The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
I never do that unless I'm showing ppl how sunburnt I am for the pity lol

Lol me and my dad just sit there and compare each limb ahaha like what a beg I am 😂😂
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Lol me and my dad just sit there and compare each limb ahaha like what a beg I am 😂😂

you're not even dark mate lol

but no for real though I cant tell south asians apart and I asked how and got hell for it like wtf at me tryna learn lol
Original post by Dhanny
Tell your Arab friend that his arab ancestors invaded and occupied many parts of Asia and went as far as India.............

If Asia was that bad , his ancestors wouldnt have travelled, invaded and occupied it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This
And forcefully converted so many
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
you're not even dark mate lol

but no for real though I cant tell south asians apart and I asked how and got hell for it like wtf at me tryna learn lol

Lolz I'm not really light and I'm not too dark I'm in the middle ish 👍🏼☺️ Thanks ❤️ Loool 😘 I can't either Ngl not from their looks 🤔
Original post by Akamega
LOL Arabs are the biggest SNEKS on road. They enjoy praise for a religion that originated in their region, forgetting that it came to them because they were (and still are) the most corrupt and morally bankrupt people on Earth. The Gulf is rich because they were lucky enough to find ridiculous amounts of oil, before they were literally still living as nomads in the desert. The rest of them live in ****ing poverty and their countries are a MESS. Arabs that think a lot of themselves are completely delusional; the majority are either stupid and rich, or just stupid.

Asians generally annoy me because they revere Arabs since the Prophet was one. Yet, Asians in this country have performed far better economically than the Arabs that sit back and claim benefits. Be proud to be Asians.

All south asians dont revere Muhammad tho
Not all of them agreed to be converted/give into forcefully being converted. A very massive majority (1 billion+) still follow hinduism, and a few follow other indian religions etc

And if you are including all of asia then among most ethnicities like Chinese, korean and Japs , reverence for Muhammad is pretty non existent
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tai Ga
lol @ either group feeling superior over the other.

Pretty much this. :lol:
depends on where the people are from. a of of these comments are on oil and gulf etc but there are arab countries that don't have half of what the uae has. in my opinion uae is the most well-off, corrupt, stuck up country in the whole of the middle east

im pretty damn proud to be a non-uae arab ayyyyee

and for the record, can people not generalize arabs to muslims to Asians to hindu or whatever, there are other religions in the world believe it or not and my mums neighbour in the middle east was a christian and they got on fine
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Idunno99
All south asians dont revere Muhammad tho
Not all of them agreed to be converted/give into forcefully being converted. A very massive majority (1 billion+) still follow hinduism, and a few follow other indian religions etc

And if you are including all of asia then among most ethnicities like Chinese, korean and Japs , reverence for Muhammad is pretty non existent

To clarify, I meant South Asian Muslims (if it wasn't clear enough). They must revere Muhammad, it's part of their religion. Arabs leverage the fact that Muhammad (and most Abrahamic prophets) were from the same region to claim cultural superiority over non-Arabs. Based on my anecdotal experience in Arab countries 'the Ummah' is a farce.

Original post by oShahpo
"One dude was being racist to me, so I will be racist to every person of their race".
Nice logic there.

Seriously though, if you're concerned about your superiority as an Asian to Arabs or as an Arab to Asians, chances are you're incredibly dull and stupid. It's always those who have no achievements or any personal pride or self-confidence who seem to look for anything they can attribute to themselves by virtue of race or nationality.

I mean, the comment I quoted is a pure example of the plague of stupidity that seems to run rife with, sadly, a lot of Arabs and Asians. "The majority are either stupid or rich", the poster might say, based on no evidence at all. I could very easily refute that idiotic point, but I will not indulge ignoramuses by giving attention to their facile arguments.

Eventually, it all boils down to this: The achievement, wealth or prosperity, or lack thereof, of people born within some 2000 km as you were has nothing to do with your own achievements, etc.

To OP, your boyfriend/girlfriend is simply stupid to allow such stupid notion of race or nationality to alter his view of you. I suggest you let him go find an Arab girl if the idea that not every single Asian is exactly the same is too complicated for his imbecilic mind.
Uhhh, ok. So, first of all, you can't put quotation marks when you've paraphrased me, it doesn't work like that. Second of all, I agree with your first statement, but sadly, it just isn't true. You asked for facts or at least some sense of scholarship so here you: 1) Black people ethnically cleansed by Libyans: https://humanrightsinvestigations.org/2011/07/07/libya-ethnic-cleansing/2) Treatment of black sudanese people by Arabs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur#Rape_of_women_and_young_girls3) This infographic that shows Arab (and Asian) countries to be the most racist countries in the world: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/4) Treatment of South Asians in Gulf nations (which I've personally witnessed): https://www.hrw.org/news/2013/12/18/south-asia-protect-migrant-workers-gulf-countries5) The history of the Trans Sub-Saharan slave trade is well-documented and the racism that accompanied it is evident. Just google it. 6) Prominent scholar, Ibn Khaldun said in his famous work, Muqaddimah: “Beyond [known peoples of black West Africa] to the south there is no civilisation in the proper sense. There are only humans who are closer to dumb animals than to rational beings. They live in thickets and caves, and eat herbs and unprepared grain. They frequently eat each other.They cannot be considered human beings.”So clearly, I'm not just making this up. Did I generalise? Of course I did. But to not admit that there is a serious societal and cultural problem ingrained within the Arabs in the Gulf (and North Africa) is clearly ludicrous. "Achieved prosperity" is rich. I assume if I stumble upon a ****-ton oil then I must've "achieved prosperity", as if they actually worked a day in their life for it.
Original post by Akamega
To clarify, I meant South Asian Muslims (if it wasn't clear enough). They must revere Muhammad, it's part of their religion. Arabs leverage the fact that Muhammad (and most Abrahamic prophets) were from the same region to claim cultural superiority over non-Arabs. Based on my anecdotal experience in Arab countries 'the Ummah' is a farce.

Uhhh, ok. So, first of all, you can't put quotation marks when you've paraphrased me, it doesn't work like that. Second of all, I agree with your first statement, but sadly, it just isn't true. You asked for facts or at least some sense of scholarship so here you: 1) Black people ethnically cleansed by Libyans: https://humanrightsinvestigations.org/2011/07/07/libya-ethnic-cleansing/2) Treatment of black sudanese people by Arabs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur#Rape_of_women_and_young_girls3) This infographic that shows Arab (and Asian) countries to be the most racist countries in the world: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/4) Treatment of South Asians in Gulf nations (which I've personally witnessed): https://www.hrw.org/news/2013/12/18/south-asia-protect-migrant-workers-gulf-countries5) The history of the Trans Sub-Saharan slave trade is well-documented and the racism that accompanied it is evident. Just google it. 6) Prominent scholar, Ibn Khaldun said in his famous work, Muqaddimah: “Beyond [known peoples of black West Africa] to the south there is no civilisation in the proper sense. There are only humans who are closer to dumb animals than to rational beings. They live in thickets and caves, and eat herbs and unprepared grain. They frequently eat each other.They cannot be considered human beings.”So clearly, I'm not just making this up. Did I generalise? Of course I did. But to not admit that there is a serious societal and cultural problem ingrained within the Arabs in the Gulf (and North Africa) is clearly ludicrous. "Achieved prosperity" is rich. I assume if I stumble upon a ****-ton oil then I must've "achieved prosperity", as if they actually worked a day in their life for it.

*Puts gloves on*
1- The first three links you provided are completely irrelevant to your point, which is that "Arabs are mostly stupid". You've given me examples of racism in the Arab world, which I did not deny existed, how is this relevant?
2- The point about Ibn Khaldun shows how laughable your argument is. Ibn Khaldun, himself an Arab, is talking about countries to the south of West Africa, none of which are "Arab".
3- The point about Arabs hitting oil and thus being automatically dumb is extremely immature and just bitter really. Libya has a lot of oil, despite that it's in a **** state. Venezuela has even more oil than all the Arab countries, and it's not a prosperous country by any measure. Nigeria has loads of oil and the same could be said of them. So obviously, hitting oil does not mean being prosperous immediately, work has to be done. Your point is completely facile, and simply stupid once one googles the sources of finance of some Gulf nations (UAE only brings a third of its GDP from oil, no more).

All in all, what I sense from your comment is that you're extremely bitter against Gulf Arabs (for reasonable reasons really, if it's about their racism) and thus you went on a tirade against every single Arab.
Original post by oShahpo
*Puts gloves on*
1- The first three links you provided are completely irrelevant to your point, which is that "Arabs are mostly stupid". You've given me examples of racism in the Arab world, which I did not deny existed, how is this relevant?
2- The point about Ibn Khaldun shows how laughable your argument is. Ibn Khaldun, himself an Arab, is talking about countries to the south of West Africa, none of which are "Arab".
3- The point about Arabs hitting oil and thus being automatically dumb is extremely immature and just bitter really. Libya has a lot of oil, despite that it's in a **** state. Venezuela has even more oil than all the Arab countries, and it's not a prosperous country by any measure. Nigeria has loads of oil and the same could be said of them. So obviously, hitting oil does not mean being prosperous immediately, work has to be done. Your point is completely facile, and simply stupid once one googles the sources of finance of some Gulf nations (UAE only brings a third of its GDP from oil, no more).

All in all, what I sense from your comment is that you're extremely bitter against Gulf Arabs (for reasonable reasons really, if it's about their racism) and thus you went on a tirade against every single Arab.

take your gloves off.

1. Nice strawman. My comment and the entire topic is about Arab supremacy, not my tangent about the stupidity of arabs (if you read the rest of my post that would be obvious). If your beef is with that specific sentence, goodbye. You missed the point.
2. WOW. I mean this is just the stupidity I'm referring too. Ibn Khaldun is talking about Africans...he's an Arab. The point was that Arab supremacy and racism has a well-documented history and is even prominent among educated, celebrated Arab scholars.
3. That's because most of the labour is carried out by expats: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/gulf-employs-most-expats/

I'm not bitter. I just think the idea of Ummah is ridiculous, primarily because Arabs have peddled supremacy and racism for centuries. To be quite fair though, even in poor Arab countries like Yemen, the word 'abeed' is still used despite having relatively close relations with multiple black nations, particularly Somalia. You just can't accept it because you're Arab.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Akamega
take your gloves off.

1. Nice strawman. My comment and the entire topic is about Arab supremacy, not my tangent about the stupidity of arabs (if you read the rest of my post that would be obvious). If your beef is with that specific sentence, goodbye. You missed the point.
2. WOW. I mean this is just stupidity I'm referring too. Ibn Khaldun is talking about Africans...he's an Arab. The point was that Arab supremacy and racism has a well-documented history and is even prominent among educated, celebrated Arab scholars.
3. That's because most of the labour is carried out by expats: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/gulf-employs-most-expats/

I'm not bitter. I just think the idea of Ummah is ridiculous, primarily because Arabs have peddled supremacy and racism for centuries. To be quite fair though, even in poor Arab countries like Yemen, the word 'abeed' is still used despite having relatively close relations with multiple black nations, particularly Somalia. You just can't accept it because you're Arab.

^^^This. And a lot of somalis beg to be half yemeni :rolleyes:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
^^^This. And a lot of somalis beg to be half yemeni :rolleyes:

It really is sad. Somalia has been a prosperous trading route with links throughout the Arab world for centuries, and yet still, Yemenis will call their slightly darker "Muslim brothers" these disgusting, derogatory insults. The middle east is rife with racism, and the Sub-Saharan slave trade was propagated by the Arab world. But sadly, people only want to talk about white folks.
Original post by Akamega
It really is sad. Somalia has been a prosperous trading route with links throughout the Arab world for centuries, and yet still, Yemenis will call their slightly darker "Muslim brothers" these disgusting, derogatory insults. The middle east is rife with racism, and the Sub-Saharan slave trade was propagated by the Arab world. But sadly, people only want to talk about white folks.

Tbf it can work the other way round. I have a relative she married a yemeni he was quite dark. He was ethnically yemeni he mentions his tribes and everything. His somali wife is about 2/3 shades lighter than him. Her relatives call him black guy, look at him? How is yemeni? I bet he's habesha and not truly yemeni
Original post by Akamega
take your gloves off.

2. WOW. I mean this is just the stupidity I'm referring too. Ibn Khaldun is talking about Africans...he's an Arab. The point was that Arab supremacy and racism has a well-documented history and is even prominent among educated, celebrated Arab scholars.

If anything, you're the one straw-manning my whole argument. I thought I made it clear that I accept that -some- Arab countries are disgustingly racist, even against each other, and I did not make any point denying that, yet you say I can't accept it because I am an "Arab", again another entirely dumbfounded point.
My comment was directed to the bit where you said that Arabs are stupid, which is clearly a racist statement.
It's cos arabs (and this is coming from an arab) on the whole are racist and pompous, and believe any ethnicity which isn't their own is below them. Even the older generations of arabs are super racist amongst themselves, never mind other ethnicities, as they hate black people (as in even black arabs). If this guy keeps bringing up the fact that you're asian and making a big deal about it then dump his ass because you don't want someone who cares about stupid **** like that. Go find a 7ft black guy and make him jealous.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm Asian and I'm getting to know this Arab guy. He seems to really look down on Asians (Indian/pak/Bengalis) and he says if his friends (Arab friends) ever knew they'd take the p out of him for getting it on with an Asian.So was just wondering why do Arabs look down on us so much, I don't get it.
how can tiny Arabs look down on Pakistanis? most are so small they would have to look up :smile:
Arabs are Asian love? The Middle East is just an area in Asia. It is in west Asia
You can't just not include west Asia and just acknowledge south and east Asia lmao
Original post by samantham999
Arabs are Asian love? The Middle East is just an area in Asia. It is in west Asia
You can't just not include west Asia and just acknowledge south and east Asia lmao

Actually the Middle East spans from North Africa to West Asia. Therefore arabs can be either african or asian.
Original post by fazza6200
Um I'm sorry Arabia is in the Middle East. Not quite Asia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooool what is arabia? Arabs are Asian. Middle East is an area in west Asia. Arabs are not a unique race. You can only be white,black,Asian,Hispanic/Latin/mixed or native you cretin

Arabs in North Africa are just mixed with everything.
Original post by samantham999
Loooool what is arabia? Arabs are Asian. Middle East is an area in west Asia. Arabs are not a unique race. You can only be white,black,Asian,Hispanic/Latin/mixed or native you cretin

Arabs in North Africa are just mixed with everything.

If we're going by the rule that you're only an arab if you're not mixed with anything else, then technically no ethnicities would exist at all since we're all mixed to an extent.

Latest

Trending

Trending