!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO

MADE ME LAUGH TOO MUCH!

Read only the first word... XD
Original post by SNK0
DUUUUDEE!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO

MADE ME LAUGH TOO MUCH!

Read only the first word... XD

XD

Well if we look at you first article it says, and I quote:

"Looking at a geographical breakdown, North America was by far the biggest owner, with 46pc of all foreign ownership.European investors owned 26pc, while those living in Asia held 16pc of quoted UK shares."

So we can see that 82% of that foreign investment is from Europe and America, only 16% from Asia, and there isn't even the Middle East mentioned at all. And you're saying most businesses are Middle Eastern and Asian?

Well, you provided the stats that just proved you wrong again. Also, 2014? 2 years doesn't really out date statistics.
Reply 99
Of course not! Muslims are individuals, just like eveyone else, and they should be judged on their words and deeds, just like everyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending