The Student Room Group

Do you actually believe in banning Muslims from entering the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Fair point about Middle East...
And again... When was the second?
True, two years do not out date stats... but they do change quite a bit depending on the economy.
I mean, within a year the Great Depression did happen...
We are kind of getting off topic. I would love to discuss this with you privately.
Reply 101
Original post by DarthRoar
Well if we look at you first article it says, and I quote:

"Looking at a geographical breakdown, North America was by far the biggest owner, with 46pc of all foreign ownership.European investors owned 26pc, while those living in Asia held 16pc of quoted UK shares."

So we can see that 82% of that foreign investment is from Europe and America, only 16% from Asia, and there isn't even the Middle East mentioned at all. And you're saying most businesses are Middle Eastern and Asian?

Well, you provided the stats that just proved you wrong again. Also, 2014? 2 years doesn't really out date statistics.

Post Script.
My initial statement stated that most business in the UK are not from the UK.
Reply 102
Original post by MemeworksStudios
Collective punishments are very wrong.
They are indeed.
Ironic really, that one of the fundamental tenets of Islam is the concept of collective punishment. And Muhammad set a rather unpleasant precedent with the massacre of the Banu Qurayza.
Reply 103
Original post by hoping4thebest
We should really get rid of the people that want to ban them
I think we should get rid of the people who want to get rid of people.
Reply 104
Original post by QE2
I think we should get rid of the people who want to get rid of people.

Hero!
Reply 105
Original post by QE2
They are indeed.
Ironic really, that one of the fundamental tenets of Islam is the concept of collective punishment. And Muhammad set a rather unpleasant precedent with the massacre of the Banu Qurayza.

It was actually a war between their two tribes.
Yes, most were killed, But only the men who ere fighting. Islam states that; no child, no women, no elder, no religious persons, no ill ridden persons or those who give up should be killed.

However, there are stories of some converting to Islam.
Reply 106
Original post by SNK0
It was actually a war between their two tribes.
Yes, most were killed, But only the men who ere fighting. Islam states that; no child, no women, no elder, no religious persons, no ill ridden persons or those who give up should be killed.

However, there are stories of some converting to Islam.
Not true. The Banu Qurayza were not involved in fighting against Muhammad. They had a treaty with Muhammad and he merely suspected them of being prepared to change sides if the tide changed (some claim that they supplied aid to his enemies but this is not supported by the hadith and later histories). They were besieged and surrendered on the condition that they would be treated fairly.
Every male above puberty was beheaded (several hundred). They determined if boys were old enough to be killed by checking for pubic hair. All the women and children were enslaved and all their property taken. The slaves were later exchanged with other tribes for arms and supplies.
Read Ibn Ishaq's biography for details, or Mubarakpuri's "the Sealed Nectar" or Lings' biography for a more modern read.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
No, people should be judged as individuals, not as a collective.
Does that mean I'm an infidel or not?
Reply 108
Original post by QE2
Not true. The Banu Qurayza were not involved in fighting against Muhammad. They had a treaty with Muhammad and he merely suspected them of being prepared to change sides if the tide changed (some claim that they supplied aid to his enemies but this is not supported by the hadith and later histories). They were besieged and surrendered on the condition that they would be treated fairly.
Every male above puberty was beheaded (several hundred). They determined if boys were old enough to be killed by checking for pubic hair. All the women and children were enslaved and all their property taken. The slaves were later exchanged with other tribes for arms and supplies.
Read Ibn Ishaq's biography for details, or Mubarakpuri's "the Sealed Nectar" or Lings' biography for a more modern read.

My apologies... Wrong tribe.
I was talking about the Quraysh... Not sure about the Banu Qurayza . But what I was talking about was about the Quraysh. Sorry again.

Thank you for the reading suggestions.
Reply 109
Original post by Kyou
It's not. Hence why countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq have outlawed it. Unless you take Saudi Arabia to be the only 'true' Muslim country, when we all know the numerous barbaric things they do to their citizens daily.
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar :
The Jew brought to the Prophet a man and a woman from amongst them who have committed adultery. He ordered both of them to be stoned, near the place of offering the funeral prayers beside the mosque." - Sahih Bukhari 23:413

Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, I will judge between you according to Allah's Laws. The slave-girl and the sheep are to be returned to you, your son is to receive a hundred lashes and be exiled for one year. You, Unais, go to the wife of this (man) and if she confesses her guilt, stone her to death." Unais went to that woman next morning and she confessed. Allah's Apostle ordered that she be stoned to death. - Sahih Bukhari 50:885

There are more.

Of course, there are sects who reject such hadith. If you belong to one of those, then you have a point. However, the vast majority accept them, yet some still reject the idea of stoning adulterers. And thus we have the strange situation of some Muslims regarding their own morality as superior to that of Allah and Muhammad. :dontknow::confused:
Reply 110
Original post by QE2

http://1000gooddeeds.com/2012/11/20/10-islamic-rules-of-war/

Back then a child was a pre-pubescent person. My point still stands; Islam states that; no child, no women, no elder, no religious persons, no ill ridden persons or those who give up should be killed.
Reply 111
Original post by SNK0
My apologies... Wrong tribe.
I was talking about the Quraysh... Not sure about the Banu Qurayza . But what I was talking about was about the Quraysh. Sorry again.

Thank you for the reading suggestions.
Here is a summary
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza
but as I know that some people have an immediate distrust of Wiki, the books I mentioned (all written by Muslims) give a full account.
Reply 112
Original post by QE2
Here is a summary
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza
but as I know that some people have an immediate distrust of Wiki, the books I mentioned (all written by Muslims) give a full account.

Yeah, I was definitely mistaken then.
Never knew about the Banu Qurayza before, thank you for this insight.
Reply 113
Original post by SNK0
http://1000gooddeeds.com/2012/11/20/10-islamic-rules-of-war/

Back then a child was a pre-pubescent person. My point still stands; Islam states that; no child, no women, no elder, no religious persons, no ill ridden persons or those who give up should be killed.
And yet, Muhammad authorised the execution of hundreds of prisoners who had voluntarily surrendered.

And personally, I would consider a boy who had just started to sprout pubic hair to be a "child". But then, Islam considers anyone who has displayed the first signs of puberty (first period, pubic hair, wet dream) to be an adult and liable to treatment as such. Which is why there is the issue with child marriages in Islam. After all, Muhammad consumated his marriage with Aisha when she was 9 years old.

Also, muhammad ordered the assassination Asma bint Marwan, because she had publicly insulted him (again, see Ibn Ishaq).

The statements "Islam forbids x" often do not tally with the behaviour of Muhammad. Kind of a "do what I say, not do what I do" sort of thing.
Reply 114
Original post by QE2
And yet, Muhammad authorised the execution of hundreds of prisoners who had voluntarily surrendered.

And personally, I would consider a boy who had just started to sprout pubic hair to be a "child". But then, Islam considers anyone who has displayed the first signs of puberty (first period, pubic hair, wet dream) to be an adult and liable to treatment as such. Which is why there is the issue with child marriages in Islam. After all, Muhammad consumated his marriage with Aisha when she was 9 years old.

Also, muhammad ordered the assassination Asma bint Marwan, because she had publicly insulted him (again, see Ibn Ishaq).

The statements "Islam forbids x" often do not tally with the behaviour of Muhammad. Kind of a "do what I say, not do what I do" sort of thing.

Dammit, can't give any more reps.
I do agree, but I still do not believe all the statements 100%.
No Muslims shouldn't be banned from entering the UK

However certain scholars should be banned from entering the UK and ideologies such as Wahhabism / Salafism shouldn't be allowed to be taught in the UK and their books should be banned too

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Well lets be honest here it would almost certainly solve our terrorism problem.Would also probably solve our FGM problem tbh.
It's ridiculous to consider banning Muslims on the basis of terrorism when you are literally 25 times more likely to drown in a bath tub than being killed by a terrorist. There are many other more pressing issues in this country that need to be dealt with and this law would be a complete nonsensical waste of time. Not to mention it would also be incredibly risky as it could very well lead to more terrorism and more radicalisation, especially since many Muslims would be denied the chance to work and study in the UK due to the actions of an extremely small minority.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by Robby2312
Well lets be honest here it would almost certainly solve our terrorism problem.Would also probably solve our FGM problem tbh.

No... Terrorism can also be bullying, and let us not forget, in the 1950~90 the Iresh were classed as terrorist. Removing muslims will not solve terrorism, it just cause new terroist to rise.
FGM, maybe not sure. FGM is mostly caused by the African community.
As much as I hate Islam, no. Really stupid idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending