The Student Room Group

Likelihood of offers?

I have recently sent my UCAS off and was just wondering if anyone had any idea how likely I am to get offers.

I achieved 2A* 7A 2B at GCSE, 4A's in Biology, RS, Maths and General Studies at AS and am predicted A*A*A in the first 3 respectively at A2. I have been told my personal statement is very good by both tutor and RS department at my school after 5th draft. I am applying to study Philosophy & Theology at the following universities (with the entry next to them):

Oxford- AAA
Durham- AAA
St Andrews- AAA
Exeter- AAB
Birmingham- ABB
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NMcG
Hi all, have recently sent my UCAS off and was just wondering if anyone had any idea how likely I am to get offers.

I achieved 2A* 7A 2B at GCSE, 4A's in Biology, RS, Maths and General Studies at AS and am predicted A*A*A in the first 3 respectively at A2. I have been told my personal statement is very good by both tutor and RS department at my school after 5th draft. I am applying to study Philosophy & Theology at the following universities (with the entry next to them):

Oxford- AAA
Durham- AAA
St Andrews- AAA
Exeter- AAB
Birmingham- ABB

Any help at all would be appreciated and if anyone just wants a chat about their application I'm more than happy to talk

I'd have thought that you'd have a very good chance for all of them, apart from Oxford where it's really impossible to say because it depends on how you do in the Philosophy Test and at interview.
hi little tip the data is readily available on offer % for every university and subject almost.
EG here is Durham for you http://university.which.co.uk/durham-university-d86/philosophy-3-years-9000-v500-24550

you can use the same site to find the other four but Durham have an offer rate of 53% if Durham ask for AAA and your predicted A*A*A then your probability of getting an offer is likely going to be higher then that. Just look up the other four and then think how you would compare against their average applicant and their is your answer.
Reply 3
Thanks guys ☺️ Just getting to the anxious waiting point now
Original post by NMcG
Thanks guys ☺️ Just getting to the anxious waiting point now

Be confident, you've got a very good profile :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest