The Student Room Group

Why did they send me these photos? (clubbing)

I get anxiety and paranoid pretty badly, when I got sent these photos late last night I was physically shaking, hands, legs, everything.

So for the third time in this relationship now, my partner was sending me photos last night with people they was out clubbing with (opposite gender). They seemed to be in pretty close proximity with them, even though they told me they hated drunk guys being around them (pushed me away on our night out for the same reason, not this person though). What makes it worse is that this person had a crush on my girlfriend, and now they are doing this ¬_¬

This isnt the first time, they have done this before and I've confronted them about it and asked how they would feel in that position and they would have felt the same as I do now, yet they go and do it again? The fact that the photo was sent directly to me is even worse, I'm fairly certain the breaking point in their last relationship was when their ex was sending photos with other people (opposite gender again)...

Theres a few other things that kinda add to this, how they dont have fun with me in the club but do when around other people, almost like they just love the attention.

What do I do TSR, all opinions are welcomed.
Original post by Anonymous
I get anxiety and paranoid pretty badly, when I got sent these photos late last night I was physically shaking, hands, legs, everything.

So for the third time in this relationship now, my partner was sending me photos last night with people they was out clubbing with (opposite gender). They seemed to be in pretty close proximity with them, even though they told me they hated drunk guys being around them (pushed me away on our night out for the same reason, not this person though). What makes it worse is that this person had a crush on my girlfriend, and now they are doing this ¬_¬

This isnt the first time, they have done this before and I've confronted them about it and asked how they would feel in that position and they would have felt the same as I do now, yet they go and do it again? The fact that the photo was sent directly to me is even worse, I'm fairly certain the breaking point in their last relationship was when their ex was sending photos with other people (opposite gender again)...

Theres a few other things that kinda add to this, how they dont have fun with me in the club but do when around other people, almost like they just love the attention.

I think since you've confronted them in the past about it, i would mention it again and consider if you really want to be in a relationship with them, explain if its making you doubtful.
Reply 2

Your paranoia is ridiculous, it's just pics. Still, I've no idea why would your partner send them to you? Looks like she wants your attention (jealousy). Badly. If she doesn't stop, send her screenshots of you chatting to hot girls online and see how she reacts or something.
Reply 3
So for the third time in this relationship now, my partner was sending me photos last night with people they was out clubbing with (opposite gender).

"They was"?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I think since you've confronted them in the past about it, i would mention it again and consider if you really want to be in a relationship with them, explain if its making you doubtful.

Its definitely had an impact on my trust towards them, I feel like they can do whatever they want with anyone and I wouldnt know.. The pics dont help my worry at all. Thanks for the response Claireestelle :smile:

Original post by Ciel.
Your paranoia is ridiculous, it's just pics. Still, I've no idea why would your partner send them to you? Looks like she wants your attention (jealousy). Badly. If she doesn't stop, send her screenshots of you chatting to hot girls online and see how she reacts or something.

Yeah I understand my paranoia is ridiculous, I've seen my GP about it and tried many methods to combat it but it wont subdue :frown:
Me too, I dont see why she would as I give them plenty of attention and love, I guess that might not be enough! Its tempting, I'm heading out for a friends birthday soon so I'll use that as an opportunity! Thanks for the response Ciel ^_^

Original post by Josb
"They was"?

They were* My grammar is not what it use to be :biggrin:
Reply 5

They were* My grammar is not what it use to be :biggrin:

How many partners do you have?
Reply 6
Original post by Josb
How many partners do you have?

One? I was saying they were out with their friends, the majority of which where of the opposite gender.
Omg maybe you should just lock your bf/gf up and not let them into society because you don't have any confidence that you're enough for him/her.
Reply 8
Original post by AccountingBabe
Omg maybe you should just lock your bf/gf up and not let them into society because you don't have any confidence that you're enough for him/her.

Im all for them going out and having a good time, I'm not ordering them to stop socializing with their friends at all. I just think it was out of line sending me those photos. And next time, dont be an *******. If you were in my situation you'd maybe have more sympathy instead of being insensitive.
Reply 9
imo, i dont think your gf is serious about your relationship, id recommend finding someone else

Spoiler

Im all for them going out and having a good time, I'm not ordering them to stop socializing with their friends at all. I just think it was out of line sending me those photos. And next time, dont be an *******. If you were in my situation you'd maybe have more sympathy instead of being insensitive.

If I was in your position I wouldn't be crying over my gf in a picture next to a guy.

You're relationship must suck that you can't even trust her even though you have zero evidence of her doing anything and she doesn't have a record of cheating on you.
Original post by AccountingBabe
If I was in your position I wouldn't be crying over my gf in a picture next to a guy.

You're relationship must suck that you can't even trust her even though you have zero evidence of her doing anything and she doesn't have a record of cheating on you.

Oh right so even if it was the same guy who use to like her a few months back, who's always been trying to get with her (as I've been told by her) and she just lets him? And she even pushes me away when I try to do the same but she'll let him? That wouldn't ring any bells for you?

Thats why I'm concerned, why would she let him and not me? That evidence worries me a bit. And I dont know, she could have cheated in previous relationships? That topic of conversation has not risen yet.
Reply 12
Why do you keep referring to your partner as "they" "their" "them" and then give it away by telling us she's your gf lol

Anyway, I've been in this situation before with somebody I used to know and they too would send similar photos as you've described at a rave and stuff, or constant screenshots of their convos with the opposite gender, that kind of thing. It used to make me feel like " ??? I don't wanna know this ****" and it eventually bored me to death and so I cut them off because I cba with mind games.

So let me tell you, it's most likely an attention seeking tactic to try and make you jealous.

She knows exactly what she is doing in sending you those photos and is perhaps looking for some sort of reaction. Like how are you even supposed to respond?? "oh you look cute together" I think not.

You can either mention it, which she'll probably love, or act like you aren't phased until she gets bored of it. It's head games either way though and that isn't healthy in a relationship.
Original post by sh9
Why do you keep referring to your partner as "they" "their" "them" and then give it away by telling us she's your gf lol

Anyway, I've been in this situation before with somebody I used to know and they too would send similar photos as you've described at a rave and stuff, or constant screenshots of their convos with the opposite gender, that kind of thing. It used to make me feel like " ??? I don't wanna know this ****" and it eventually bored me to death and so I cut them off because I cba with mind games.

So let me tell you, it's most likely an attention seeking tactic to try and make you jealous.

She knows exactly what she is doing in sending you those photos and is perhaps looking for some sort of reaction. Like how are you even supposed to respond?? "oh you look cute together" I think not.

You can either mention it, which she'll probably love, or act like you aren't phased until she gets bored of it. It's head games either way though and that isn't healthy in a relationship.

Yeah I understand that I messed up there :biggrin: I tried to shy away from mentioning it haha

Yeah it sounds the same as your situation. Yeah exactly! How am I suppose to react to it, other than being mad or anxious?
I'll probably keep it to myself, she does things like that from time to time. I'll maybe mention it if it gets worse as I dont want it to take a toll on us.
You're clearly too insecure and immature to be in a relationship at the moment. Go and sort out personal things and then try and get in one when you're more ready.
Even if you don't agree with what I'm saying, your girlfriend clearly doesn't respect you if you've already had a discussion about this exact thing yet she still does it again, so you should seriously consider whether you want to be in a relationship with someone that doesn't care about upsetting you.
Either way, R.I.P relationship in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending