The Student Room Group

[Serious] Smoking inside University Accomodation?

Okay so, I'm with Campbell Property in Sheffield, and I was wondering if smoking out of the window of my bedroom would actually set the smoke alarms off? On our notice, it states "DO NOT SMOKE IN THE PROPERTY, If you smoke inside of the property the fire alarm systems will activate, it will detect where the incident took place and the person who's room it is will get fined (from £250) Smoking out of windows will also set off the alarm."

So I was just wondering, is this a lie? Or can smoking out of the window actually set off the alarm?

Thanks
Reply 1
If it says it will then why take the chance? It's not worth being fined £250.
@Nirvana1989-1994
Sheffield whore where u at
:rofl:
Original post by Rhaenys10
@Nirvana1989-1994
Sheffield whore where u at
:rofl:

They crazy lol :rofl: , I wouldn't risk getting that £250 fine.
Original post by UWS
If it says it will then why take the chance? It's not worth being fined £250.

Why not smoke, set the alarm off, but when it comes to paying the fine, make the TSR user iEthan the fine on your behalf? :teehee: @spotify95
Have some respect for the other people living with you and smoke outside.
Original post by meemoomin
Okay so, I'm with Campbell Property in Sheffield, and I was wondering if smoking out of the window of my bedroom would actually set the smoke alarms off? On our notice, it states "DO NOT SMOKE IN THE PROPERTY, If you smoke inside of the property the fire alarm systems will activate, it will detect where the incident took place and the person who's room it is will get fined (from £250) Smoking out of windows will also set off the alarm."

So I was just wondering, is this a lie? Or can smoking out of the window actually set off the alarm?

Thanks

Also in Sheffield. Just go outside dude :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending