The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Caius, wbu? Well Economics is the most competitive degree so you'd expect a lot, but there still seems like a lot more applicants on here than for other subjects. Idk why.

Nice, I'm applying Emmanuel. The competition for economics really does kill me :s-smilie:
Original post by blue2337
Ahhh hey guys! Congrats to everyone getting offers, it's incredible that you've heard back so soon, you must all be fab! I've finalised my application but it hasn't been sent off by the school yet.

Course: Linguistics
Grades: 10A*s at GCSE, 4As at AS (93% average), 3A* predicted
Universities: Cambridge (Clare College) eek, Edinburgh, York, UCL, Newcastle

I adore the Cambridge college that I'm applying to but it gets so many applicants and gives so few offers so I'm not holding out hopes of getting in. I love Edinburgh and would DIE if I got in! York is so pretty and I definitely wouldn't mind going there, although the course isn't as exciting as Camb and Edinburgh. I'm a bit nervous about applying to London unis but UCL is so good for my course! And Newcastle... well, my friend's applying there so I thought I might as well have it as my fifth choice!

Woah, those are some awesome choices! Edinburgh and Cambridge have the best linguistics departments and courses in the country. Good luck!
I am applying Neuroscience in UCL, Queen Mary, Natural Science in Cambridge and York and biochemistry in Imperial.
Got 5 acknowledgement letters and one offer from York yesterday!
I have been invited to an interview in Shanghai by Cambridge on 27th October ( I am an international student).
It seems that everything goes great.:smile:
Original post by denkata

Just over an hour ago I received an acknowledgement email from Nottingham, so there go the myths about weekends!

Emails are sent by an automatic system. This does not mean any staff are making decisions at weekends - because trust me they wont be.
Original post by pamplemousse.
Cambridge (lololol) and Lancaster.

Ah I picked Oxford over Cambridge, as I liked the vibe of the city more. I would absolutely love to be given an offer, but with my grades I think it's a bit of a long shot. Still, I'm going to try as hard as I can!
If only school was organised to get my reference together so I could have applied last Wednesday...

Just need some motivation :redface: because right now I'm literally working towards nothing, so there is no incentive to work.
Original post by jamestg
If only school was organised to get my reference together so I could have applied last Wednesday...

Just need some motivation :redface: because right now I'm literally working towards nothing, so there is no incentive to work.

Just imagine you getting the grades you want on results day, that's my motivation atm.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Just imagine you getting the grades you want on results day, that's my motivation atm.

I don't even know what I want tbh.

What I want will be what the unis ask for lol.
Original post by jamestg

Haha I guess so :smile:
Original post by jamestg

Remember this is only a small number of people who've sent in thier forms in already compaired to what it will be in total. The fact you've got yourself to the point where it's the teachers your waiting for shows your motivated, loads of people are still wrtiting their pr still and pondering what to apply for.
Original post by jamestg

This is exactly me. They actually have my references together but they're still not doing anything it's really frustrating me
Original post by jamestg

Then picture urself in your dream university and know what you have to do to get into that university (get them grades).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for Computer science in any of the following uni?
Surrey, City, Royal holloway, Kings college,
Have you received any offers???
Original post by BioOx
I applied to Imperial ,Edinburgh, Oxford, Warwick and UCL (to study biological science). I have already sent my application. I was ecstatic today. I thought that I might receive an offer from Warwick but apparently this year they'll start sending their offers later compared to the last 2 years. I have that feeling that I might not receive any offers till January. Warwick would boost my confidence.
I have not even received a confirmation from any UNI expect Edinburgh,

Also a biosci applicant, as of now I only have imperial & ucl as choices. What made you take the others? I was thinking of having the same combo as you, not so sure as i also like bath, st andrews, birmingham
Original post by jamestg

Same here. Is it that hard to write the references for the 10/12 or so people who are doing early entry over 3 weeks? ffs
Reply 475
Original post by dinliltla
Also a biosci applicant, as of now I only have imperial & ucl as choices. What made you take the others? I was thinking of having the same combo as you, not so sure as i also like bath, st andrews, birmingham

I chose Oxford because i like their facilities/tutoring system and it is my dream
I chose UCL because I can get a scholarship and I enjoy the course
I chose Imperial because the course (Biochem with Research abroad) seemed appealing to me
I chose Edinburgh since I love the University and Scotland
I chose Warwick since I wanted to receive an offer before December
Original post by richpanda
Same here. Is it that hard to write the references for the 10/12 or so people who are doing early entry over 3 weeks? ffs

Is it not that all your teachers write a reference and then whoever the teacher was who officially is doing it, as in who you have on the ucas form, has to collate all the other references and mix them all together?? I thought that was universal but maybe it's just my school
Original post by Lauren1498x
Is it not that all your teachers write a reference and then whoever the teacher was who officially is doing it, as in who you have on the ucas form, has to collate all the other references and mix them all together?? I thought that was universal but maybe it's just my school

My school do that too I think that's how it works

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CatusStarbright
Ah I picked Oxford over Cambridge, as I liked the vibe of the city more!

You made the right choice!! (probably)
No but seriously Oxford is fantastic and such a nice place to live in + the student discounts are ridiculous.
has anybody received offers for Law yet?
I've applied for Law with French at Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield... and Oxford. I know somebody who received an offer from Liverpool for law within few days of sending his offer yet i haven't even received an acknowledgement email and sent it in before him. I was surprised a law department handed out offers so quickly, his PS must have been really good.
Regardless of which course you've applied for, has anybody heard back or got a generic email from any of these unis yet? Nervous:s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending