The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Are these AS grades good enough for Warwick

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dom117117
Really that gives me hope, do you think you got an offer because of gcse,s or like personal statement?

I was told by my school they look at AS grades and references more. But I think if your AS grades are poor they may look at GCSEs to see if maybe it's just been a bad year
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by SlightlyOverdone
I was told by my school they look at AS grades and references more. But I think if your AS grades are poor they may look at GCSEs to see if maybe it's just been a bad year
cheers as I got similar AS grades as you and I know it's possible to get AAA just need the offer first.
Reply 22
What course is this for? And what were your predicted??
Mmm, it really depends... I know so many people who got amazing AS grades and got rejected. Others the opposite and ended up with exceptional A2 grades. I know some who also got rejected by Warwick but managed to come out with 3A*'s, called up on results day and literally begged (maybe 4 calls per person), and then got a place. It all depends on the applicant. The grade standards at Warwick are on the AAA-A*A*A* side, with some who get ABB to AAB. Good luck though, no harm in trying. Make sure your references are fantastic as well as your PS. x
(edited 7 years ago)
I want to apply for psychology which has entry requirements of AAB.

My predicted grades are:
- Psychology: A
- Maths: A
- Physics: C

And my AS grades were AAD.

I think I can get a B in physics next year but my teachers won't predict me above a C because my AS exams didn't go very well.
Is it still worth applying?
Original post by LPauling
Warwick wants AAA so I would say that it is quite unlikely but to still apply you have 5 options no harm in having one of them as a high one

Would someone have to get AAA at AS or only A level?
Reply 26
I want to apply for Law and Sociology at Warwick, which is AAB however I am predicted ABB.
My subjects are English lit, Sociology and Religious studies. Do you think i'll get an offer ????:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest